PDA

View Full Version : Cold-Bloodedly Killing the Cute Cuddly Critters

Forsaken Lover
07-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Unlike the previous main Final Fantasy's(if this was in FFXI, don't care), FFXII doesn't have random battles. You're really just meandering about environments, seeing wildlife in its native habitat and stuff. Many of the "monsters" are just plain old animals.

As such, do you ever feel a bit bad when you wander in and kill them? Those poor Giza Rabbits who resemble living cotton balls and do nothing but heal you... Those poor Chocobos who are sleeping until you stab a sword in their gut or set them on fire.... I even kinda feel bad for the big Gator things since some of them don't attack you and they sit there lazily, their mouths hanging open and looking rather dopey. I feel like I'm beating up a mentally challenged animal to boot.

Jinx
07-26-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't attack them if they don't attack me.

The first time a Giza Rabbit cured me, though, it scared the shit out of me.

Quindiana Jones
07-26-2012, 02:35 PM
I didn't know Giza Rabbits healed you. I've always been to busy slaughtering them all.

My god... I'm a monster... maybe this is the moral?... Vayne was just a politician, but we... my god...

DMKA
07-26-2012, 04:54 PM
I feel a bit bad about killing the little sleeping cactoids in the Dalmasca Westersands, especially the sleepy ones. :(

But that's about it.

G13
07-26-2012, 06:36 PM
The only time I ever felt bad was when I killed those random Garif. But I wanted to complete the bestiary, so meh.

Jessweeee♪
07-26-2012, 09:11 PM
I don't have it in me to kill a cute critter that heals my party. Catoids I'll fight, but I cry a little inside when I do.

Jiro
07-27-2012, 04:41 AM
The only time I ever felt bad was when I killed those random Garif. But I wanted to complete the bestiary, so meh.

Pretty much this. I struggled with the idea of killing something that was almost human but then I realised the book needed filling so down to business.

ReloadPsi
07-28-2012, 02:31 AM
Nothing comes between me and my experience points, not even cuteness.

Omega Cloud
08-25-2012, 07:16 AM
Whether they are "friendly monsters" or normal monsters all must die, i need to kill every last monster on the map just to make sure, dont want one of them pretending to be all super friendly or sleeping and then BAM! They start nibbling your feet off. Vaan doesnt need any more disadvantages

Karifean
08-25-2012, 07:46 PM
FF IX was the only FF that convinced me to spare friendly monsters. In XII - hey, it's a License Point!

Elpizo
08-25-2012, 08:20 PM
I didn't really feel bad about it. You have no choice but to kill all of them if you want the figurine of a full bestiary in your Sky Pirates' Den. ^^"

Raistlin
08-25-2012, 08:49 PM
I like killing small creatures because it makes me feel tough.

Mercen-X
08-26-2012, 06:19 AM
I usually only kill them if they insist on bugging me. Truthfully, I wish for the option to duck out of the mandatory battle against those vegetables. Those little kindergartners are no match for me.

Ralvyn
08-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Those rabbits are quite cute in XII, but in FFT A2, ugh those give me headaches. Haste here, buff there. So it's like a payback to kill them in another game.

Roogle
09-04-2012, 08:33 AM

Yeah, I think I could kill random wildlife if I knew that they had unscripted roles and respawn after a certain amount of time. Do the Garif or other hunting NPCs respawn?