PDA

View Full Version : Fashion You Don't Understand

Pages : [1] 2

Shiny
08-08-2012, 12:45 AM
What is about the current fashion or previous fashion trends that you just don't get, or don't like?

For me, it would have to be socks with sandals. It's confusing to me cuz if your feet are cold enough to wear socks, then why put on sandals? Also it just looks plain ghetto.

Also another thing happening to be trendy recently is denim button up shirts. I don't understand why this came back, but it needs to go especially the guys who wear denim shirt with denim jeans. And you look stupid with red jeans.Most people cannot put this look off, so they're better off not being a follower. Flannel and plaid shirts will always be superior to this anyway.

Jinx
08-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Girls who wear leggings instead of pants. What the fuck? Just put on a pair of fucking pants. It doesn't even look sexy or slutty. It just looks retarded. Like, literally retarded. Like you are a retarded human being who doesn't know what the fuck pants are.

Crocs, what the fuck.

Peep toe heels, what the fuck. Peep toe shoes in general, really.

Tigmafuzz
08-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Most anything anyone wears that isn't practical in any way.

Especially anything that covers your legs that doesn't have pockets. I don't care if it makes your legs look fat in that particular spot because you like wearing tight pants and the pocket makes lines or whatever the fuck. Wear something with fucking pockets.

Sephex
08-08-2012, 01:56 AM
UGG boots still bother me. Ugh!

Jowy
08-08-2012, 02:07 AM
I'm in my own "argyle socks and moccassins are cool" world. Sometimes I wear a fedora with a button up and dress pants. I think I look rad.

Pheesh
08-08-2012, 02:19 AM
What's with the thick rimmed hipster glasses? I woke up one day and everybody was wearing them :/

Tigmafuzz
08-08-2012, 02:23 AM
What's with the thick rimmed hipster glasses? I woke up one day and everybody was wearing them :/

To be fair, not everyone with bad eyes who decides they want thick rimmed glasses instead of thin frames is a hipster. And some people have to wear thick rimmed glasses because they weren't offered a choice :(

Faris
08-08-2012, 02:53 AM
Girls who wear leggings instead of pants. What the smurf? Just put on a pair of smurfing pants.

This, and it does look slutty because you can typically see their underwear or lack of. Leggings only work when you're wearing a top that goes to your thighs.

Guys need to pull their pants up. Please.

Jiro
08-08-2012, 02:56 AM
Leggings are not pants. If you're fit, I will make an exception for you, but there are fat birds everywhere wearing them and goddamn it is disgusting. Everybody should wear real pants, problem solved. Socks and sandals is much the same as socks and jandals - do not do this under any circumstance. It's a crime in Australia and it should be elsewhere. Crocs are a blight upon this world. I don't care what their intended purpose is, bury them, they are a disgrace to the term croc which is meant to inspire fear, not disgust. Wearing tiny shorts where the pockets hang out the bottom is also idiotic. They're not functional and you highlight the fact your shorts are too small. Get some real smurfing pants. Jeans hanging off your ass is not swag, it's not even borderline acceptable. Wear your pants like a real person. If your jeans keep falling down then you have three options: a) buy a smurfing belt; b) buy smaller jeans; c) grow a set to help pad it out a bit, smurfing wankers. I can deal with the hipster glasses but this other tit is unsmurfingacceptable.

CimminyCricket
08-08-2012, 02:56 AM
Guys need to pull their pants up. Please.

I do not think this could be any more true. The only time it would be okay to let your pants hang below your ass is if you thought you were going to fart, but you crapped instead and you don't want the poo to reach your pants.

Jowy
08-08-2012, 03:09 AM
Yoga pants are sweet. Thank you, ladies.

Pheesh
08-08-2012, 03:17 AM
Leggings are fine as long as a girl with a good body is wearing them. Unfortunately a lot of their fat friends follow suit, so they're kinda tainted.

Citizen Bleys
08-08-2012, 03:37 AM
Especially anything that covers your legs that doesn't have pockets. I don't care if it makes your legs look fat in that particular spot because you like wearing tight pants and the pocket makes lines or whatever the fuck. Wear something with fucking pockets.

A sporran is a pocket of sorts...

Laddy
08-08-2012, 03:49 AM
Don't wear a t-shirt for a band you don't listen to.

Shiny
08-08-2012, 04:36 AM
Girls who wear leggings instead of pants. What the smurf? Just put on a pair of smurfing pants. It doesn't even look sexy or slutty. It just looks retarded. Like, literally retarded. Like you are a retarded human being who doesn't know what the smurf pants are.

Crocs, what the smurf.

Peep toe heels, what the smurf. Peep toe shoes in general, really.
Yeah, I don't get the jeggings as pants thing either. It's especially grotty when the leggings are white. I will wear leggings if it's too cold for stockings but only with a sweater dress. Pretty sure they're meant to be used more as thick stockings than pants. :erm:

Also don't like crocs, but I like the way they feel. Would still never be caught dead wearing them, but I absolutely am okay with certain people wearing them because they make good shoes for people who stand on their feet all day like my hair stylist.

fire_of_avalon
08-08-2012, 04:44 AM
I am going to wear all of these hated fashions at once and I am going to be sooooo fat while doing it.

Shlup
08-08-2012, 05:56 AM
Socks with sandals is a thing? I really hope you're full of it.

I don't get pretty much anything except for jeans and T-shirts.

Bunny
08-08-2012, 06:33 AM
All of it.

I do not stand any current or past fashion trend.

I do not understand fashion at all.

I wear jeans and t-shirts.

Tigmafuzz
08-08-2012, 07:13 AM
Don't wear a t-shirt for a band you don't listen to.

This. So much.

"Hey, what's your favorite Kreator album?"

"...Kreator? What's that?"

>is wearing a Kreator shirt

Quindiana Jones
08-08-2012, 07:15 AM
Echoing the jegging/legging blight hate here. Just FUCK. OFF. I've got no problem with what people wear unless it negatively affects EVERYONE AND THING around them. I reject that hot girls can pull off leggings as pants, too. NO.

God damn, I hate people who wear that shit.

NorthernChaosGod
08-08-2012, 07:25 AM
I'm all for hot girls wearing leggings as pants. It let's me stare at their ass even better.

Quindiana Jones
08-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Any hotness or firmness is immediately counteracted by the application of leggings.

blackmage_nuke
08-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Pointy shoes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5RsGKfFLJE&feature=channel&list=UL) and Pre-ripped jeans (http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6798538/the-jeggings-gang-gets-pre-torn-jeans)

Bubba
08-08-2012, 10:10 AM
People should be allowed to wear whatever clothes they deem appropriate.

I only say this to justify the fact that I used to own a shell suit.

In my defence...erm... nope, I've got nothing.

NorthernChaosGod
08-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Any hotness or firmness is immediately counteracted by the application of leggings.

Maybe you just see a lot of ugly chicks.

Criminally Vulgar
08-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Who'd have thought - sexism on the internet!

Nothing really bothers me because a world full of people in jeans and ts would be boring. If a fat woman wants to wear leggings then more power to her.

Dragon Ash
08-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Who'd have thought - sexism on the internet!

Nothing really bothers me because a world full of people in jeans and ts would be boring. If a fat woman wants to wear leggings then more power to her.

You're one of them, aren't you? :p

Cuchulainn
08-08-2012, 11:23 AM
I seen a few english fellas wearing chinos up their ankles and boating shoes with no socks. I wanted to cut their faces.

smurf fashion trends. I buy what I like the look of, i dont look at the next man and follow him.

smurfin Sheep.

PS: Black leggings onm a hot female body can look damn fine.

Rianoa
08-08-2012, 11:43 AM
For me is has to be the riding jacket style coats, to me they look like an old fashioned quilt and they're the only coats sold in stores... So I go without a coat.

Rantz
08-08-2012, 11:49 AM
I uh... I don't really pay attention to what people are wearing, unless it makes them look x-tra gr8. So I'm not bothered by things people wear?

Shauna
08-08-2012, 11:59 AM
When I go to clothes shops, I understand little of what is going on with the styles. :| Don't care what people wear otherwise, and people can wear what they please. As long as I can continue not really caring about what clothes I put on. :3

escobert
08-08-2012, 02:59 PM
I don't understand skinny jeans. Or anything teenagers wear.

Jessweeee♪
08-08-2012, 03:57 PM
I think leggings as pants is okay when you've got this thing that you aren't sure the designer meant to be a really short dress or a really long top. Now it's definitely a dress and you're wearing cute leggings with it.

Iceglow
08-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Leggings on a hot woman are perfectly acceptable by me. It just means that under the kind of lighting they tend to use in underground stations and many shops including my own work place they tend to go see-through from around 30ft away and closer. This means I can generally pick out the woman's underwear... I don't know many red blooded males who complain bout seeing a sexually attractive woman in her undies.

