PDA

View Full Version : nobody cares who would win in a crazy fantasy fist-fight anne frank and lizzie borden

Jowy
08-08-2012, 10:26 PM
I make this thread a lot. Let's discuss the greatest cartoon of the past decade and count down the next few months until season five starts.

<i>On your metal wings, astride.
With your glistening extra parts, you glide.
It's just you and I up here.
Santa got it wrong with his eight reindeer.
I'm butter-gliding.
No more hiding things that are wonderful.
I'm butter-crying to be heard over petty jealousy.
Let's make love, butter-glider. Let's find a way to grind.
And all our hot butter babies will fly to the moon.</i>

CimminyCricket
08-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Uh... Venture Brothers?

Jowy
08-09-2012, 02:18 AM
There you go.

CimminyCricket
08-09-2012, 03:03 AM
They sure do take large breaks in between seasons. I thought it got canceled. :\

Jowy
08-09-2012, 03:07 AM
Quality at its finest. Don't rush perfection or you are subject to entirely too many Sergeant Hatred paedophile jokes. Second half of season four was just great.

Only another five months allegedly. We can wait.

CimminyCricket
08-09-2012, 03:21 AM
February is too far away. I still prefer season 2 and 3.

Jowy
08-09-2012, 03:43 AM
Season 2 was really the best in my opinion solely because of Victor. Echo. November. I cannot hear the words "steak fries" without a shrill nasal "always soggy" following it up.

Tigmafuzz
08-09-2012, 05:08 AM
Dean, stop riding the perfect man.

Mercen-X
08-10-2012, 02:05 AM
Nary a toon so oft to spaz, I know
Hast power to inspire such wroth in me
Wherein are found plots most intriguing, though
I cannot see past the stupidity --- Me

Jowy
08-10-2012, 06:32 AM
I think the big like/dislike for this show really stems from what episode you first see. Give it a shot at redemption with "Ghosts of the Sargasso." You will at least get a handful of smiles and a good solid laugh at one point. And after you see that, it definitely allows you to get another handful of chuckles or two in subsequent episodes for an entirely different reason.

Mercen-X
08-10-2012, 07:26 PM
My major peeve about the show is/are the brothers themselves. I don't find anything they do funny. In my opinion, they distract from anything that could make this an enjoyable show. I mean, one kind of reminds of Fred from Scooby-Doo and that's actually okay, but the other... I don't know, maybe I'm missing some kind of reference. But the fact is, I don't find them funny. My favorite character will always be Brock... ... ... (goes to Wikipedia to look up premise of show as he's only watched about 12-15 episodes having nothing better to do) I hadn't realized (maybe I blocked it from memory) that the doc clones his kids when they die. No wonder they're so damned annoying.

krissy
08-11-2012, 04:41 AM
merc, have you ever watched the original johnny quest cartoons?

Wolf Kanno
08-11-2012, 10:01 AM
This is honestly one of the best shows to ever spawn from Adult Swim and it is so awesome. I actually do a pretty decent Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend impressions. I remember watching the old Johnny Quest series and this show does an excellent job spoofing everything. What I thought was really amusing was how their is an underlying plot but sadly, I lost track of the show midway through Season 3. I'm seriously going to have to catch up before the new season starts.

Arizona Lively
08-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Johnny Quest! Johnny Test!

Mercen-X
08-13-2012, 12:44 AM
merc, have you ever watched the original johnny quest cartoons?

I was not a particular fan of that show either. Then again, we didn't often have television at all so by the time I saw episode I could only really judge it on the events of that episode. These days, when I watch older episodes of Scooby-Doo (which I apparently never saw as a kid), I think "that's not the Scooby-Doo I remember. That's lame." Now that's not to say the Scooby-Doo I remember wasn't still lame in it's own way with repeated backgrounds, repeated animation, and lipping that didn't match dialogue at all sometimes, but the older episodes went so far as to feature ghoulies that were really not ghoulish. They were just stupid. That's kind of how I feel about Johnny Quest. I saw one episode of a reboot somewhere. It was certainly a... reboot. It still didn't hold my attention.