PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Crossers

Mercen-X
07-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Regardless of whether you choose to participate, I'm ranking my favorite 15 here.

1st Place: Norris
Pretty much just because I think he's got the best outfit in the entire game. Hell, it's the best of the Chrono series. It may just be military with a nice jacket, but it's posh. I'm also a fan of gunslingers and like his Techs. He's even got nice hair.
2nd Place: Lynx
I wish there were an option to keep Lynx's form or at least his clothes. I've always thought Serge's outfit was lame. Lynx is cool. Not only does he have a superior outfit, but he's a bipedal cat. Finding out who he really is makes me cringe at whacky plot twists appearing to have been thrown in "just for the hell of it," but regardless of whether I still get to use his Black Innate Techs (sometimes I wished I could've been using his scythe), he's still choice #1 for main character.
3rd Place: Harle
She's just so cute. I love her accent. She's a much more endearing version of Harley Quinn.
4th Place: Dario/Glenn.
Well, actually, I haven't played as Glenn yet or really experienced much of him in the game. But he's Dario's brother and Dario's awesome despite the fact that you only encounter him as an optional fight that's a bit tricky. I don't prefer to be stuck with the Masamune and, in fact, I think the Mastermune is a stupid name (I love the design though), but again, Dario has a plush outfit and impressive skills. Back to Glenn, I hear he not only gets to use the Einlanzer but dual-wields them. Tops!
5th Place: Turnip
His speech pattern is totally Frog. Like Harle, he's just so cute. A tiny little VegeKnight (minus the "shining armor").
6th Place: Grobyc
I like machines. I like robots. I like automatons. I like synthetic humans. I like people with artificial parts (they're interesting). I like cyborgs. Really... I've said too much already.
7th Place: Skelly
Pretty damned impressive meeting a dead guy with an intact sense of humor. He may not have the greatest outfit or the greatest skills, but Skelly is one of the more entertaining characters in the game. Funguy is the other but I'll only be including the one entertainer in this list.
8th Place: Karsh
I actually kind of hate his name. But once he's recruitable, I like his attitude. He's pretty enthusiastic, yo!
9th Place: Nikki
I'm usually not the biggest fan of Japanese pop artist who tend to dress up like chicks to score more fans. But Nikki is still a fun character and Chrono Cross is the game that got me used to this J-pop stereotype so I could better embrace Genesis/Gackt when Crisis Core was released.
10th Place: Radius
Good name, ol' man. Pretty impressive skill for a cane-walker. I'm never really been a big fan of the aged guru archetype, but in most shows you don't see much of them. Being able to play as Radius gives you more of a chance to appreciate what the geezers are really capable of.
11th Place: Guile
I've only recruited him once and then I didn't complete the storyline before resetting the game to choose another path. My deal was that I felt his storyline didn't offer me enough material gain. Aside from that, I thought Guile neat. Like (I presume) Pierre or Nikki, he's one of the first characters you can recruit who actually starts off with his level 3 Tech available and it's teleporting a rod into an opponent's sternum! He and Razzly are the only two characters in the game that float rather than walk (well, he WALKS but floats rather than running). Like Lynx, I think his outfit is dignified also.
12th Place: Kid
Gotta love her. Well, maybe love is a strong word. Look how far down the list I've put her. Still, she's the first character you recruit who can eventually steal from monsters and she's not bad to look at. I bloody hate that accent though, mate!
13th Place: Steena
She's mostly on this list because I like her level 7 Tech.
14th Place: Pierre
Basically just because I think it's awesome when the Prop Sword transforms into a Hero Blade.
15th Place: Pip
Whatever the hell this thing is, it's "evowving." I never used it in battle all that much so the first time I saw him evolve was when I was battling Time Devourer and repeatedly running away when the Chrono Cross wouldn't work. Imagine my surprise when Pip suddenly sprouted wings and turned pink. At first, I thought he was gonna simulcast and ruin my sequence which would have pissed me off (which I eventually was anyway because the Chrono Cross isn't working).

Well, that's my list. I might've put Greco in there somewhere but like with Skelly, I decided to include just one masked guy.

Del Murder
07-28-2012, 11:24 PM
I used Serge/Kid/Glenn mostly but I liked Harle and Karsh too.

Wolf Kanno
07-29-2012, 06:48 AM
Oddly enough, my favorite final team in Chrono Cross is almost the same team I use in Chrono Trigger.

Trigger: Crono, Frog, Magus
Cross: Serge, Glenn, and Guile.