I don't get meggings or male leggings wtf did I warp back in time to the 1400s? No so get these abominations out of here! Also whilst I get that UGG boots started life as farmers footwear in AUS and NZ for sheep herders on cold winter days, Stacey from round the corner in Streatham has likely never seen a sheep up close in her fucking life. So why the fuck does she feel the need to wear UGGs? I've seen literally like one woman in the history of UGG boots make them look sexy... that was the model in the picture on the official UGG advert... the combination of thigh high UGG high heeled boots and a very short skirt/shorts saved her from being completely ruined that and yes it is important in my eyes her face was simply one of the most beautiful faces I've ever seen.

Crocs can go to fuck...

As can the arse bandito style of jean wearing, it's not even comfortable I swear, I actually tested this and it's the most uncomfortable fashion ever. Even without a belt, in fact without my belt my jeans simply fell off. I'm not sure what makes this worse that my jeans I wore came with a belt what refuses to stay closed if around my waist/hips as it should be or that the belt actually stays closed the minute I swap the seating of my jeans from where it should be to low-riding like I'm cruising Wimbledon Common hoping to find George Michaels in the bushes at 3am.

I'm also equally disturbed by this thing of ultra skinny guys who have neither the normal minimum required body fat or any muscle deciding to go around in skinny jeans and muscle tops. Seriously what the fuck, you're seriously wearing a fucking wife beater and skinny jeans? With your cotton suit shoe socks striped in purple and red and moccasins? Get fucking real! If you're going to wear a wife beater, or a T-shirt with the sleeves cut completely off so the sides hang open from shoulder to waist and you're male then 1) actually have some muscles to show, not arms which I've seen more meat on a rack of bbq ribs I own a wife beater/tank top vest. I'm not one for wearing it much in public or out unless it's gloriously sunny and I have nothing better to do than sit over the common and soak up the rays but at least when I do wear it I know I can tense my arms or flex them a little and show some fucking muscles. 2) Don't wear them with skinny jeans, a man should never wear skinny jeans. I read an article in a newspaper where scientists and doctors claim that skinny jeans on blokes is actually a major health risk and commonly cause all kinds of issues such as twisted testicles. Thats right ladies and gents, skinny girly jeans on a bloke can twist his ball sack internally and put the dude in the hospital to have them painfully and embarrassingly untwisted. WHAT THE FUCK!? I'm proud to say the closest thing to skinny jeans I have ever or will ever own is a pair of Levi 501 jeans what happened to come to me when I was in college and weighed 8.3 stone. Even those weren't as tight as the skinny jeans you see today. What's more guys with some muscle or fat need to just say no to skinny jeans because that shit looks fucking retarded. Full on fucking retard mode.

Living in London and owning and wearing a pair of cowboy boots often gets me some curious looks. It's not like my Sanchos are even a real obvious cowboy boot, with a square cut toe, black leather without stitching and only some straps over the tops and round the back it's only really the sole and heel what gives them away. I'm sorry wearing a pair of cowboy boots gets me weird looks but wearing a pair of skin tight jeans that don't even cover my full leg and muscle tops I've got no right to wear would be perfectly ok? Get fucked fashion.

Criminally Vulgar
08-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Living in London and owning and wearing a pair of cowboy boots often gets me some curious looks.
Yeah, try Brighton.

Clo
08-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Why in the world did women start liking pole-skinny men who wear flannel and thick-rimmed glasses? These men look like pussies. I want to beat all of them up.

fire_of_avalon
08-08-2012, 04:36 PM
ITT: Everybody is judgmental and hot, apparently. Well I'm going to go put on my catwoman suit and go to the grocery store because that's what super fucking hot people do.

Jeans and tshirt girl here. Sometimes jeans and tank tops, if it's hot. And when it's cold, there are sweaters. Yeah, I'm hip.

Shorty
08-08-2012, 04:48 PM
I've never understood skinny jeans, but I don't like them. I'm okay with leggings and black yoga pants and stuff as long as they aren't... too too tight, I guess. Crocs must go. Sandals over socks must go. Girl pants with writing or swirlies or studs on the ass must go, whether they are jeans or track pants or whatever. Gladiator sandals must go. Most high-waisted jeans or pants, unless you've got a pinup thing going on.

People who wear gold anything, ever, at all. Gold in fashion is terrible.

Clo
08-08-2012, 05:04 PM
^

Yes! So many girls have been wearing high-waisted jeans and shorts and skirts around here! I think it looks silly.

Jowy
08-08-2012, 05:30 PM
mom jeans aren't sexy at all :(

Sephex
08-08-2012, 06:01 PM
I am sick of people referring to anything appearance wise as "swag." That said, this pic still made me laugh.

http://i.imgur.com/Rgw2I.png

Jinx
08-08-2012, 06:25 PM
People should be allowed to wear whatever clothes they deem appropriate.

I only say this to justify the fact that I used to own a shell suit.

In my defence...erm... nope, I've got nothing.

IlyDanny<3

Jessweeee♪
08-08-2012, 06:43 PM
I really don't think uggs are bad looking. But I would think that material isn't so great when it gets wet. It looks like it would smell funny.

You guys are all a little weird I think.

Clo
08-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Well, that goes without saying.

escobert
08-08-2012, 10:08 PM
uggs ae horrible but crocs are just stupid looking.

Breine
08-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Skinny jeans are pretty much all I wear on my skinny legs, and I think denim button up shirts are rather neat. There I said it.

Thing I don't get, though, would be white jeans.

Jiro
08-08-2012, 11:53 PM
I own a pair of white jeans purely for the occasions where there are black lights. Do you know how awesome that tit is? I'll wear them when I go to the Mediterranean or something. Uggs are alright but the women I see just wear them with yoga pants and so we're brought back to the whole leggings thing again. Sure I like seeing hot chicks as well but there are some things that just shouldn't be done. Wearing long tops or short dresses with it is fine, I encourage this in fact, but wearing them as pants is NOT ON. Not on spelt backwards is also NOT ON.

I've seen guys wearing those really loose, large fitting muscle sort of shirts. They're so fucking big that you can see the entirety of everything anyway. I don't care if we live on the sunshine coast and go to the university of the sunshine coast with the beach right fucking there you do not do this.

Wearing jeans and jandals is a stereotypical qld thing to do but it just reeks of bogan if you ask me. If you're cold enough to wear jeans, wear real fucking shoes.

escobert
08-09-2012, 02:54 AM
Wearing jeans and jandals is a stereotypical qld thing to do but it just reeks of bogan if you ask me. If you're cold enough to wear jeans, wear real fucking shoes.

Or just wear shoes all the time! men shouldn't wear sandals!

Tigmafuzz
08-09-2012, 04:57 AM
mom jeans aren't sexy at all :(

...So? At least they have fucking pockets.

Pheesh
08-09-2012, 05:36 AM
I uh... I don't really pay attention to what people are wearing, unless it makes them look x-tra gr8. So I'm not bothered by things people wear?

If you don't look at all the horrible things people wear then how do you make yourself feel better about yourself? :confused:

Marshall Banana
08-09-2012, 05:43 AM
I came here to defend my baby pink Uggs! They look adorable with gray leggings or legwarmers + a skirt and sweater.

Freya
08-09-2012, 05:52 AM
Why people cut the sleeves off of.shirts but then can't stop cutting that hole so it ends up only connected by like a thread practically. It's like they wanted a poncho but chickened out at the last minute. I get this, or well am more understanding of it when at a gym or something workout related but just around in public? Wth?!

Also pajama pants out in public places. Stop being lazy. Sure its okay if you just hopped in the car real quick to go to the corner store for milk or whatever but a full day of shopping in your pj pants? Wth? Get out of my store/mall/restaurant/public place. Go home.

Quindiana Jones
08-09-2012, 05:52 AM
MB, you could make a suit of armour look adorable.

Jiro
08-09-2012, 08:14 AM
Nah people rock up to USC in flannel pajamas all the time. It's awesome.

Shiny
08-09-2012, 08:18 AM
Living in London and owning and wearing a pair of cowboy boots often gets me some curious looks.
Especially when they're women's cowboy boots.

Skinny jeans are pretty much all I wear on my skinny legs, and I think denim button up shirts are rather neat. There I said it.

You're one of those people that manage to pull both off. For you, I will make an exception to the denim shirt, but still cringe when I see people wearing blue denim jeans with a blue denim shirt. I just can't not even.

Jiro
08-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Breine is a sex god, he can wear whatever he wants and look good. :breine:

Quindiana Jones
08-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Breine can pretty much wear what he likes, safe in the knowledge that everybody is going to be imagining him naked anyway.

Miriel
08-09-2012, 08:29 AM
What is with the leggings hate? Leggings are smurfing awesome. Why? Because they're so god damn crazy comfortable. They're the best things to come back into fashion in foreverrrr. I either always wear leggings or a dress because pants are the smurfing worst. smurfing pants.

Reasons to love leggings:

Super comfort!
Cheap cheap cheap
Protects you from unintentionally flashing your undies when worn under a dress/skirt
Makes boots look extra good on you

I do agree though that leggings should always be worn with a longer top or under a skirt or dress. None of that camel toe business.

Shiny
08-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Leggings are not itchy like stockings so I love them. Jeggings are comfy, but I feel weird wearing them especially because they don't have real pockets...wtf is up with that?

