View Full Version : IIIIIIIII LOOOOOOOOOVE YOU JEEEEEEEEESUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIST

Jowy
07-30-2012, 03:15 AM
I always fast forward past that part.

You?

Shorty
07-30-2012, 03:33 AM
I do, too.

couldn't when I saw him live though but I didn't fucking care because I saw jeff fucking mangum live

Jowy
07-30-2012, 03:43 AM
so jelly right now

slap me all over that toast and serve me with some scrambled eggs

Shorty
07-30-2012, 04:07 AM
As you should be, my friend. He played not one but two encores, ending with Engine.

I can't tell if this thread is about fast-forwarding parts of songs you don't like or Jeff Mangum, so I'm going to continue talking about Jeff Mangum.

Jowy
07-30-2012, 01:38 PM
It's really moreso in relation to fast forwarding or skipping past entire tracks of albums you love.

I skip most of the dialogue on Liquid Swords because I wanna hear dem beats. With Wish You Were Here I skip Welcome to the Machine entirely.

Rantz
07-30-2012, 03:38 PM
If I ever skipped forward I would probably skip past that track.

I don't really skip forward, though. If I'm listening to an album straight through I'm damn well gonna listen to every second of it :colbert: These days I mostly shuffle, though. And then it's okay to skip.

Jinx
07-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Why is everyone hating on King of Carrot Flowers pt. 2? Just because it says Jesus Christ in it? Really? (Except Jowy who clarified.)

I very rarely listen to a song all the way to the end. So, yeah, I skip a lot.

Rantz
07-30-2012, 05:04 PM
That's a strange assumption to make! I don't care for that part because it's obnoxious sounding.

Shorty
07-30-2012, 05:09 PM
He could have said "I love and worship the devil" and I would still skip it because it is indeed obnoxious sounding, not because he says jesus christ.

I skip the beginning part of Take Your Time by fun. Just get to the real music already!

GhandiOwnsYou
07-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Oh god. Kitchen Ware and Candy Bars by Stone Temple Pilots off of Purple. I used to forget about that thing constantly and just put my whole STP playlist on shuffle on the radio at work. Next thing you know I'm upside down in some helicopter 20 feet off the ground fixing something, and everyone is screaming at me asking what kind of crap did I put on the radio to be blasted over the entire hangar. Never failed.

ffxatticus
08-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Always feel awkward when I'm in the car and this comes on with someone else around. Especially if they have never heard of NMH. Saw Jeff the other month though. Soooo good.

Psychotic
08-10-2012, 10:54 PM
NMH's second best track. Just sayin'.

Also I like to interpret it as "I love you! Jesus fucking christ! How about that!"

Jinx
08-11-2012, 02:55 AM
NMH's second best track. Just sayin'.

Also I like to interpret it as "I love you! Jesus fucking christ! How about that!"

That's how I always heard it.

Clo
08-11-2012, 06:33 PM
I never skip it. I like the crazy-Jeff-Magum-emotion to it.

Also, I am jealous of Sarah. :colbert: Immensely.

Shorty
08-11-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm pretty sure he had a couple shows in New York!

I don't even remember how I heard he was touring again. It was a magic amazing stroke of luck.

Jowy
08-12-2012, 04:52 AM
I was also told I am a heathen because I fast-forward to 8:20 in Shine On You Crazy Diamond Parts I-V. I'm sure that's another sin entirely on its own level.