PDA

View Full Version : Two For The Price of One

Pike
08-03-2012, 01:55 AM
Let's say you can combine two Final Fantasy games into one and get a new game that mixes the attributes of both. Which two would you mix?

Right off the bat I'm thinking of mixing the Tactics games (FFTA is my favorite) with FF1. I want to play through the silly little FF1 storyline but with dozens of character jobs instead of just the handful that they give you! "But Pike, wouldn't that just be FF3?" No, it would be FF3 but with EVEN MORE JOBS. And items and stuff. I really can't get enough of that sort of thing!

Alpha2099
08-03-2012, 04:02 AM
I think I'd like to take the unique skills from FF6 (things like SwdTech and Tools) and also take the Materia system from FF7. Don't know how much extra that would bring to gameplay, but those were each things I liked about those respective games.

Sephex
08-03-2012, 04:33 AM
I would take something like the Materia System in FFVII and combine it with an FFIV. Not literally FFIV, but an old school FF like that. I think it would be fun to have that kind of character customization in an earlier FF. I like jobs an all, but I like to pick and choose my abilities, spells, etc...

Jiro
08-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy Tactics. You had elements of those battles between two armies in Final Fantasy VI what with Locke + Moogles vs Narshe Guards, Returners vs Empire and probably another one which I can't place at this time. That would be wicked. Plus I love the gameplay of FFT.

Del Murder
08-03-2012, 06:02 PM
I will also say VI and Tactics for that reason. The cast is so huge that it would be great to have situations where you could put them all out on the field at once.

Pike
08-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Oooh, that VI + Tactics is a great idea.

Hollycat
08-03-2012, 06:24 PM
FFXII plus Crisis core.

You had to have seen this coming.

Gamblet
08-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Those mash-ups would not go well with the story I think.

Mercen-X
08-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Screw the story.

I say FF6 or X + X-2 (for customization system)... also Chrono Cross' Elements+Techs system.
Basically, I want my characters' looks to express their abilities because watching the same few idiots wearing month-old clothes adventure through active battles gets kind of :eep:. So either having changing outfits or access to more characters (all of whom level up simultaneously regardless of actual battle experience... I love that system!) = major plus.

Jowy
08-05-2012, 01:39 AM
really wish they'd recycle the chrono cross element system into another game...i loved the concept of allocating x ability to be used y times for z damage based on the slot.

Mercen-X
08-05-2012, 07:40 AM
I don't think the default should be one-time-use per battle though. Should depend on the power output imo.

Loony BoB
08-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Just two? :(

FFXIII-2's gameplay, FFVII's story/characters. Yes, please.

Alternatively, FFI's job system (ie, fixed jobs for the entire story, but selectable by user at start - replayability to extremes, that!) and FFVII's story/characters. That would actually be really neat. If there's one downside of FFVII it's that there are no real jobs outside of Aeris being a mage.

Finally, FFTA's job system with FFXI's MMO-quality. But FFXIV is getting to that stage slowly so I can't complain too much. :)

Arizona Lively
08-12-2012, 11:34 PM
I thin k there should be a final fantasy that features girls from sword girls.

The Man
08-12-2012, 11:38 PM
I'll go with VI and V because I'm too titty at strategy games to do well at Tactics. VI's graphics / story / character / soundtrack quality combined with V's battle system quality ftw.

Elpizo
08-18-2012, 01:47 AM
FF III and IX, mixing the fantasticness of III with IX's character-driven storytelling.

Iceglow
08-18-2012, 03:01 AM
mmm, the VI and Tactics is a great idea. I have to agree.

For me I wouldn't mind taking the story, world and graphics of XII and putting them to a more traditional gameplay formula, IX's would spring to mind immediately.

Alpha2099
08-18-2012, 03:23 AM
I think there should be a final fantasy that features girls from sword girls.
First, let me say I never thought I would find someone else who knew about Sword Girls. I tried beta testing that game, and it filled me with so much rage, more rage than I've ever experienced in a game.

Back on topic, that's a decent idea. While Sword Girls as a game is horrible, the girls themselves are cute.

Mercen-X
08-18-2012, 04:44 PM
I'll cop to also having played Sword Girls. I have a Facebook and that app popped up. The girls looked impressive. I don't really enjoy the "battle system." But I like seeing all the different cards. I have a bunch of card pics stored somewhere on my computer. I've never been so obsessed with cards. I don't bother collecting pics for other card games (I have one or two from YU-GI-OH!, Magic the Gathering, and some whose game names I've not heard). But I've got nearly all of them for Sword Girls. The only ones I don't collect are the cooking club and the few others... just not quite cool enough.

I would also like to some kind of game featuring those girls. Some game wherein I don't have to play by Card Rules... :eep:

escobert
08-18-2012, 04:58 PM
VII's world and system. But with the job classes of others.

Mercen-X
08-20-2012, 01:47 AM
VII or VIII with Dresspheres. :p

Raistlin
08-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy Tactics.

This was my immediate thought after reading the OP. You had a greater cast of playable characters in FFVI, with a world that is ripe for a serious, political plot from FFT. An FFVI with an FFT-style story and gameplay would be awesome.

Laddy
08-21-2012, 01:45 AM
FFVI and Tactics does indeed sound sexy. Have Tactics' battle system, but keep the plot and characters of VI. That sounds like a very intriguing game.

Madonna
08-21-2012, 04:50 AM
VI and Tactics sounds like the best combination, mostly because I am willing to have more games with Tactics's gameplay in different settings. The Opera House would be infinitely harder this time because now there would be stage directions and choreography.

More in the vein of Tactics, I would like to see Tactics Advance's Judge system placed in Final Fantasy IV. Cecil is a paladin, right? I think a code of conduct would have helped me believe that a little better. Besides, this game actually did have a similar kind of embargo when going to the Magnetic Cave. Talk about having to learn a workaround! Maybe Rosa could have been a Judge-in-training, to, I do not know, make her a little more useful. Pray could have been a rule switch command, while some enemies might have a similar command.