Another fashion trend that confuses me: fake pockets.

Jiro
08-09-2012, 08:42 AM
What is with the leggings hate? Leggings are smurfing awesome. Why? Because they're so god damn crazy comfortable. They're the best things to come back into fashion in foreverrrr. I either always wear leggings or a dress because pants are the smurfing worst. smurfing pants.

Leggings are fine. Wear leggings. Just don't wear them as pants. Wear them with a dress or something. Leggings are not a substitute for pants.

Quindiana Jones
08-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I should clarify my position on that two. Leggings are awesome. Camel toe and arse spelunking are not. Keep your fannies covered, ladies!

Miriel
08-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Leggings are fine. Wear leggings. Just don't wear them as pants. Wear them with a dress or something. Leggings are not a substitute for pants.

I mean, sometimes yeah, it can look really bad. But a lot of times, OF COURSE you can substitute leggings for pants.

http://media-cache-ec5.pinterest.com/upload/236720524134001505_PkcKMRvF_c.jpg

I also love uggs. Comfort ftw, yo.

Zeldy
08-09-2012, 11:01 AM
I have a pair of leggings, they're really cool though, they're striped black and white and make me look like Beetlejuice. I ruined them at a metal festival festival though, they got covered in sludge. I'd always wear a long top or skirt with it though, nothing worse than a camel-toe! See? https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/561141_10151420415375597_1902004984_n.jpg

I don't understand girls who before a night out go out into the public with hair rollers in their hair..

Oh and the fashion fad that started in Liverpool, the scouse brows, where girls paint on ridiculous eyebrows. Such as this

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1ggkWQ9Pax0/UBV29L4R95I/AAAAAAAATpI/kDJNAlwe2kg/s1600/Last%2BRoll%2B-%2B143.jpg

They get alot worse than that, too..

Quindiana Jones
08-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Someone I worked with had eyebrow tattoos and would shave her actual eyebrows. Proper creepy.

Jowy
08-09-2012, 12:59 PM
so wait uh

are the fake pockets just like sewn shut in every possible way? I mean, I've honestly never seen a lady actually USE her pants pocket at any point, but that seems a little odd.

Jessweeee♪
08-09-2012, 03:40 PM
I fucking hate fake pockets. And like 80% of the time they could be an actual pocket without affecting how the outfit looks. I mean for fuck's sake at least give me a teensy one that I can use for like a tampon or something.

escobert
08-09-2012, 03:45 PM
I once knew a girl who shaved her eyebrows off and draw them on everyday. We asked her why she did it and her answer was that she once fell on a skateboard and it took her eyebrows off. why not just say because I think this looks better? if she's ashamed or embarrassed by it then why do it!?

Jinx
08-09-2012, 04:11 PM

This.

Shorty
08-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Also pajama pants out in public places. Stop being lazy. Sure its okay if you just hopped in the car real quick to go to the corner store for milk or whatever but a full day of shopping in your pj pants? Wth? Get out of my store/mall/restaurant/public place. Go home.

I will wear pajama pants wherever I please. :colbert:

Something else I thought of. Tank tops on men. I... I'm just not down with it. Sorry, guys.

Jessweeee♪
08-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Hahaha whenever my ex boyfriend and I went to Wal-Mart he would go in these camo pajamas and house shoes. It was so adorably People of Walmart.

http://www.menshouseshoes.com/images/mens-house-shoes-3.jpg

Pike
08-09-2012, 06:51 PM
I don't understand the need to own more than one pair of shoes. I have worn these:

http://www.payless.com/images/700x700/085534_4_700x700.jpg

Every day for the past ten years and they have never failed me. Why would I need any other pair?

(I should note that I buy a new pair of them every three years or so. Always the exact same kind, though.)

I don't get jewelry either. I mean mechanical watches are sexy marvels of engineering so I understand that, but rings and bracelets and crap just get in the way.

Hair pieces. I also don't understand those. Headbands and scrunchies and crap. I mean they were cute when I was in kindergarten and had barrettes shaped like butterflies or whatever, but yeah, I was freaking five. Just chop your hair off at the chin and you're permanently good to go.

I mean, I've honestly never seen a lady actually USE her pants pocket at any point.

My wallet goes in there! And also my box knife when I'm at work.

Shorty
08-09-2012, 07:05 PM
I have different pairs of shoes for different reasons. Heels and flats for work, depending on how I'm feeling. Flip flops to go with my PAJAMA PANTS THAT I WEAR IN PUBLIC, converse because they're awesome and tennis shoes for running/softball/etc.

I may or may not also have seven or so other pairs of heels that I love but don't wear because they're so beautiful and I don't want to ruin them.

Pike
08-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Well I have one reason for needing shoes and that is walking from point A to point B. So I only need one pair of shoes! :bigsmile:

Peegee
08-09-2012, 07:29 PM
@baloki

supposedly if you buy a really good pair of shoes they will last you enough that you save money compared to buying a pair of shoe that lasts 3 years.

usually my shoes last about 2 years.

Jessweeee♪
08-09-2012, 07:45 PM
I NEED two pairs of shoes. Sandals for everyday wear and for the beach (I live on the Texas coast yo, it's hot and sandy), and tennis shoes for days when I need something more comfortable or durable. I like to have like fourish. Pretty and comfortable sandals for most days, crap sandals/flip flops for the beach, tennis shoes, and a good sturdy (but pretty) pair of boots. Currently lacking on the boot department, but since I work someplace where I can't wear them five days out of the week I may not buy any.

Miriel
08-09-2012, 07:55 PM
What if you're going to the beach? You don't have sandals for that? :o

I have like 15 different pairs of shoes, and I'm not even a shoe person. I think just the basics you need:

Sandals
Casual sneakers
Work shoes (which for me, means something like this (http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Cole-Haan-Air-Bria-Mary-Jane-Black-thin-mary-jane/prod118720024___/?icid=&searchType=MAIN&rte=%252Fsearch.jsp%253FN%253D0%2526Ntt%253Dthin%252Bmary%252Bjane&eItemId=prod118720024&cmCat=search))
Boots

I Took the Red Pill
08-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Don't wear leggings if you can't pull them off. I seriously cannot recall a single female wearing leggings who cannot pull them off. Perhaps that's because I ignore them if they don't look good, but straight up, if you have sexy legs, leggings are amazing. Stop being jealous.

Now Uggz; Uggz you can complain about. They look like shit and I mostly see them as an ironic "oh-look-at-me-wearing-eskimo-boots-in-the-summer" sort of rebellion BS thing. Luckily they seem to be dying out, at least compared to like 2010.

Pike
08-09-2012, 07:59 PM
What if you're going to the beach? You don't have sandals for that? :o

I go to the beach maybe once every ten years. Last time I went I wore some $5 shoes from Walmart for that express purpose and then they got filled with sand so I quit wearing them after that. Actually I think that's the last time I bought shoes that weren't just "work shoes".

I dunno, I just don't get it. My work shoes are comfy and versatile and they look decent so why not just wear them everywhere? So I do!

Madame Adequate
08-09-2012, 08:05 PM
I actually have more pairs of footwear than my girlfriend! I've got TWO pairs of shoes!

Yeah I don't care fashion I just wear comfy things. I don't judge people who do care, different strokes and all, but I think we can label pretty much the whole realm under things I don't understand xD

Also, what deranged mind voluntarily goes to the beach?

Pike
08-09-2012, 08:07 PM

I didn't, I was dragged there. I spent most of the time running away from these little white butterfly things.

Madame Adequate
08-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Nah I was directing that at Miriel. xD

krissy
08-09-2012, 09:07 PM

http://followfrisby.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/leonardo-di-caprio-3.jpg

Jessweeee♪
08-09-2012, 09:22 PM
The beach can be fun when you're not forced to be there for longer than you want to be or with people you don't like. And don't have sex on it no matter how cool it sounds. Make a bonfire, get wasted, and make s'mores!

~*~Celes~*~
08-09-2012, 10:13 PM
uggs, crocs, skinny jeans, hipster glasses (that don't actually function as glasses, just put on for looks), and EVERYTHING on this website: Funny Pictures at WalMart (http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/)

p.s. I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl normally with a cute skirt here and there but as I can no longer fit into my jeans (and it's been too hot to wear them anyway so I can't justify buying them until it cools down), it's been shorts and t-shirts and summer dresses and cardigans for this girl.

Jinx
08-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Flip flops are an abomination unto God. They should only be allowed to the pool, beach, and nail salon for a pedicure.

Shorty
08-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Most of the time YES YOU ARE CORRECT because most people have horrible, awful terrible troll feet that I do not want to look at.

FLIP FLOPS DO NOT BELONG IN AN OFFICE STOP WEARING THEM HERE

~*~Celes~*~
08-10-2012, 12:46 AM
my feet are cute and dainty so I wear them without fear <3

Mirage
08-10-2012, 01:12 AM
I don't understand that pants nearly down on your knees stuff. I didn't when I was a teenager, and I don't as a nonteenager either.

