PDA

View Full Version : What Have Your Older Posts Taught You About Yourself?

Forsaken Lover
07-26-2012, 12:13 PM
So I'm full of myself and I like to search for my username on forums I belong to, just in case someone mentioned me in a thread or whatever.

Sadly this didn't pan out as only like one or two people mentioned me in passing. Anyway, it did succeed in inspiring me to make this topic.

Looking at my posts back in 2008 or so, I noticed I was a lot angrier or perhaps petulant is the more appropriate world. I bitched about way too many things needlessly and my little bitchfest with The Crystal is the best proof of that.

I may have strong opinions now, and I will rant all day about how much I hate things such as MGS4, but I don't think I interject as much with needlessly insulting statements like I used to. (unless I'm trolling anyway)

So that's me. how about you all?

Shlup
07-26-2012, 12:21 PM
I read a handful of my posts from 2004 just for the sake of this thread... I don't seem any different to myself. I think I'm calmer, I guess. Maybe more apathetic, if that's possible. I try to be nicer... most of the time.

Pike
07-26-2012, 04:47 PM
My old EoFF posts aren't half as bad as my old LJ posts. But I think I was pretty sheltered back then. Which is funny because I was in college when I joined, but you wouldn't believe how sheltered I was as a college kid. (By choice, mostly.)

krissy
07-26-2012, 04:56 PM
GLOMPS NEWBIE ^____^v

Quindiana Jones
07-26-2012, 05:09 PM
I was probably less hateful towards you all.

G13
07-26-2012, 06:11 PM
I was an idiot. More so than I am now.

I'm pretty sure you all hated me. More so than you do now.

CimminyCricket
07-26-2012, 06:16 PM
I never should have been allowed on the internet.

Hollycat
07-26-2012, 06:53 PM
I had no idea what trolling was, I never left the house, was extremely sheltered (didn't hear the f word till 8th grade). Also I was probably smarter, but more belligerent.

Now I'm a troll and a brony and (I hope) a permanent part of Eoff

Also my grammar was terrible and I was extremely annoying.

The Man
07-26-2012, 07:31 PM
I used to talk too much, took myself far too seriously, overreacted to the tiniest little thing, and had next to no sense of humour. My sense of humour still isn't that great, especially since I've spent the last several years suffering from crippling depression, but I probably still have more of one than I did when I joined this place, as well as a thicker skin.

Slothy
07-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Looking at a few of my first posts, I'd say I seemed considerably less angry back then. But what else should we expect when you stick around here long enough?

Working on the census which is going on right now in the General FF forum doesn't help either.

Jessweeee♪
07-26-2012, 08:56 PM
I haven't changed a bit. I used to be a kid, now I'm a kid playing a really intense game of house :smash:

Madame Adequate
07-26-2012, 09:18 PM
I used to be a literal sociopath but now I don't think poor people should die just for the misfortune of being poor.

Goldenboko
07-26-2012, 09:20 PM
I learn that every year I've become slightly less of a twat. Also sexier.

Sylvie
07-26-2012, 09:24 PM
I don't really need to even explain it.

Parker
07-26-2012, 11:12 PM
i owned then and i own now. i am the best poster

Faris
07-26-2012, 11:28 PM
That I never should have left.

Jiro
07-27-2012, 12:32 AM
I have learned far more about you people from my posts than I have about myself. It's not all good, either.

Shorty
07-27-2012, 03:37 AM
Rantz reminds me about my older posts enough. I don't care to look back at what they were for fear of horror.

Tigmafuzz
07-27-2012, 05:55 PM
I was a crazy troll and I loved it. I often posted things I didn't actually agree with in order to spark really tiny debates. And it was funnier that most of the disagreements/arguments were so small, because nobody can tell a person is trolling if they post something slightly dumb. I used to post things on several forums that were horribly grammatically incorrect and act like a complete retard that shouldn't be on the internet because I thought it was hilarious when people would actually call me out on it. I would continue acting like an idiot, misspell words, etc. until they would get so angry they would ragequit or just stop talking to me. "God is real because it says so in the bible" and things like that. Like the arguments you see in the comments section of a YouTube video, but on purpose. I don't know why. I am a horrible person.

EDIT: when I started looking through my old posts, I honestly thought some idiot had temporarily hijacked my account before I remembered I did most of that on purpose.

Jowy
07-27-2012, 05:57 PM
that i don't learn from my mistakes!

