PDA

View Full Version : Screw Final Fantasy... Squenix please remake...

Wolf Kanno
08-06-2012, 08:28 AM
We always talk about FF remakes, but what about the rest of the Square and Enix library? Which titles would you like to see remade and why?

I think Xenogears is on the top of my list, partially because it's a phenomenal game but also because it really needs a remake whereas other games I can think of are actually pretty solid as they are. I can't really think of anyway a remake could improve Chrono Trigger for instance. Crono Cross is another close contender but then I realized it probably wouldn't get the changes I wanted.

Pike
08-06-2012, 10:13 AM
I'd say Super Mario RPG but I really don't want a remake. Just a true sequel.

Spooniest
08-06-2012, 01:44 PM
A remake of Secret of Mana that includes everything cut from the game's planning stages, when it was supposed to be a CD game on the Nintendo Playstation.

Alpha2099
08-06-2012, 03:30 PM
How about a remake of Vagrant Story that actually makes the game fun to play? Maybe like doing something to make the combos more manageable, and putting in other elements so that it doesn't devolve into "Block Puzzle: The Game".

Wolf Kanno
08-06-2012, 04:20 PM
^ You are talking crazy. Vagrant Story is nothing but awesomesause.

Del Murder
08-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Yeah VS doesn't need to be remade. A sequel would be sweet though!

I agree with Wolf that Xenogears could benefit from a remake. Maybe actually flesh out the last third of the story this time.

Alpha2099
08-06-2012, 05:30 PM
You are talking crazy. Vagrant Story is nothing but awesomesauce.
Then I must be the only person in the world who didn't like Vagrant Story. Well, one of two people; a friend of mine came up with that "Block Puzzle: The Game" quip.

Jowy
08-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Just give me an actual Disc 2 of Xenogears and none of that "sitting in a chair while Fei and Elly whine about everything" bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Gimme Zweihander and Bushido Blade HD please.

Spooniest
08-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Bushido Blade HD please.

ShinGundam
08-06-2012, 07:03 PM
I want rerelease of Japanese home computer games and remake of Blassty a science fiction RPG. I couldn't play it due emulation problems.

Or just release a new Sci fi RPG with a lot of mechas.

Wolf Kanno
08-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Then I must be the only person in the world who didn't like Vagrant Story. Well, one of two people; a friend of mine came up with that "Block Puzzle: The Game" quip.

Yes, you and your friend are alone in not understanding the greatness of Vagrant Story.

Mercen-X
08-07-2012, 05:04 PM
I will vote in Chrono Trigger just to piss y'alls off. Plus watching the characters slide sideways across the screen while walking (because there's no diagonal animation) is just weird. I hella don't find that sh$ nostalgic. Also I have to actually play my PlayStation version on my slow-assed PlayStation (lucky I still own it) because the PlayStation is just a port from the SNES. In this way, a PlayStation game which is already only half-compatible with its successor is even less compatible. Therefore, Chrono Trigger needs to be remade just so I can play a game without having to wait a half hour for a single battle to BEGIN!
I haven't found a copy of the DS version, so I don't know if the dual-screen solved the 15-minute waiting period for opening a g*dd**n'd menu.

Vagrant Story needs a remake or at least a port. PlayStation memory cards are too small when Vagrant Story takes up 3 frickin' blocks per save. Add SaGa Frontier to that mess and any other game whose save data took more than a single block on a memory card. At least I don't have to buy 12 memory cards for the PS2/3 just to play some of the better RPGs out there.

Threads of Fate needs a remake... trying for a more mature theme, but let's not go overboard. We've seen the results of trying TOO hard.

Final Fantasy I&2 were first ported to the PlayStation then semi-HD'd for the PSP. Star Ocean First Departure and Second Evolution got the same makeover for the PSP, but I target the titles for PS3/360 remake status.

I for one, loved Guardian Crusade. But... remake.

Del Murder
08-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Vagrant Story was released on PSN a while back so memory card space should not be an issue. I never played VS until this year, and I loved it, so that should show how well this game has aged. Really the only thing that you can upgrade are the graphics and perhaps assign some hotkeys to quickly change your equipment.

