PDA

View Full Version : best radiohead album

Jowy
08-03-2012, 01:42 AM
No comments, no explanations, no detail, no criticizing anyone that would post "Pablo Honey." Just post it and move on. Wonder why someone selects what they do? Maybe you should give it another listen. We've all got different tastes.

In Rainbows.

Sylvie
08-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Here's a bunch of your opinions in further detail:

<Bubbaforever> That was their best album
<Lawr> I'm about to attempt 200 pushups
<Jowy> worst song on OK computer
<Bubbaforever> Ahh OK Computer
<sylvie> oh god radiohead
<Jowy> also implying that in rainbows isn't the best album
* sylvie shakes violently
<foa> the bends is my favorite radiohead album
<Jowy> you are both suspended
<sylvie> i love that you made that reference just now jowy
<Bubbaforever> Megan, you are correct
<foa> You can't suspend me
<foa> every song on that album is perfect
<foa> so perfect i can't ever pick a favorite.
<Jowy> yeah if you just have street spirit on repeat
<Jowy> i'm glad one person pictured what i did
<Bubbaforever> It really is a beautiful record
<Jowy> in rainbows > kid A > ok computer > king of limbs > the bends > hail to the thief > amnesiac > pablo honey
<Jowy> YOUR TURN.
<foa> I agree pablo honey is the ungoodest
<Bubbaforever> First album though
<Bubbaforever> Creep is immense
<Lawr> Ungoodest
<foa> I like the bends, ok computer and probably kid A the best

krissy
08-03-2012, 01:56 AM
kid a and ok computer in that order

The Man
08-03-2012, 03:16 AM
Kid A, with OK Computer, The Bends, and In Rainbows competing for a close second.

Bunny
08-03-2012, 04:00 AM
The Bends followed by OK Computer.

Sephex
08-03-2012, 04:37 AM
It's always up between OK Computer and Kid A. I do enjoy the In Rainbows and OK Computer connection, however.

Doubt anyone who would post in this thread doesn't know this, but just in case: Radiohead: 01 and 10 | Puddlegum (http://puddlegum.net/radiohead-01-and-10/)

Shiny
08-03-2012, 05:28 AM
Apparently Larry is about attempt 200 push ups. Thanks for letting me know, Sylvie.

I'll go with Ok Computer although I do like In Rainbows.

Shorty
08-03-2012, 06:51 AM
The Bends, OK Computer and then Kid A.

Bunny
08-03-2012, 08:46 AM

I like you.

charliepanayi
08-03-2012, 09:28 AM
My ranking (not heard Pablo Honey):

Kid A
The Bends
Amnesiac
OK Computer
In Rainbows
Hail to the Thief
The King of Limbs

I like all of them though.

Criminally Vulgar
08-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Kid A
OK Computer
The Bends
King of Limbs
In Rainbows
Hail to the Thief
Amnesiac
Pablo Honey

:kakapo:

Bubba
08-03-2012, 11:41 AM

This.

fire_of_avalon
08-04-2012, 12:16 AM
The Bends. But you already knew that.

Jinx
08-04-2012, 12:19 AM
OK Computer why are we even talking about this?

fire_of_avalon
08-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Because people like you continue to be wrong.

Jowy
08-04-2012, 12:23 AM
itt amnesiac is nobody's favourite

Shorty
08-05-2012, 12:19 AM
^ also Hail to the Thief. Nobody likes Hail to the Thief.

I like you.

I like you too, because you know what's what.

Jowy
08-05-2012, 12:31 AM
2+2=5 and Wolf at the Door are two of the GOAT Radiohead tracks though.

Shorty
08-05-2012, 12:35 AM
but I hate the rest of it :(

The Man
08-05-2012, 03:12 AM
HttT has some of the best individual Radiohead tracks but overall it's a pretty inconsistent album. Same with Amnesiac. Neither of them have many songs that are out-and-out bad but overall they're not on the same level as their best work.

Kid A is the best though; everyone who doesn't agree is wrong

charliepanayi
08-05-2012, 10:21 AM
I really like Hail to the Thief, it just needs a little trimming - I'd take out Backdrifts, The Gloaming and maybe Scatterbrain. But I think the album unfairly suffers from coming in between Kid A/Amnesiac and In Rainbows, which both made a big impact due to their sound and the 'suddenly coming out and pay what you want' business respectively.

I Took the Red Pill
08-05-2012, 11:15 AM
OK Computer then In Rainbows then Kid A

The Man
08-05-2012, 12:25 PM
I really like Hail to the Thief, it just needs a little trimming - I'd take out Backdrifts, The Gloaming and maybe Scatterbrain. But I think the album unfairly suffers from coming in between Kid A/Amnesiac and In Rainbows, which both made a big impact due to their sound and the 'suddenly coming out and pay what you want' business respectively.

Agreed on all counts, right down to what tracks I'd trim (although I'm not sure about Scatterbrain). Hail to the Thief is effectively a refinement of the experiments on Kid A and Amnesiac, which is fine. The album was quite clearly intended to sustain a consistent atmosphere from start to finish, and it succeeded marvellously at this. It contains several of Radiohead's best songs as well, particularly "2+2=5", "Sail to the Moon", "There There", and "The Wolf at the Door". It just suffers from not being a start-to-finish masterpiece like many of Radiohead's other releases.

I'd also say Amnesiac suffered from effectively being "more of the same" as Kid A - it is very similar in many respects. However, I wouldn't trim as much from it as from HttT - probably just "Pull/Pulk Revolving Doors" and the alternate version of "Morning Bell", which is decidedly inferior to the Kid A version in every aspect. "Knives Out" is somewhat inferior as well, but not enough to merit being trimmed.

By comparison, The Bends, OK Computer, Kid A, and In Rainbows don't have any fat to trim. Even the bonus disc for In Rainbows is solid from start to finish (ok, I guess those two brief, goofy ambient interludes are kind of iffy).

I'm still digesting The King of Limbs but it seems pretty solid as well, just not up to the standard of those four. That said, the four tracks they released later in 2011 are possibly better than most of the stuff on the album.

Mirage
08-05-2012, 12:41 PM
there's this album with one of those songs on

probably that one