Sylvie
07-28-2012, 07:47 PM
I was a crazy troll and I loved it. I often posted things I didn't actually agree with in order to spark really tiny debates. And it was funnier that most of the disagreements/arguments were so small, because nobody can tell a person is trolling if they post something slightly dumb. I used to post things on several forums that were horribly grammatically incorrect and act like a complete retard that shouldn't be on the internet because I thought it was hilarious when people would actually call me out on it. I would continue acting like an idiot, misspell words, etc. until they would get so angry they would ragequit or just stop talking to me. "God is real because it says so in the bible" and things like that. Like the arguments you see in the comments section of a YouTube video, but on purpose. I don't know why. I am a horrible person.

EDIT: when I started looking through my old posts, I honestly thought some idiot had temporarily hijacked my account before I remembered I did most of that on purpose.

tl;dr: you don't want to admit you were an idiot when you were younger

escobert
07-29-2012, 01:30 AM
I've always been the same old dumbass.

Hollycat
07-29-2012, 01:39 AM
But you're OUR Dumbass.

I still remember the set you had when I joined.

escobert
07-29-2012, 01:42 AM
But you're OUR Dumbass.

what one? I haven't used a "new" set in years and years.

Hollycat
07-29-2012, 01:51 AM
But you're OUR Dumbass.

Oh, you Cheshire cat.

escobert
07-29-2012, 01:56 AM
But you're OUR Dumbass.

Oh, you Cheshire cat.

that's a good CD :p

Shiny
07-29-2012, 04:14 AM
I was more perverted. I was also fifteen and a virgin so probably had alot to do with it.

Citizen Bleys
08-03-2012, 04:58 AM
I miss who I was...

Of course usually missing who I used to be is what brings me back to EoFF for these brief fits of futility

Jiro
08-03-2012, 10:10 AM
I do enjoy your brief stints though.

Sephex
08-03-2012, 10:57 AM
I took the internet too seriously and I used to get wound up about life pretty easily in general. I have grown since then and have learned to lighten up a lot.

Chris
08-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Looking back, I was an immature prat. Did everything I possibly could to be known. :redface:

ReloadPsi
08-04-2012, 12:16 PM
That I'm not the overly credulous FF fanboy I once was. During the period I had pretty much forgotten about these forums entirely (oops!) I experienced the hype around XIII despite not being interested, played it to shut up the people who wanted me to give it a chance, and finally decided I was done with Square-Enix and the FF franchise.

Some posts indicate that I used to be able to play these games to death, like some posts I made in the FF1 subforum where I did a solo Fighter challenge, or tried to max out my Monk's damage output (turns out you can go over 9999 in DoS). Now I just play through and then leave it be; no grinding or stat boosting or item farming.

Shauna
08-04-2012, 06:51 PM
That I used to be more entertained by message boards than I am now. :p

I tried looking back through my posts, got to about mid 2008 and gave up. Still got a more active 3 years prior to that, don't really wanna wade through all that.

The usual nonsense though, I joined when I was 14 - I would definitely have been more naive, I serious business'd when things should have been simple and easy. Probably most importantly though, I've learned that I'm a much happier person now than I was back then.

Pike
08-04-2012, 07:13 PM
That I'm not the overly credulous FF fanboy I once was. During the period I had pretty much forgotten about these forums entirely (oops!) I experienced the hype around XIII despite not being interested, played it to shut up the people who wanted me to give it a chance, and finally decided I was done with Square-Enix and the FF franchise.

Interestingly I didn't join this forum for the Final Fantasy aspect, even though I've long been a fan of the series. I joined for the community aspect. 2005 was kind of in the middle of EoFF's heyday and I knew a lot of people on various forums that I frequented (I used to be on a lot of other forums) who were also members here or who would namedrop it or whatnot and I finally got curious and joined. It was by far the most active forum I'd seen up to that point and I thought it was neat that it had such a large community.

Anyways I also went through a period where I forgot the forum existed. OOPS.

Madame Adequate
08-04-2012, 08:16 PM
This is the caliber of staff we have nowadays. :stare:

Jiro
08-05-2012, 08:34 AM
There's been a vast improvement recently though.

NorthernChaosGod
08-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Yeah, but you're not on staff anymore, Dak. :(

Shorty
08-05-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who was twitch-twitching at the title of this thread.

Jinx
08-05-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who was twitch-twitching at the title of this thread.

Clo
08-06-2012, 08:42 PM
My older posts have taught me that I am a poor judge of character.

Quindiana Jones
08-06-2012, 10:40 PM
It's not your fault, Clo. You're a cat.