PDA

View Full Version : sup honey

Jiro
08-10-2012, 06:56 AM
Do you like bees? Bees don't really bother me. Sometimes they buzz round but they rarely sting me any more. We have an understanding, you know?

http://howmanyarethere.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/bee.jpg

_Qp_nMntvR8

Jowy
08-10-2012, 06:59 AM
I like bumble-bros. Wasps can die in a fire because they build nests in dumb spots and get roasted.

Miss Lady Shelly
08-10-2012, 07:00 AM
They are ok for somethings however, i dont think id do this anytime soon....

Hand feeding your pet Polistes wasps - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGJUREA0cmQ)

Faris
08-10-2012, 01:14 PM
It buzzes and anything that buzzes freaks me right out. I hate it when they hover around you buzzing away for time that seems endless. No bee, I only smell like a pretty flower, please move right along!

Sephex
08-10-2012, 01:28 PM
They don't bug me. Most people don't realize that if a bee is near you buzzing around the best thing to do it just let it investigate you a bit by staying as still as possible. The bee is just checking you out. If you start flailing and freaking out you're just going to increase the chances that you'll be stung.

Agent Proto
08-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I just leave bees alone because most likely it's just minding its own business and doing what bees do best. Now, if it's a wasp, I get the smurf out of the way and avoid it at all costs. Wasps are scary, man.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I had bees, wasps, hornets, etc. land on me over the years, and every instinct I have tells me to freak out and run around screaming. I have to sit there and stare at it until it flies off.

Then I freak out and run around screaming.

Jinx
08-10-2012, 01:51 PM
I love bees, even if I'm allergic. I think it's so cute when you confuse a bee. Wear a floral/brightly coloured top and flowery perfume, and they fly around you like, "Hey, what is this!" and as soon as they realize you're not a flower, they fly off.

Bees are pretty apathetically friendly. They don't sting unless they feel threatened (unlike wasps who will chase you.) I've always wondered if bees know they'll die if they sting you. Like, stinging you is some big moral choice (unlike devil wasps whose stingers regrow.) And I've always thought bees are a lot like us: they've gotta get up and go to work, and they're just minding their own business trying to fill their quota or something. Why ruin his day? He's just doing his job! I also like to wonder if because bees are a hive mind, do they feel when other bees are in pain or die?

I like bees.

Pike
08-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Bees don't bug me much. Hornets and wasps can DIAF, though.

Shorty
08-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Bumblebees are so cute! They're all big and bumbly and just want to say hi.

Wasps are terrible and mean and just in general the worst.

Clo
08-10-2012, 07:35 PM
I grew up in the country and was stung a few times, and I realized that it didn't hurt, so I wasn't afraid of bees.

My students think the apocalypse is nigh when they see a goddamn bee. I was proctoring an exam and there was a giant bee flying around. The other proctors and I did everything in our power to keep it in the hallway so no student saw it, because shit would have hit the fan.

We succeeded. :cool: They never knew.

NorthernChaosGod
08-10-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm okay with bees, they're pretty chill. Unless there's a lot of them then I freak out.

Wasps and hornets are the worst and scare the shit out of me.

Bunny
08-10-2012, 09:43 PM
I used to catch bees with my hands.

I used to burn wasps with my flamethrower.

Shlup
08-10-2012, 11:48 PM
If my future house has a large enough yard, I'd like to raise some bees in the corner. They make everything prettier! I like hanging out with my buzzy friends; they've never stung me.

Jiro
08-11-2012, 01:47 AM
See! They're the bees knees!

fire_of_avalon
08-11-2012, 01:48 AM
I'm okay with bees. Even mean bees like hornets and wasps because generally they don't fuck with you unless you fuck with them.

Tigmafuzz
08-11-2012, 06:37 AM
My friend Lexy and I were walking along a cliff a few years ago (I don't remember why, probably because there were flowers or something) and she randomly begun flailing wildly and slipped and she would have fallen over the edge if I hadn't grabbed her. When I asked her why she suddenly started freaking out, she said, "I thought there was a bee near my head!"

So your first reaction is to flail wildly and possibly anger this cute, mostly harmless creature? He doesn't want to hurt you. He just wants to see if you're a flower. You aren't. So let him try and figure out what you are and be on his way. Don't piss him off by smacking him. Then he'll try to hurt you. And then he'll die. You pissed him off and made him kill himself. You're a horrible person.

...And some bees can summon more bees as they die. You definitely don't want that.

