PDA

View Full Version : "A Realm Reborn" to hit PS3

Jiro
07-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Following a rather disappointing start to the Final Fantasy series' second MMO instalment, Final Fantasy XIV has been revamped and is set to be "re-released" in a fashion as Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. The game's Director/Producer Naoki Yoshida said the new subtitle was not only "a symbol of a completely new Final Fantasy XIV, but also marks the beginning of a new stage as the latest title in the Final Fantasy series."

The end of the trailer for FF XIV: A Realm Reborn features the words "Coming soon to Playstation 3 and PC" but fails to mention a specific release date. We'll keep our eyes peeled for any information on a launch date. For now, just enjoy the trailer for the revamped Final Fantasy XIV.

MthTZ3vjKgc

Mirage
07-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Not really news, though. They've always planned on releasing it for PS3.

Jiro
07-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Bet they didn't plan on it being an utter flop to start with though. Plans change.

Mirage
07-27-2012, 12:43 PM
This plan never changed :p.

PS3 release was the intention both at the start, and through the entire process of remaking the game. There have never been any signs of them dropping PS3 support.

Jinx
07-27-2012, 02:16 PM
I really want to play this.

Del Murder
07-27-2012, 06:04 PM
What's with that narrator? Sounds like a fan did it.

Loony BoB
07-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Haha, yeah, the game's official forums got a pretty lengthy thread slating the narration.

There are rough dates going around the internet from an MMOCulture interview with Yoshi-P lately that go as follows...

Q: When will Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 launch?
A: I expect the first Closed Beta for the Japan and International servers to be held end September or early October, entering Closed Beta 2 this winter and Open Beta in January next year. We will be talking to Shanda Games about the China server, with features such as PvP, blocking 3rd party programs and localization, hence the China server will launch later.

No mention of the PS3 release date, but it has always been confirmed on many occasions that this game WILL be released for PS3. My understanding from the various things I've read is that the PS3 beta will begin around the time the PC version comes out of beta. I'm pretty sure I still have a code that gets me into the closed beta for PS3. :p