Tigmafuzz
08-10-2012, 01:47 AM
I have like 15 different pairs of shoes, and I'm not even a shoe person. I think just the basics you need:

Sandals
Casual sneakers
Work shoes (which for me, means something like this (http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Cole-Haan-Air-Bria-Mary-Jane-Black-thin-mary-jane/prod118720024___/?icid=&searchType=MAIN&rte=%2Fsearch.jsp%3FN%3D0%26Ntt%3Dthin%2Bmary%2Bjane&eItemId=prod118720024&cmCat=search))
Boots

That's way too many shoes. I have my steel-toe work boots and some comfy slip-on shoes and that's it. I'm assuming army shoes don't count since I'm required to have them.

Jowy
08-10-2012, 01:59 AM
FLIP FLOPS DO NOT BELONG IN AN OFFICE STOP WEARING THEM HERE

i fork over one dollar every friday morning before my staff meeting to torment anyone who looks down in my presence.

~*~Celes~*~
08-10-2012, 02:09 AM
to me flip flops are great because they go with anything i wear. it's part of my fashion statement.

Pheesh
08-10-2012, 02:10 AM
Tifa's Boobs just hates everything that Australian people wear.

Marshall Banana
08-10-2012, 02:47 AM
Work shoes (which for me, means something like this (http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Cole-Haan-Air-Bria-Mary-Jane-Black-thin-mary-jane/prod118720024___/?icid=&searchType=MAIN&rte=%252Fsearch.jsp%253FN%253D0%2526Ntt%253Dthin%252Bmary%252Bjane&eItemId=prod118720024&cmCat=search))
Love Mary Janes. :kaoclove:

Jiro
08-10-2012, 04:25 AM
Nothing wrong with jandals so long as you're wearing them to appropriate venues and with appropriate dress.

Shiny
08-10-2012, 10:25 AM
I actually have more pairs of footwear than my girlfriend! I've got TWO pairs of shoes!

Yeah I don't care fashion I just wear comfy things. I don't judge people who do care, different strokes and all, but I think we can label pretty much the whole realm under things I don't understand xD

The beach is great when it's overcast. It's so calming and peaceful because usually hardly anyone is at the beach when it's gray out so you can just listen to the waves crash. I love it. Also, I don't have a hideously deformed body so of course I don't mind going to the smurfing beach.

NorthernChaosGod
08-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Why people cut the sleeves off of.shirts but then can't stop cutting that hole so it ends up only connected by like a thread practically. It's like they wanted a poncho but chickened out at the last minute. I get this, or well am more understanding of it when at a gym or something workout related but just around in public? Wth?!

People deserve to see more of my body.

Criminally Vulgar
08-10-2012, 11:30 AM
For they have sinned.

Jinx
08-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Flip flops aren't any better if your feet are cute. They're still gross, wedges of plastic. Even the "nicer" ones. Invest in a pair of decent sandals.

Also, just because you have a pair of blue flip flops to go with a blue top does not mean you are being fashionable. :P

Pheesh
08-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Sandals are for old men who like to feel the air on their hairy feet. Flip flops are the best thing to wear if you're going to the beach, period.

Jinx
08-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Yeah, if you're going to the beach or pool.

Everyday wear? No.

And by sandals, I mean dress sandals.

Jessweeee♪
08-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Man I never knew Final Fantasy fans were such fashion snobs :erm:

Freya
08-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Screw you sam. I don't like wearing shoes but I don't want to fuck my feet up when I go outside. Flip-flops are the least shoe like item. :colbert:

Marshall Banana
08-10-2012, 04:42 PM

Flip flops! :kaoclove:

Iceglow
08-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Shoes wise I own;

Cowboy Boots
Black leather Italian style suit shoes
Converse high-tops (black + white classic allstars)
Running shoes (silver/grey and green)
Coral Shoes - These are thick rubber soled shoes made from wetsuit material. They're essential when swimming on coral reefs unless you've decided to wear scuba flippers. They allow you to step on the reef without cutting your feet open. Considering coral reefs can give you some pretty nasty infections it's wise to own them when planning on going on reefs which I've been on them before and would love to go back to Egypt to the Red Sea again.

So yeah I own more shoes than most guys, I also probably wear all of them apart from the coral shoes (which would be pointless and unwise outside of water) within a month period. At the moment my converse, running shoes, suit shoes and cowboy boots are out and have been worn within a month.

Jinx
08-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Shoes wise I own;

Cowboy Boots
Black leather Italian style suit shoes
Converse high-tops (black + white classic allstars)
Running shoes (silver/grey and green)
Coral Shoes - These are thick rubber soled shoes made from wetsuit material. They're essential when swimming on coral reefs unless you've decided to wear scuba flippers. They allow you to step on the reef without cutting your feet open. Considering coral reefs can give you some pretty nasty infections it's wise to own them when planning on going on reefs which I've been on them before and would love to go back to Egypt to the Red Sea again.

So yeah I own more shoes than most guys, I also probably wear all of them apart from the coral shoes (which would be pointless and unwise outside of water) within a month period. At the moment my converse, running shoes, suit shoes and cowboy boots are out and have been worn within a month.

cowboy boots in london

Criminally Vulgar
08-10-2012, 05:11 PM
classic vans
converse
black plimsolls
work shoes

my most ill advised purchase was a pair of espadrilles. uncomfortable and dumb looking. threw them. flip flops are also uncomfortable so only worthwhile if you're poolside or something.

the beach is a nice contrast from the grey of the city.

Edit: I'm not fat or a female, guy. No luck for you today.

Araciel
08-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Skinny jeans.

Needs moar ballroom? Guess not.

Shorty
08-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Dress sandals are terrible. Just get a pair of real high heels.

Any sandal-like pair of shoes other than flip flops is terrible. Gladiator sandals, sandals that strap around your ankles, velco sandals, birkenstocks. They are all an abomination. Flip flops reign supreme because they are the easiest thing ever to slide on your feet and walk out the door with.

Jinx
08-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Dress sandals are terrible. Just get a pair of real high heels.

Any sandal-like pair of shoes other than flip flops is terrible. Gladiator sandals, sandals that strap around your ankles, velco sandals, birkenstocks. They are all an abomination. Flip flops reign supreme because they are the easiest thing ever to slide on your feet and walk out the door with.

Unless you have monster feet, other types of sandals shouldn't be that difficult to slip on. Takes me as much time as a flip flop, and that's with an ankle strap.

Shorty
08-10-2012, 06:45 PM
SHUT UP SAM FLIP FLOPS ARE BETTER AND EVERYONE ELSE KNOWS IT

Jinx
08-10-2012, 06:55 PM
SHUT UP SAM FLIP FLOPS ARE BETTER AND EVERYONE ELSE KNOWS IT

Except people with style.

Sephex
08-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Women talk about feet and shoes more than guys with foot fetishes, Jesus.

EDIT: Jesus also wore sandals.

Shorty
08-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Jesus wore robes. I'd like to see robes come back in style.

Quindiana Jones
08-10-2012, 07:51 PM
People who can keep flip flops on their feet are freaks of nature.

Jessweeee♪
08-10-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm not a big believer in beauty=pain, so I stay away from heels and strappy things no matter how pretty they are. These are the sandals that I wear almost every day:

http://i.pgcdn.com/pi/95/53/54/955354426_260.jpg

I like them because they go with pretty much all of my outfits, they're very comfortable, and best of all, putting them on is effortless. I just walk right into them and go. Yes, I'm super lazy. However I have been told by my boss's son that I am wrong and that they do not go with my long flowy black and white skirt. He runs a fashion company in Thailand so I guess he knows about this stuff. But whatever I love them and my flowy skirt so I will wear them together anyway :nonono:

NorthernChaosGod
08-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Wtf is wrong with flip flops? You people are weird and would die in California.

Quindiana Jones
08-10-2012, 11:01 PM
I have soles like leather.

Goldenboko
08-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Short-shorts. Now granted, I fucking love it attractive women wear them, but why they would ever want to wear them makes no sense to me.

Raistlin
08-10-2012, 11:25 PM
I don't understand any and all fashion. I was watching the Price is Right the other day in a waiting room while my car was getting looked at, and the show featured a pair of Prada boots with a sticker price of $2,000. The mind boggles. The only reason I have more than two pairs of shoes (sneakers and flip flops) is for work. I will wear t-shirts, khaki shorts, and flip flops for as much of the year as I can get away with.

Miriel
08-11-2012, 12:02 AM

I know right? I feel like I was born in flip flops. Can't imagine not wearing them on a daily basis.

Besides, mine aren't plastic. Who wears plastic flip flops? But flip flops aren't about fashion anyway, they're about ease. I never claim to be fashionable in flip flops, that doesn't take away from the fact that they are the BEST.

fire_of_avalon
08-11-2012, 01:22 AM
Flip flops are an abomination unto God. They should only be allowed to the pool, beach, and nail salon for a pedicure.

I'm leaving you for my Rainbows because if you make me choose, Sam. If you make me choose I will chose the flip-flops.

I like to be barefoot as much as possible or as close to barefoot as possible all the time so the less shoes I wear the better.