ToF doesn't need a remake either! Another Square classic that I did not play until this year and found nothing dated about it. The graphics are perfect for this game and could not be any better. Also the somewhat simple gameplay should not be tweaked because it would take away from the light-hearted nature of the story.

The Man
08-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Agreed with Xenogears and Chrono Cross. Chrono Cross has the same major problem as Xenogears - far too much important plot is revealed through exposition at the end of the game rather than being revealed naturally through gameplay.

Also agreed with Secret of Mana being re-released with restorations of all the sections that were originally cut out.

Other than that I can't think of anything that desperately needs a remake but Square Enix really need to release Seiken Densetsu 3 outside of Japan.

Mercen-X
08-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Damn-ed! I really need a PS3 so I can finally exploit this PSN everyone around me seems to be in on.

You know, I didn't think much about the timing of the revelations of Chrono Cross. It does seem like most of the game really is just a game as the characters are just kind of wandering about with little to no purpose.

Depression Moon
08-08-2012, 03:16 AM
GIVE ME A THREADS OF FATE SEQUEL ALREADY!

escobert
08-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Yes I want more Bushido Blade. That game was awesome.

Jessweeee♪
08-09-2012, 04:26 PM
It would be cool if Threads of Fate got the HD treatment rather than be remade :3

GIVE ME A THREADS OF FATE SEQUEL ALREADY!

I want to be Mint and rule the world :(

maybee
08-10-2012, 09:27 AM
I vote for Chrono Trigger ! That game is nothing but epic !

escobert
08-11-2012, 12:41 AM
Bushido Blade's multiplayer was so fun. 1vs1 combat whoever hit the opponent first wins was so much fun. this game needs to be redone with better graphics!

Mercen-X
08-11-2012, 06:02 AM
In BB2, my favorite characters dual-wielded blades or could throw impalers. I got so close to unlocking the gun-toters but just couldn't pull it off. Ignoring weapon types, I liked Tatsumi & Highwayman (Black Lotus) most.

sabin101
08-11-2012, 04:41 PM
I would love to see Seiken Densetsu 3 on the 3ds. I would love that ah that would be bliss. My idea would be this have a double pack with secret of mana and Seiken Densetsu 3 together oh we can all dream. I would really love a sequel to chrono saga that would be nice but do I think square would actually do it not really. I don't think they really care. If they cared so much they would have made another game a long time ago. I am not holding my breath at all. We will see if it ever happens but I highly doubt it.

ReloadPsi
08-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Rad Racer.

milliegoesbeep
08-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Alundra >.>

Loony BoB
08-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Xenogears. Or at least, release it in the UK. So I can actually play it.

I'd second Alundra, but it's not Square nor Enix, so I don't think it counts for this thread. But I still enjoyed the game loads, so yeah.

Mercen-X
08-15-2012, 04:05 PM
I haven't been able to find Xenogears either. Except maybe on Amazon.com but I don't really trust sales online from people who could be shipping me a box with moldy cheese in it. Not that I'd mind the cheese. Cut the mold off and it's the best thing, but I'd be really disappointed not to get my game. And honestly, how much are we really willing to pay for cheese?

DMKA
08-17-2012, 12:31 AM
I would love a remake of E.V.O.: Search for Eden, personally.

Iceglow
08-18-2012, 02:35 AM
I know they did a new Front Mission game. However it wasn't Front Mission how I like Front Mission. Evolved was way too Mechwarrior. I want Front Mission like in Front Mission 3. I'd definitely buy a Front Mission 3 remake, maybe take some of the charming art sprites out and give me an enhanced 3D environment to explore in between missions. So you walk in to the bar and there's really a soft jazz pianist in the corner singing and these people you can talk to. The hacking was essential so if they dropped that out or changed it for something like ME2/3 hacking I'd be bitterly disappointed.

I would also love to see a hd remake of Vagrant Story, the game looked amazing on the ps1, it totally pushed that consoles limits. I'd love to see it pushing the limits on a 360 or PS3, maybe add in a better tutorial about materials/affinity and weapon/armour making because god knows, I did not get that at all for like the first 20 attempts at what is still in my eyes the hardest game I ever played.

escobert
08-18-2012, 05:10 PM
I think in the regards to VS, they should do a squeal not a remake.

