PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix to release FFIII on Kickstarter Ouya system.

Wolf Kanno
08-01-2012, 05:53 AM
Square Enix Pledges Final Fantasy III For Ouya Launch | Game|Life | Wired.com (http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/07/final-fantasy-iii-ouya/)

Squenix said they would touch up the graphics as well for the port so it's a slight remake.

Alpha2099
08-01-2012, 05:59 AM
Maybe instead of the graphics, they could touch up something that matters. Something like -- oh, I don't know -- the annoying difficulty? Maybe they could design the game so that you aren't forced to use certain job combinations at certain parts of the game without getting roasted?

Wolf Kanno
08-01-2012, 07:02 AM
That's just part of the gameplay. I actually like those segments cause it adds a bit of a puzzle element. Hell, I would argue the DS remake went a bit too far with balancing the classes. Besides, there are not enough difficult RPGs in today's market.

Elpizo
08-01-2012, 08:45 AM
The DS version really wasn't that hard, especially compared to the original or IV DS. In III, some level grinding got you everywhere, aside from those few times where you had to use certain job combination. In IV DS, grinding rarely did any good if you didn't know the right strategy against bosses, which you could only figure out through trial and error. Sure, compared to modern RPGs III DS is brutal, but that says more about modern RPGs than it does about III.

Slothy
08-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Just one more reason for me to look forward to this thing.

Pike
08-02-2012, 01:47 AM
Very interesting indeed. This Ouya thing is getting more and more intriguing as time goes on.

Sephex
08-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Mark me down for intrigued as well.

Quindiana Jones
08-17-2012, 01:39 PM
I was planning on buying an OUYA anyway. Now I'm going to buy one extra hard.

Slothy
08-17-2012, 05:56 PM
I was planning on buying an OUYA anyway. Now I'm going to buy one extra hard.

I've been told you can actually pre-order the thing already. I won't at the moment as I don't have a spare $100 kicking around, but if it keeps picking up some bigger developer and publisher support on top of being great for smaller companies I think I may have to break down and throw my money at them.

Evastio
09-02-2012, 02:35 AM
I'm quite interested in seeing screenshots for the OUYA version of FFIII, as well as seeing if they stick with the online method of getting content like the Onion Knight class and the Iron Giant Superboss.

Nightsintodreams
10-17-2012, 03:29 PM
I picked up an Ouya while it was on Kickstarter, and I am pleasantly surprised to see that they are bringing Final Fantasy III over. I am hoping its more of a port of the original Japanese version than the DS/PSP ones, though I am going to sincerely doubt that.

Now, if only they will bring over an original game for the Ouya...and it NOT be one of those damn Crystal Chronicles titles...

Fynn
10-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Yeah, they're probably going with the DS version, but is that a bad thing? Though still, I could be wrong and I cannot wait to see what it looks like.

Bolivar
10-24-2012, 05:45 AM
Smart move by Square to hedge their bets this way and get a foothold in this thing.

For the record, I liked the gameplay segments where you needed to use certain classes, but the game isn't perfectly balanced. I tried beating it with some really out-there job classes like the bard and it's not possible to beat that last string of bosses.