I have cowboy workboots and they are amazing.

Jiro
08-11-2012, 01:37 AM

And Australia. Twice.

Quindiana Jones
08-11-2012, 02:07 AM
Oh yeah, it's the lack of flip flops that'll kill you in Oz, not everything else. xD

Pheesh
08-11-2012, 03:27 AM
To be fair, flip flops (I hate that I can't call them thongs in this thread for fear of confusing you all D:<) are the best tool for swatting spiders and other bugs. They're lighweight, flat and you don't care if they get bug goo on the bottoms.

Shiny
08-11-2012, 05:40 AM
Foamy flip flops are more comfy. A definite must to have for anyone that doesn't live in Alaska.

edczxcvbnm
08-11-2012, 05:47 AM
Women talk about feet and shoes more than guys with foot fetishes, Jesus.

EDIT: Jesus also wore sandals.

You all suck a bunch of something that hangs from feet....you all lose is the point I am trying to make. Go something something yourselves 0_o

Sephex
08-11-2012, 05:51 AM
I guess this thread is about feet now, so....
Nsi3eqjY1UY

Tigmafuzz
08-11-2012, 06:50 AM
My fiancee has a foot fetish.

That is my contribution to this thread today.

Sephex
08-11-2012, 06:52 AM

That's interesting. Only because I honestly thought that was a guy thing based on weirdos of the internet (i.e. /b/ threads I have scrolled past when I used to frequent 4chan).

Tigmafuzz
08-11-2012, 07:42 AM

That's interesting. Only because I honestly thought that was a guy thing based on weirdos of the internet (i.e. /b/ threads I have scrolled past when I used to frequent 4chan).

A lot of people seem to think fetishes in general are more of a guy thing. You haven't dated enough of the super-kinky ones, Sephex. Ask your Lady what her secret interests are ;)

Sephex
08-11-2012, 07:46 AM

A lot of people seem to think fetishes in general are more of a guy thing. You haven't dated enough of the super-kinky ones, Sephex. Ask your Lady what her secret interests are ;)

I won't be stupid enough to post either of ours publicly, but yeah, ours are pretty straight forward....for the most part. In other words we know each other like that already. Why wouldn't I have explored that kind of stuff by now, man? C'mon! ;)

Shorty
08-11-2012, 07:47 AM
from fashion to fetish

Tigmafuzz
08-11-2012, 07:59 AM
from fashion to fetish

You knew what this was.

Pheesh
08-11-2012, 08:59 AM
from fashion to fetish

Oh god, don't you start, we'll be here for weeks.

blackmage_nuke
08-11-2012, 11:13 AM
I dislike the look of flipflops but appreciate thier function.
Sandals on the other hand look great and are only slightly less functional than flipflops so I prefer sandals.

Quindiana Jones
08-11-2012, 02:02 PM
I had an ex who liked to dress me up as different Pokémon and try to train me in the art of Pokélove. Every now and then, I'd have to get something wrong and use the wrong attack, and I'd have to replicate certain moves. Surf was hilarious, and Thunderbolt was pretty funny, although it looked painful. But I always felt guilty when she made me use Mega Punch. :(

fire_of_avalon
08-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Now that Quin has made me consider suicide we should regroup and focus on fashion instead of kink.

Quindiana Jones
08-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Now that's how you get a thread back on track. :smug:

Shorty
08-11-2012, 05:34 PM
quiet Philip this isn't tot

Ladies who still wear scrunchies. This is 2012.

ReloadPsi
08-13-2012, 12:37 AM
I was born in 1985 and remember being very pleased to see hi-tops, which I have never, ever liked, phase out in the early 90s, leaving only Converse (which I also loathe) behind.

My dismay when they came back was immeasurable.

Shiny
08-13-2012, 05:04 AM
Speaking of the 90s, a 90s trend in fashion I never understood and refused to was huge hoop earrings. This one girl I knew wore obnoxiously sized silver hoop earrings everyday. And this was more early 90s but equally horrid: shoulder pads in casual shirts or blazers for women. Why do I need to have man shoulders, mom, why?! She bought me so many shirts with shoulder pads when I was a little tot and would dress me up as a watermelon. Racist and poor dress taste. :/

Miss Lady Shelly
08-13-2012, 07:26 PM

I won't be stupid enough to post either of ours publicly, but yeah, ours are pretty straight forward....for the most part. In other words we know each other like that already. Why wouldn't I have explored that kind of stuff by now, man? C'mon! ;)

Leave me out of this. ok thanks! ha!:laughing:

Sephex
08-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Leave me out of this. ok thanks! ha!:laughing:

She knows.

I feel bad about derailing the thread over the weekend, so I will put it back on track this time.

Another fashion grievance I have is people buying socks five sizes too big and pulling them up just below the knee. It makes you look really stupid. I don't see this one too often, so I don't know if other people here have, so yeah.

Miss Lady Shelly
08-13-2012, 07:43 PM
When people wear slippers out in public. (ie Fuzzy ones or ones like my grandma wears) i just dont get it.

Clo
08-13-2012, 08:29 PM
Nothing less sexy than frumpy fuzzy pyjama pants. If you're going to go casual, go boner-inducing casual.

Miss Lady Shelly
08-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Another one i don't seem to understand is during the summer and its hot as hell out i see a lot of people wearing sweaters/sweatshirts/hoodies etc.

NorthernChaosGod
08-14-2012, 03:51 AM

I know right? I feel like I was born in flip flops. Can't imagine not wearing them on a daily basis.

Besides, mine aren't plastic. Who wears plastic flip flops? But flip flops aren't about fashion anyway, they're about ease. I never claim to be fashionable in flip flops, that doesn't take away from the fact that they are the BEST.

Being Mexican, apparently I can play soccer in flip flops. They are awesome though.

Jiro
08-14-2012, 04:04 AM
You can preface anything with "Being Mexican, ..." and have it make total sense.

Sephex
08-14-2012, 04:06 AM
You can preface anything with "Being Mexican, ..." and have it make total sense.

"Being Mexican, I only felt right to hope into my Metal Gear and have it mow the lawn for a good rate."

You're right!

NorthernChaosGod
08-14-2012, 07:04 AM
I wish my life was that cool.

Pike
08-14-2012, 10:34 AM
I don't know if purses/handbags count as fashion or not, but I don't understand those either.

I don't see why one would need to carry anything around besides a wallet, their phone, and their keys. My wallet and phone go in my pocket and my keys are on a carabiner and attach to my belt loop.

Quindiana Jones
08-14-2012, 11:55 AM
I can understand purses and handbags in general, but clutches are stupid.

Miriel
08-14-2012, 12:15 PM
I don't know if purses/handbags count as fashion or not, but I don't understand those either.

You literally don't understand it? Like, the idea that someone would need a bag like product to carry around their stuff? What about backpacks?

I carry around on a daily basis: wallet, keys, cell phone, bottle of water, a snack, and a pen or two. Bags are essential. And if I'm with Del Murder, I carry his DS or PSP in my bag too. And occasionally a book. And if I'm going to the movies, a giant ziplock bag full of homemade kettlecorn.

Jessweeee♪
08-14-2012, 03:12 PM

I don't see why one would need to carry anything around besides a wallet, their phone, and their keys. My wallet and phone go in my pocket and my keys are on a carabiner and attach to my belt loop.

When I'm going out to a club or a concert, or doing something physical like goofing off on the sea wall I like to carry the bare minimum (wallet, phone, keys). On an average day I carry all that stuff, pepper spray, tic tacs, secret things in that secret tampon pocket all purses have, a tampon or two, pamprin (even if it's not my time some other woman might need this stuff!), iPod + radio transmitter, flash drive, and a comb. I consider that relatively light. A lot of women wear make-up and/or have kids so they like to carry a crapton more than that. I don't like handbags because I feel like I'll forget them somewhere, but when I'm wearing something without pockets and I want to carry just the minimum I use something like this:

http://www.listphile.com/As_Seen_On_TV_Products/Buxton_Cell_Phone_Wallet/image/Buxton_Cell_Phone_Wallet.jpg

Pike
08-14-2012, 03:18 PM
I guess I don't get why anyone would need to carry all that stuff around in the first place :confused:

Jessweeee♪
08-14-2012, 03:35 PM
I don't really need to, they just come in handy! Pepper spray for self defense, tic tacs for minty freshness, secret things are for fun :bigsmile:, tampons and pamprin I hope I don't have to explain, flash drive so I can take my work home, iPod/radio transmitter so I can have my music in the car (I can't leave it in there when it's 115 degrees), and a comb because I have no AC and I have to drive with the windows down (also my town is like the 7th windiest city in the nation or something).

Shorty
08-14-2012, 07:36 PM
I love having a whole lot of super secret stuff in my purse, because it can hold just about everything. Water bottles, books, makeup, snacks. But it becomes a goddamn bottomless pit when I'm trying to find my keys.

I don't understand the matching colored nike shoes and sports bras/track outfits.

Clo
08-14-2012, 07:52 PM
I can understand purses and handbags in general, but clutches are stupid.