DarkBahamut
08-19-2012, 04:49 AM
I'm replaying this amazing game on the PS3 currently, and I still DEEPLY HATE how they rushed Xenogears because of FF8.

Shorty
08-19-2012, 04:57 AM
Yes I want more Bushido Blade. That game was awesome.

I played this sooo long ago and didn't get incredibly far but I loved it! I'm in the processing of hunting it down so I can try again. :love:

Raistlin
08-20-2012, 04:52 AM
Vagrant Story, if only so I'll finally get around to playing it. :p

Edge7
08-23-2012, 07:37 AM
Make a Parasite Eve sequel that actually makes sense and sticks to the gameplay of the original.

Also, I'd agree with Vagrant Story and Xenogears.

Iceglow
08-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Fuck it remake Parasite Eve 1 and 2 and release both in the UK! We only ever got Parasite Eve 2!

Mercen-X
08-24-2012, 05:22 AM
I've only ever finished PE2. Was it easier than the first? I only recently purchased the first. I only ever rented the second.

Quindiana Jones
08-29-2012, 12:26 AM
You know in FFIX, that cutscene in which Zidane races through the Iifa Tree to rescue someone? Yeah, I want FFIX remade just to have that made into a proper cutscene. Nothing else changed, just have that one scene rendered properly.

Laddy
08-29-2012, 07:02 AM
Crono Cross could do with a re-release at least.

Also, Mana games.

Mercen-X
08-29-2012, 06:28 PM
You know in FFIX, that cutscene in which Zidane races through the Iifa Tree to rescue someone? Yeah, I want FFIX remade just to have that made into a proper cutscene. Nothing else changed, just have that one scene rendered properly.I'm confused. What did you want? I'm pretty sure that scene was an FMV.

Jowy
08-30-2012, 04:53 PM
I would love a remake of E.V.O.: Search for Eden, personally.

can i buy some pot off of you

that was the strangest SNES RPG ever made

krissy
08-31-2012, 08:07 AM
Crono Cross could do with a re-release at least.

isn't it on psn

sabin101
08-31-2012, 03:01 PM
Yes krissy chrono cross is on the psn. Not sure about the price though.

Quindiana Jones
09-01-2012, 10:24 AM
You know in FFIX, that cutscene in which Zidane races through the Iifa Tree to rescue someone? Yeah, I want FFIX remade just to have that made into a proper cutscene. Nothing else changed, just have that one scene rendered properly.I'm confused. What did you want? I'm pretty sure that scene was an FMV.

It should've been, that's my point! But Zidane was all in-game graphicy through the whole thing. It's bloody irritating.

Wolf Kanno
09-02-2012, 06:49 AM
^ You seem to have missed the part of this thread where I said this is about non-FF games. :p

Quindiana Jones
09-02-2012, 11:14 AM

You are correct.

Mercen-X
09-04-2012, 06:36 AM
List from the masses thus far:

Xenogears
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Super Mario RPG
Secret of Mana
Vagrant Story
SaGa Frontier
Threads of Fate
Star Ocean First/Second
Guardian Crusade
Bushido Blade
Alundra
E.V.O.: Search for Eden
Front Mission
Parasite Eve 1/2

Roogle
09-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Rad Racer.

Rad Racer had some great music! I think it is a classic example of an early racing game.

I am strongly partial to SaGa Frontier and SaGa Frontier 2. I normally dislike non-linear gameplay, but SaGa Frontier had a lot of unused content.

SaGa Frontier 2, on the other hand, still remains a beautiful game with only a bit of unused content, but I would love to take another look at the world or see some additional content about it.

Chrono Cross and Xenogears are games that would benefit from a remake of some kind, too. I wonder if Xenogears could be done as they would need to get the original writers to form a cohesive narrative.

ReloadPsi
09-06-2012, 12:13 AM

It should've been, that's my point! But Zidane was all in-game graphicy through the whole thing. It's bloody irritating.

This is what I think of that entire scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQVlVHsFF8

I'm not even joking. It looks like that.

Polnareff
09-09-2012, 04:16 AM

You're not. I can't stand the game. I find it really tedious.

VeloZer0
09-09-2012, 07:35 AM
I can't say I was all that enthralled with VS either. The setting and story was really cool but the gameplay lost interest fairly quickly.