PDA

View Full Version : oddities

Jiro
08-09-2012, 08:32 AM
I played some FFX the other day and I was in that Omega Cave or what have you. Anyway I was doing some killin' and I found a pretty tough enemy who started whooping my butt. Auron had his ass handed to him and was lying there unconscious on the ground like some kind of slacker when Yuna starts up her summoning right. Well Auron gets on up and runs the fuck out the back of the screen so Ixion can do his shit. Then sadly Ixion kicked the bucket too so Auron comes running back in and then just falls over and has a nap. Wtf man you're supposed to be the legendary guardian!

Seen any other weird things in yer travels?

Nebulance
08-09-2012, 12:37 PM
I've gotta check the bestiary, but I don't recall someone *that* difficult in Omega Ruins... my biggest problem usually comes from Master Tonberry and the Great Marlboro. However, I've been working on building some customized armour to deal with the Marlboro. I figure once I get strong enough (my average offensive statistics are at the 80--90 level at the moment) I'll be able to handle the Tonberry.

Jessweeee♪
08-09-2012, 07:36 PM
The monsters in the Omega Ruins are pretty tough. But seasoned Final Fantasy players know not to go into a place called the "Omega Ruins" without being pretty beefed up to begin with. Mimics are pretty tricky at first because you go in thinking "yeah I gotcha, just use physical attacks on this one right?" NOPE.

Once I cheated at Sphere Break in FFX-2 and the victory cutscene kept replaying. It was all like "I won!" doo doo dooo ♪ "I won!"

Jiro
08-10-2012, 04:36 AM
Great Marlboro.

Ding ding ding.

I reject the idea that I am a failure as a FF player too. I went in there to grind a little on the weaker stuff because my team could manage that easy. I just got taken by surprise :colbert:

Nebulance
08-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Great Marlboro.

Ding ding ding.

I reject the idea that I am a failure as a FF player too. I went in there to grind a little on the weaker stuff because my team could manage that easy. I just got taken by surprise :colbert:

haha, I doubt you are... The armour I have for the Marlboro is the following (for each character): auto-med, stoneproof and beserkproof. Ideally, I'd like to add confuseproof to that list, but that requires an awfully large amount of Musk (I think), which is certainly short on supply. I've found that you can steal it at a reasonable rate in the Omega Ruins. And by reasonable, I mean ~3--5 per every few hours (hah!) and it takes 30--40 to add it as an ability on a given piece of armour.

Pete for President
08-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Agreed, I always thought the running off while your K.O. didn't make any sense.

Also, when the kicking robot kicks your party members out of battle and sends them flying miles and miles away, they'll be in the party seconds later after the battle has ended. Apparently they can run really really fast.

EDIT:

Farming Musk to make status-immunity armour looks really time-consuming. Go capture monsters instead, IIRC unlocking some monsters at the monster arena will give you a lot of helpful items to customize immunity-armor. Another good tactic for Marlboro's is to give one of Yuna's weapons the First Strike ability and make her summon as soon as you encounter one. Alternatively any party member with First Strike would do, as long as you have Yuna in the reserves so you can pull a switcheroo on your first turn.

Nebulance
08-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Agreed, I always thought the running off while your K.O. didn't make any sense.

Also, when the kicking robot kicks your party members out of battle and sends them flying miles and miles away, they'll be in the party seconds later after the battle has ended. Apparently they can run really really fast.

EDIT:

Farming Musk to make status-immunity armour looks really time-consuming. Go capture monsters instead, IIRC unlocking some monsters at the monster arena will give you a lot of helpful items to customize immunity-armor. Another good tactic for Marlboro's is to give one of Yuna's weapons the First Strike ability and make her summon as soon as you encounter one. Alternatively any party member with First Strike would do, as long as you have Yuna in the reserves so you can pull a switcheroo on your first turn.

haha, yes -- the party is apparently very quick on their feet! I never got that either, how 'game over' occurs, despite all the guys 'sitting on the bench' so to speak...

Thanks for the tip in the spoiler!

ReloadPsi
08-13-2012, 12:41 AM
Every so often the characters stop and talk about boring crap that doesn't advance the plot for about twenty minutes, and for some reason I don't have the option to make them keep moving and fighting battles while this happens.

Did I ever mention I hate FFX's cutscenes, and its sheer volume thereof? I'm somewhat tempted to restart an old thread. Be right back...

Quindiana Jones
08-17-2012, 02:10 PM
I like to think that when you flee a battle with a KO'd character, that person is left behind. When they wake, thet have to struggle back to you and the rest of the party, and beg for healing items. It makes losing battles so much more enjoyable. :D

blackmage_nuke
08-17-2012, 04:11 PM
A member is petrified and smashed to pieces but he/she is fine when the battle is over.