Clutches are for going out to bars and clubs. So you don't have a huge bulky purse getting in the way of your freak-dancing.

Or so I have assumed.

Quindiana Jones
08-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Oh yeah, I know what they're for, I just think "pffrt, lazy bitches" whenever I see them. Who would sacrifice such magnificence for a poncy thing like a clutch bag?

Tigmafuzz
08-14-2012, 11:18 PM
Skants.

Jinx
08-15-2012, 02:39 AM
Especially since you have to hold clutches the entire time.

Jiro
08-15-2012, 06:19 AM
Or you end up ditching them with that one friend who just sits there surveying the scenery all night.

Shiny
08-15-2012, 07:45 AM

Where do you keep your pads, or tampons then? Or is your wallet so huge that you can fit, everything you need in there? I understand the need for purses, but not massive purses unless moms are using it to double as a baby bag when they go out with their little ones.

I have purses, but I normally just carry my purse-like messenger bag around which often carries a book, pads, gum, keys, comb, DS, cell phone, and my butterfly wallet with my money and cards in it.

Iceglow
08-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Surely though you women know when you're due a period based on when you last had one? At least roughly speaking, so surely you don't have to carry lady things around all the damn time?

As a man, the whole "do I need a bag?" is resolved quite simply by asking myself how long I'm going and where to, what I've gotta carry. If it's out to a club hell no, is it warm enough to forget my jacket? If so that'll get ditched too. I went out clubbing the other night I had my phone, my key, my wallet (which carried a condom or two incase I met a girl and was lucky enough to get invited back to hers or if one of my housemates did) job done. I only carry a bag if I have to like take lunch in to work, carry clean/dirty work laundry in to work, am taking a book or my ds somewhere, will be at that destination for more than 24 hours.

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Hipsters.

Loony BoB
08-15-2012, 04:37 PM
There is little to nothing I understand about fashion. It is a stupid thing that does not revolve around looking good, but rather, keeping up with whatever is 'in fashion'. Things either look good or they don't. That's all there is to it in my eyes. If something that is in fashion happens to look good, I consider this coincidence.

Miriel
08-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Surely though you women know when you're due a period based on when you last had one? At least roughly speaking, so surely you don't have to carry lady things around all the damn time?
No, you don't have to carry them ALL the time, but for a week, you do. And some girls just like carrying emergency ones.

And I think having a wallet sitting in your back pocket or just in general shoving everythting you want to carry into pockets has got to be more uncomfortable than just carrying your bag. Doesn't it feel weird when you sit down?

Pike
08-15-2012, 06:51 PM
No, you don't have to carry them ALL the time, but for a week, you do. And some girls just like carrying emergency ones.

And I think having a wallet sitting in your back pocket or just in general shoving everythting you want to carry into pockets has got to be more uncomfortable than just carrying your bag. Doesn't it feel weird when you sit down?

I put my wallet in my front pocket and no, it doesn't feel weird :)

Where do you keep your pads, or tampons then? Or is your wallet so huge that you can fit, everything you need in there? I understand the need for purses, but not massive purses unless moms are using it to double as a baby bag when they go out with their little ones.

I have purses, but I normally just carry my purse-like messenger bag around which often carries a book, pads, gum, keys, comb, DS, cell phone, and my butterfly wallet with my money and cards in it.

I don't carry any of that stuff around. I just figure I'm going to the store, not to the Gobi Desert or something.

The only things in my wallet are some cash and like three cards. (Debit card, employee discount card, credit card for emergencies)

Clo
08-15-2012, 06:58 PM

AHAHAHA.

Anyway.

This might SHOCK AND AMAZE YOU, but ladies often look out for one another. I carry extra stuff in my purse in case someone doesn't have any. Since I work with 13-14 year old kids most of the time, this has especially saved some poor girl's day, since they usually have less of a handle on when it's going to happen.

Pfft. Men. :colbert:

Jowy
08-15-2012, 08:00 PM
i bought a messenger bag last week and use it to carry around everything i regularly did with a lot more organization. it beats carrying everything around in my pockets and doesn't look entirely too silly.

Jiro
08-15-2012, 11:35 PM
This might SHOCK AND AMAZE YOU, but ladies often look out for one another.

This does surprise me. Didn't know that.

NorthernChaosGod
08-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Screw that, every person for themselves.

Sephex
08-16-2012, 02:17 AM

Then I am really confused to as why they are so catty to each other.

Need a tampon? Sure! Wearing the same dress as me by sheer coincidence? Bitch gotta pay!

Jessweeee♪
08-16-2012, 05:11 PM

Then I am really confused to as why they are so catty to each other.

Need a tampon? Sure! Wearing the same dress as me by sheet coincidence? Bitch gotta pay!

Okay I have never actually heard of this happening in real life.

Sephex
08-16-2012, 05:21 PM
I was naming a generic situation.

Basically, I am saying that I think it's odd that some, not all, women have no problem sharing something like a tampon, but then will fly off the handle towards minor infractions towards each other.

Clo
08-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Alright, maybe I just look out for other women. But I wish. :(

milliegoesbeep
08-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Jeggings or any sort of leggings with a long shirt. Sometimes not even a long shirt is involved. Why do you want to show your arse off to the world, seriously? Put some proper pants on.

Iceglow
08-16-2012, 08:58 PM

I put my wallet in my front pocket and no, it doesn't feel weird :)

Yeah Pike hit the nail on the head, men generally find I notice to have a system an intricate system of filing in to pockets which whilst looking like a mystery to most women makes perfect sense to a guy. Here's a brief description of mine;

Front left pocket - iPod, Keys (important it goes opposite phone, prevents common loses of both money and phone or keys)
Front right pocket - Wallet, Phone, loose change if a lot.
Front right "note/bill pocket" chewing gum
Back right pocket - Travel permit
Back left pocket - small amounts of loose change, earphones (unless headphones in which case they stay on neck), any other letters/documents I need to keep

The usual "condom" stash of 1 condom for any situation which may arise where one is needed be it saving a life, preventing a gun from becoming waterlogged or sexual intercourse of myself or a bro is stored in the wallet note compartment, might not be the most ideal place but it's where I go to in an emergency.

This map means I 1) know where every item on my person is at any time so I can smoothly operate around the city without having to stop and rummage or think. 2) I'm never overloaded in one pocket, sometimes there can be some re-jigging but I prefer wallet and phone going together since I'm likely to pull both out together check my phone and use my wallet. plus if phone is going off and I grab it to answer/check I can also safely and discreetely check my wallet being there still.

Madame Adequate
08-16-2012, 09:45 PM

Keys, wallet, phone, possibly iPod or whatever. Easily fits into all pockets and isn't at all noticable.

I don't carry condoms everywhere I go though. Take from that what you will.

Quindiana Jones
08-16-2012, 10:27 PM
I always carry a pick with me. Somebody always needs a pick. You never know when you'll need to rock out.

Rantz
08-16-2012, 10:36 PM
I also carry at least three condoms at any time, for the gun protection purpose.

Clo
08-17-2012, 02:14 PM
What the fuck pants are you wearing where you can fit a wallet? I have never purchased a pair of pants that had pockets that big. They always have those girly pockets that you can fit Chapstick and a lighter in.

I would resent it, but I like having purses and a poppin' booty.

Quindiana Jones
08-17-2012, 02:40 PM
You could easily fit your wallet in some of these. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJOLwy7un3U)

Shiny
08-18-2012, 08:25 PM
They make male pockets typically looser than female pockets. Maybe that's what it's so surprising how much guys cram into their pockets. I for one, cannot stand having a bunch of keys in my pocket. It's uncomfortable no matter how loose I wear the pants, and so is a wallet. Is this why some non-ghetto guys sag their pants? Do they not want their wallets touching their bums?

Pike
08-18-2012, 09:36 PM
What the fuck pants are you wearing where you can fit a wallet?

I dunno I just wear regular ones

Iceglow
08-19-2012, 12:20 AM
I also carry at least three condoms at any time, for the gun protection purpose.

Ok so the whole line there was pretty much my poor attempt at humour. But you know what I mean, for whatever purpose it's needed it's there.

Clo
08-20-2012, 02:50 PM

Ok so the whole line there was pretty much my poor attempt at humour. But you know what I mean, for whatever purpose it's needed it's there.

You're not really supposed to carry around condoms, because certain temperatures can funk them up. Fresh condoms are where it's at.

So, you know. Safe sex!

Quindiana Jones
08-20-2012, 03:09 PM
I keep my condoms in an armoured portable humidifier.

Madame Adequate
08-20-2012, 06:22 PM

You're not really supposed to carry around condoms, because certain temperatures can funk them up. Fresh condoms are where it's at.

So, you know. Safe sex!

This is not actually information that Steve is ever, ever going to need.

Pike
08-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Do long fingernails count as fashion? Cause I will never understand those. Mine get chopped right down if any more than about a millimeter of white is showing. My fingernails grow obnoxiously fast and long, too, so I have to keep on them. It sucks.