I need to replay Chrono Cross again so I can remember everybody. :(

Mercen-X
07-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Two things occur to me now reading my own post: Instead of listing Steena, I could have listed Garai (the GaraiShadow my motivation for listing Steena), as I've already technically listed two characters whom aren't playable.
Also, I apparently wasn't battling the Time Devourer when the Chrono Cross wouldn't work. All the guides I'd been reading never mentioned any Dragon God that I recall, but that's what I was fighting and I would have known that if at any point I actually paid attention to the name that shows up when I target an enemy. Usually, I just rely on the cursor over the head to know what I'm aiming at.

L . . . . O . . . . L

Gamblet
07-31-2012, 02:50 PM
I like Pip, it was very fun to find out how all the forms look like and that they can do. I never got the lvl 7 Tech to work though for both final forms. :(

Lynx had really good-looking Techs.

Orlha looks hot.

I also loved the Double Tech with Leah and Draggy. Draggy was the cutest character in my opinion.

Sephex
07-31-2012, 09:57 PM
Serge, Glenn, and Nikki or Norris.

Mercen-X
08-02-2012, 04:33 AM
Most of the melee Techs were a little unimaginative IMO. I liked most Lv5-7 Techs. Since I'm about to regain Serge's body in a game where I've actually recruited Glenn, I'm gonna be working on getting his double-Einlanzer look.

EDEETA: I've can't believe I've had to consult guides to realize how many double-techs there are in this game. Half of the characters I recruited seem to be able to pull them off already if I'd just put them in my party at the same time. Obvious ones like Karsh and Zoah. I was able to figure out without a guide that Turnip and NeoFio would have one of their own. But I don't know how it would occur to anyone that Draggy and Leah have one together. I would have thought Radius would have had one with Zappa since at one point in the game he claims to have fought beside him in the past. I don't know why he has one with Viper. I don't remember there being history 'tween those two. Maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Gamblet
08-02-2012, 03:09 PM
I never got the lvl 7 Tech to work though for both final forms.

Lynx had really good-looking Techs..

I never got the LV7 Tech at all. I don't care if it had been for an evolved form or not, hell, I would have accepted the Pounce +4, but I just got nothing. Of course, like I said, I really never used the thing.

I didn't get it at all too, that evolving system was quite buggy.

Mercen-X
08-03-2012, 02:15 AM
I got bored scrounging for missed materials in my Continue+ and decided I'd just beat the game using the Time Egg. I was in the middle of the Dragon Relic quests and the ending I got was about Dario's school and the "means" by which they paid for it. (a "rip-off joint"... poor Dark [insert]) Oh, and in case it bears weight on the outcome, I got the Masamune by this point.

I'll likely be seeing them all soon (or I could just look them up on YouTube very likely) so it's no spoiler. I may as well ask: what are the favorite endings in Chrono Cross?

Gamblet
08-03-2012, 01:02 PM
I may as well ask: what are the favorite endings in Chrono Cross?

The one where Lynx is in Serge's form at the entrance to the Dead Sea. It had some funny lines.

Jowy
08-05-2012, 12:54 AM
One of my friends in high school accidentally broke my Chrono Cross pre-order clock. I was heartbroken.

Glenn with two Einlanzers was awesome! The first time I played through I wasn't aware that neglecting to remedy Kid resulted in getting some super lame characters. I think I quit the second I hit disc 2 and just started over. I used Serge/Glenn/Karsh mainly. Norris was pretty rad too. Leena was cute so I used her a lot too.

The Man
08-05-2012, 03:16 AM
It's been forever since I played Cross but I remember my favourite characters being Harle, Lynx, Serge, Kid, Guile, and Glenn. I don't think I could make a top fifteen list.

Mercen-X
08-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Looking back, certain characters have attitudes and outfits that seem better suited for the group while others are better suited to... well, other groups. So, without too much further ado, here are my gangs.

Karsh's gang: (yeah, that's right, Serge is a Karsh subordinate) Kid, (despite the fact I hate his wearing a... thong? His hair qualifies him in my book) Doc, Sneff, Grobyc, Nikki, Miki

Greco's gang: Skelly (because he's dead), Mojo (I don't know)

Lynx's gang: Dark Serge, Guile, Luccia, Steena, Radius, Riddel

Viper's gang: Fargo, Zappa, Hell Cook Orcha... Norris? Dario?

Glenn's gang: Zoah, Orhla, Pierre... Solt & Peppor?

Marcy's gang: Mel, Van, Orhla, Kid

(all the weirdos) Poshul (a dog that talks?), Razzly, Draggy, Starky, Sprigg, Turnip, NeoFio, Funguy, Leah, Pip, Skelly, Mojo

Am I forgetting anyone? A few... well, not forgetting really, but they're stragglers I feel don't really fit with a particular crowd. I know I mentioned people twice, but some are capable of fitting into more than one group.

Christmas
08-02-2022, 08:48 AM
Remaster is out, bitches!