Like, I at least understand the point of painting them (even if it's something I've never done and never will do), but why make them so long that you can't do anything with your hands? :confused:

Jowy
08-20-2012, 09:57 PM
because it looks sexy when its done right. long nails also have some carnal benefits.

dem french tips

Shoden
08-20-2012, 11:41 PM
Mostly the stuff scene kids here wear. Either tight jeans or baggy shorts, crocs, sleeveless shirts, ear expanders and them stupid hats that look 5x too big. Its hilarious actually when they're playing gigs, crab pose trying to look all br00tulz, its why i usually avoid Sunderland. I usually don't get on with their sort. XD

Shorty
08-20-2012, 11:45 PM
Scene kids wear crocs?!

Iceglow
08-20-2012, 11:57 PM

So, you know. Safe sex!

This is not actually information that Steve is ever, ever going to need.

Huxley is right to a degree even though he is trying to insult me poor effort my boy, poor effort you're better than that. It takes weeks/months of those kind of exposures to mess with condoms to the point that they're highly likely to fail, or so the sexual health clinic guy told me when I asked him about this back when I was a college student. Therefore the fact that any condom kept in my wallet is generally going to be used within a few weeks of it going in there either by myself or one of my mates. It's something I'm never going to have to worry about. If the condom does however stay in there more than 4 weeks for some reason generally speaking I'll toss it and put a fresh one in to be safe but I'm just overly cautious. As it stands, the world isn't ready for little Steve's running around.

Shorty
08-21-2012, 12:02 AM
We're not ready for the adult one running around, darlin.

Madame Adequate
08-21-2012, 12:05 AM
Yeah but it's not like we need to make an effort to insult you, you do all the hard work yourself :shobon:

Shoden
08-21-2012, 12:16 AM
Scene kids wear crocs?!

Believe it or not I've seen it.

Clo
08-21-2012, 12:54 AM
The rest of EoFF....

.... is Iceglow a real person?

Quindiana Jones
08-21-2012, 12:57 AM
He is, and Iceglow has no internet persona. He is the same person, no matter the medium.

And he's awesome so shaddapayerface, Clo, or I'll sell you on ebay. :colbert:

Clo
08-21-2012, 12:59 AM
I'm going to need some sources here. Research, if you will.

DK
08-21-2012, 01:14 AM
Look leave Steve and his condoms alone. :colbert: Of course he is always going to have fresh ones on him considering the amount he must get through. Look at this man. Just look at him and tell me you can't see it.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/225019_10150607025950368_587610_n.jpg

I mean come on. Strutting through the streets of London, giving that seductive look to all the women he walks past, turning on the vaunted Steve charm, can you really not understand how many posh wanks he gets through in a week? I tell you, some people. :doublecolbert:

Jinx
08-21-2012, 01:19 AM
Steve--

So, you carry one condom in your wallet, right? What happens if you give it to a mate, and then you meet this smokin' hot, drippin' wet bird who just wants to be in your pants? Do you pass her up? Give her a raincheck? Ask for the condom back? Just re-use the now soiled condom handed to your mate?

I'm sure this is probably a problem for you a lot

wat do D:

Tigmafuzz
08-21-2012, 02:10 AM
I usually carry three condoms at a time. But never in a wallet. That's not good for them. They need room to stretch out and exercise, otherwise they can't handle the strain and break more easily.

Iceglow
08-21-2012, 02:20 AM
Look leave Steve and his condoms alone. :colbert: Of course he is always going to have fresh ones on him considering the amount he must get through. Look at this man. Just look at him and tell me you can't see it.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/225019_10150607025950368_587610_n.jpg

I mean come on. Strutting through the streets of London, giving that seductive look to all the women he walks past, turning on the vaunted Steve charm, can you really not understand how many posh wanks he gets through in a week? I tell you, some people. :doublecolbert:

Dan had to go choose a picture taken at about 2am on a night where me and my housemates decided to get smashed out of our brains and give me a mo-hawk. Even better he picks one where I've not even gotten to the finished product. It's also over a year old now. Dan is a terrible man but I love him like I love all the best things in life. I also somewhat miss my mohawk that thing suited me surprisingly well.

Steve--

So, you carry one condom in your wallet, right? What happens if you give it to a mate, and then you meet this smokin' hot, drippin' wet bird who just wants to be in your pants? Do you pass her up? Give her a raincheck? Ask for the condom back? Just re-use the now soiled condom handed to your mate?

I'm sure this is probably a problem for you a lot

wat do D:

LMAO I knew someone eventually would actually ask this question in the thread. Well, I will give you a couple of valid options. First of all; I sometimes, depending on whether I have a jacket on me or not and which jacket it is have a spare tucked away in a pocket on it. This is more common in the winter. Secondly, being a logical man I know all pubs have condom machines in their toilets. Generally speaking the machines are not exactly well priced but if I was ever in the situation for any reason what-so-ever to not be carrying a condom on me when I need it I would simply go to the toilets and buy a pack of 3 (they're always packs of 3 and for some reason always either ribbed or flavoured the 3rd slot being packs of mints or chewing gum wtf?) from the machine there. In fact it is a pretty damn good tell on how classy a bar is... if the condom machine is broke, then well the bar is generally speaking a dive. If however I am out in a dive of a bar where the condom machine is broken I will outright refuse my mates the condom in case such a situation were to arise and I therefore got cock-blocked by my own ability to be a bro.

Might I also point out we've pretty effectively derailed the thread now.

Jinx
08-21-2012, 02:30 AM
But Steve, Steve

what if three of your mates score

So you give all three of your condoms away

And you've used all your spare change

AND YOU STILL HAVE NO CONDOMS?

Iceglow
08-21-2012, 02:32 AM
But Steve, Steve

what if three of your mates score

So you give all three of your condoms away

And you've used all your spare change

AND YOU STILL HAVE NO CONDOMS?

Would never happen. Seriously, they'd be told to get their own before that ever occurred.

Jiro
08-21-2012, 02:38 AM
You simply borrow some change off a brother.

Shiny
08-21-2012, 04:41 AM
Yes, you guys have. No one wants to hear anymore about your imaginary trysts. Please stay on topic.

NorthernChaosGod
08-21-2012, 04:51 AM
Ya'll just jelly of all the mad play Steve gets.

Clo
08-21-2012, 05:16 AM
I refuse to believe he exists.

Iceglow
08-21-2012, 05:44 AM
Yes, you guys have. No one wants to hear anymore about your imaginary trysts. Please stay on topic.

Ain't nothing imaginary about the way I do my thang! Seriously though Shorty if you're going to claim something cannot be true get some evidence to support your claim. Consider that several members of this forum have met me, been out with me, drunk with me and this snippet: If I wished to merely impress a bunch of strangers I could go out to a bar or a club and impress people, hell I'd go do some street dance lessons and put on a show. I've actually no reasons to lie about my life, if I was to decide to do so, why would I lie about my life on a Final Fantasy forum?

As I said to Dak earlier tonight in IRC... the only thing what outstrips my success rate is my failure rate the difference is I fail I don't get hung up, I move on to the next and the next and the next until I succeed. I could do the maths but I would say 6 in 10 times at the minimum I show an interest and get a no, but 4 in 10 times I'll get a yes. Consider the average situation is a guy like Cuchlain goes out, hits on someone after they've gotten too drunk to even get their words out without slurring and then they go home alone and have a misery wank. I don't believe in giving up, a girl says no that's her choice there are plenty other girls out there who would say yes. Though I will go home alone if the choice is nothing or a girl who I would never go for otherwise.

Oh ye of little faith. Next you'll be starting a war on the believers in me and I will literally be able to claim I am God.

Quindiana Jones
08-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Steve looks eerily like Robert Patterson channelling Taxi Driver in that photo.

Criminally Vulgar
08-21-2012, 09:35 AM
The thought of Steve impotently thrusting his party sausage into a scared and insecure woman who's just starting to sober up is incredibly evocative. My theory is that he's not so much a Byronic hero, but more akin to 'Spud' from Trainspotting.I suspect that his usual wake up scenario involves defecating into his lover's bedsheets and then anaesthetising the pain with some purchased relief before going out on the prowl again, lonely and titty, but confident of his emanating sexuality. To no avail, however.

Jiro
08-21-2012, 12:37 PM
To be fair, Iceglow did rock a pretty kickass mohawk. His skill (which is only further enhanced by his utterly gargantuan level of persistence) at picking up women is impressive, and to ever have doubted him is to underestimate a) him b) women and c) all of the above. That's not to say he gets easy women, or unattractive ones. Believe you me, he gets 'em good. I seen. I be seeing.

Quindiana Jones
08-21-2012, 12:44 PM
He knew this right fit bird called Raven Riley. She was fit.

Iceglow
08-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Quin, explain to us again why you're a registered sex offender?

Criminally Vulgar
08-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Who the hell do you think you are? Seriously you're a newbie. You don't know me for tit literally you don't have a clue as to who I am or anything I doubt I've ever even spoken to you in a post considering the most active I have been since you joined this forum is right now because I agreed to take part in this silly competition for a laugh.

I'm pretty sure you'd feel the exact same way about things if the boot was on the other foot. I don't take kindly to complete smurfing strangers saying tit about me assuming they know anything. Lets just say this: Don't smurfing talk tit about people you don't know because honestly I don't enjoy reading twats with all of 30 posts who I've never spoken to assuming they know things about me feeling comfortable slandering me by name. You're not one of my close friends on here who can have a joke with me like that so seriously shut the smurf up.

Quindiana Jones
08-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Ah yeah, did you talk to all your connections in government and get me registered yet? If I'd known you were so powerful, I'd have never said such terrible things to you.

Seriously, CV, apologise to him or he'll tell on you. He knows all the powerful folk. He can get you killed by the SAS with one call.

Jowy
08-21-2012, 03:28 PM
honestly i think steve's a handsome fellow

just sayin'

Jessweeee♪
08-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Do long fingernails count as fashion? Cause I will never understand those. Mine get chopped right down if any more than about a millimeter of white is showing. My fingernails grow obnoxiously fast and long, too, so I have to keep on them. It sucks.

Like, I at least understand the point of painting them (even if it's something I've never done and never will do), but why make them so long that you can't do anything with your hands? :confused:

Personally I can't do anything without long nails. I'm accustomed to them always being long, and it's weird when they're short. Also long nails are great for snapping stubborn seals on water bottles and such.

Quindiana Jones
08-21-2012, 04:45 PM
I use my huge biceps to snap seals.

Shiny
08-21-2012, 06:03 PM
If I have to tell the lot of you to stop derailing this thread into Steve again I will fart on all of your faces personally. Deleting all that nonsense from here on. Unless of course, you want to talk about Steve's fliphawk and lovely women's riding boots.

Ain't nothing imaginary about the way I do my thang! Seriously though Shorty if you're going to claim something cannot be true get some evidence to support your claim.

I am serious, and don't call me Shorty.

Psychotic
08-21-2012, 06:44 PM
i would like to have the final word on this discussion

steve is a close friend but i don't know why he needs condoms as when he and i have intercourse he's always the bottom

thank you and good night

Iceglow
08-21-2012, 08:09 PM
i would like to have the final word on this discussion

steve is a close friend but i don't know why he needs condoms as when he and i have intercourse he's always the bottom

thank you and good night

I'd respond but after the story of us two sharing a hotel room and explaining the Narnia noises as gay sex got out. Neither one of us have a leg to stand on in dispelling this. As for being bottom. I may be but you like to suck my balls.

Quindiana Jones
08-21-2012, 11:00 PM
Steve, the only time I've seen Paul suck your balls is when you forced them upon him. I have video evidence.

Iceglow
08-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Thats the only public time. I still say that video needs uploading.

Quindiana Jones
08-21-2012, 11:51 PM
I've sent it to Huffington Post a dozen times.

Jinx
08-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Why is Steve bragging about having a man suck his balls?

Quindiana Jones
08-22-2012, 12:04 AM
Surely you've been here long enough to understand it by now, TB? xD

Jiro
08-22-2012, 03:20 AM
I'd brag. What's not to love about being serviced by another man with whom you share a strong bond of friendship? You're all homophobes, the lot of you. Keep on rocking, Iceglow.

I have never been one for those floppy hats. You know the ones I mean? They're like beanies with a strange growth. I don't know, I just think hats should fit your head and not sag like a grandmother's breasts.

Shorty
08-22-2012, 04:49 AM
I know the ones you mean, I'm not terribly fond of those, either.

Has anyone said overalls yet? Overalls.

Fujiko
08-22-2012, 07:23 AM
I have never been one for those floppy hats. You know the ones I mean? They're like beanies with a strange growth. I don't know, I just think hats should fit your head and not sag like a grandmother's breasts.

Lmao! xD Could you link to a pic of one of those? I'm not sure I know which ones you mean~

Clo
08-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Has anyone said baggy pants?

BAGGY PANTS. I hate the way they waddle. I hatehaaaaatehaaaaaate it.

Jowy
08-22-2012, 09:14 PM
i can't even begin to describe how comfortable my excessively baggy jeans are. they are worn securely around the waist and not down to my knees though so they could look a lot worse.

i don't like when girls wear jeggings. even that word makes me just raise an eyebrow.

Sephex
08-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Has anyone said baggy pants?

BAGGY PANTS. I hate the way they waddle. I hatehaaaaatehaaaaaate it.

If they are way too baggy like how a lot of people had them in the 90s then I agree with you. However, if they are slightly baggy then I don't see a problem.

The opposite annoys me. Skinny jeans. Women can pull it off. Guys can't. I don't care if you think you are a unique soul listening to your middle of the road indie crap that's destined to sell out anyway, you're destroying your nuts for nothing. NOTHING!

Marshall Banana
08-22-2012, 11:52 PM
Has anyone said overalls yet? Overalls.
Overalls!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3

I wuv.

Shiny
08-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Along with shoulder pad shirts and blazers, my mom used to make me wear these. ;__;

Although tbf, I was a little girl when I wore them so it looked adorable. Only little kids should ever be caught in overalls.

Jowy
08-23-2012, 12:05 AM
they make shoulder pad shirts in kid-sizes?

Shiny
08-23-2012, 04:15 AM
Yes, they did during the early 90s.

Jowy
08-23-2012, 04:23 AM
I feel like I would have remembered that! Then again I was too busy being the weird kid who wore sweatpants every day.

Shiny
08-23-2012, 04:31 AM
It was something like this:

http://www.wholesale7.net/images/201208/goods_img/43466_P_1343977770634.jpg

Only smaller, uglier, and it had an animal graphic on the front of it. It's long since destroyed.

Jinx
08-23-2012, 02:48 PM
I wore sweatpants to school everyday my senior year of high school. :D

Jowy
08-23-2012, 02:49 PM
100% polyester I assume?

Raistlin
08-23-2012, 05:39 PM
I didn't wear sweatpants until my freshman year of college, when they were what I would slip over shorts if it was too cold outside. Laziness ftw.

Speaking of my complete lack of fashion sense, in college I even rarely wore socks with flip-flops (if I was wearing socks inside and it was too cold for bare feet but not cold enough to require the effort of finding and putting on actual shoes). I also did the same once when I took my little sister bowling somewhat recently (why bother putting shoes on if I'll just rent bowling shoes? And why bother carrying the socks if I can just put them on?), and she said she was embarrassed to be with me in public for even the short walk from the car to the bowling alley.

Jiro
08-24-2012, 02:53 AM
I might've taken your justification on that bowling one. But still, dude, it's weird.

Iceglow
08-25-2012, 12:57 AM
When a damn filthy convict says you're doing thongs wrong. you're doing thongs wrong.

Raistlin
08-25-2012, 01:16 AM
I might've taken your justification on that bowling one. But still, dude, it's weird.

I understand that it's weird, and it's something I never did unless the circumstances just made that easier than any alternative (like in the bowling scenario). I just don't get why it's such a big taboo, or why I should care. Then again, I wonder about the latter with regard to pretty much all fashion.

Cuchulainn
08-25-2012, 01:49 AM

Ain't nothing imaginary about the way I do my thang! Seriously though Shorty if you're going to claim something cannot be true get some evidence to support your claim. Consider that several members of this forum have met me, been out with me, drunk with me and this snippet: If I wished to merely impress a bunch of strangers I could go out to a bar or a club and impress people, hell I'd go do some street dance lessons and put on a show. I've actually no reasons to lie about my life, if I was to decide to do so, why would I lie about my life on a Final Fantasy forum?

As I said to Dak earlier tonight in IRC... the only thing what outstrips my success rate is my failure rate the difference is I fail I don't get hung up, I move on to the next and the next and the next until I succeed. I could do the maths but I would say 6 in 10 times at the minimum I show an interest and get a no, but 4 in 10 times I'll get a yes. Consider the average situation is a guy like Cuchlain goes out, hits on someone after they've gotten too drunk to even get their words out without slurring and then they go home alone and have a misery wank. I don't believe in giving up, a girl says no that's her choice there are plenty other girls out there who would say yes. Though I will go home alone if the choice is nothing or a girl who I would never go for otherwise.

Oh ye of little faith. Next you'll be starting a war on the believers in me and I will literally be able to claim I am God.

Oh the jawbrow has claws to go with that vivd fucking imagination. LOL

I hold the fact I don't go to a video game forum & constantly talk about 'conquests' a positive thing rather than a negative. You are either one of 2 things, an attention whore wrapped in a compulsive liar or an attention whore drizzled in slimy bastard. Either way it's not lookin too good for ye mate.

Oh, and i do ok in all matters I wish to do ok in. However, if you want to continue thinking about me masterbating at night you knock yourself out.

fire_of_avalon
08-25-2012, 01:54 AM
It's hard to hold the flip flop on your foot with a sock in the way.

starlet
08-25-2012, 03:51 AM
ROMPERS ARE FUGLY. End of story. For those of you who don't know what those are:

ERMAGERD ITS SO CUTE WIT DA FLOWERS AND JUNK AMIRITE??

No. You're dead wrong. Only babies and toddlers should wear rompers.