Now, if it was a wasp, it probably would have stung you whether you angered it first or not. Because wasps are total assholes. But if it's a bee or something, you'll be fine unless you do something to trigger its defensive mechanisms. Just stand still or walk slowly and resist the urge to swat at it and you'll most likely be just fine. If it's a wasp, you'll get stung anyfuckingway. So there's no advantage whatsoever to deciding to swat at whatever is buzzing by your head, unless it's a cockroach or some kind of beetle. In which case you smack that fucker straight out of the sky and stomp on his body several times and mash his carcass into the dirt. Because cockroaches and beetles shouldn't be allowed to fucking exist.

The reason I was upset at her acting out like that was because I had demonstrated twice earlier that same day that being calm and rational were key elements of living life "properly." I had a much more Zen kind of philosophy back then. I had shown her when a dog came running up to us that staying calm, ignoring it, and then being assertive if it doesn't go away are how to get it to leave you in peace. But the whole time she was freaking out and acting like a bunny rabbit on coke twitching like hell standing on the bench and squealing, which made it hard to get the dog's attention focused back on me. God I hated her so much. I'm going to stop typing now because I completely forgot where I was going with this.

/vodka

Shauna
08-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Bees are cool. Wasps are not.

Bee Movie is an abomination and looking at the OP makes me sad.

Jiro
08-12-2012, 08:05 AM
I don't care how bad Bee Movie is, you can't deny that the bee in the pic is fucking chill as bro

Shorty
08-12-2012, 08:41 AM
I found this while stalking Jowy's old lj entries.

NOW THIS IS HOW IT STARTED, LET ME GIVE YOU A SHOW
ABOUT HOW I WAS COVERED IN BEES FROM MY HEAD TO MY TOE
AND I'D LIKE TO TAKE A MINUTE, DON'T YOU GO NOWHERE PLEASE
I'LL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT HOW I'M smurfING COVERED IN BEES

IIIIIIN SOVIET RUSSIA, BORN AND RAISED
COVERED IN BEES IS HOW I SPENT MOST OF MY DAYS
CHILLIN' OUT, MAXIN', BEING COVERED IN BEES
AND JUST PLAYING WITH MY HORNETS, SITTING ON MY KNEES
WHEN A COUPLE OF BEE FARMERS STARTED STEALING MY FUN
HAD TO SPRAY THEM DOWN WITH MY TOMMY GUN
I WAS COVERED IN BEES WHEN THE BOSS CAME NEAR AND SAID
"YOU'RE JOINING THE COBRAS, GO SIT BY THE FEAR"

I HOPPED INTO THE WIG AND WAS FEELING A BIT ILL
THERE WAS A DEAD OLD MAN AND AN ASTRONAUT AT THE WHEEL
IF ANYTHING, I COULD SAY THAT THIS tit REEKED OF CHEESE
BUT I THOUGHT "NAH, FORGET IT, I'M COVERED IN BEES!"

I - PULLED - UP TO THE BASE ABOUT SEVEN OR EIGHT
I POSED DRAMATICALLY AND I SHOUTED "GRENADE"
I LOOKED AT THE SHAGOHOD, RIGHT HERE AT MY KNEES
AND I BECAME THE PAIN, I'M smurfING COVERED IN BEES

Tigmafuzz
08-12-2012, 09:56 AM
I found this while stalking Jowy's old lj entries.

NOW THIS IS HOW IT STARTED, LET ME GIVE YOU A SHOW
ABOUT HOW I WAS COVERED IN BEES FROM MY HEAD TO MY TOE
AND I'D LIKE TO TAKE A MINUTE, DON'T YOU GO NOWHERE PLEASE
I'LL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT HOW I'M smurfING COVERED IN BEES

IIIIIIN SOVIET RUSSIA, BORN AND RAISED
COVERED IN BEES IS HOW I SPENT MOST OF MY DAYS
CHILLIN' OUT, MAXIN', BEING COVERED IN BEES
AND JUST PLAYING WITH MY HORNETS, SITTING ON MY KNEES
WHEN A COUPLE OF BEE FARMERS STARTED STEALING MY FUN
HAD TO SPRAY THEM DOWN WITH MY TOMMY GUN
I WAS COVERED IN BEES WHEN THE BOSS CAME NEAR AND SAID
"YOU'RE JOINING THE COBRAS, GO SIT BY THE FEAR"

I HOPPED INTO THE WIG AND WAS FEELING A BIT ILL
THERE WAS A DEAD OLD MAN AND AN ASTRONAUT AT THE WHEEL
IF ANYTHING, I COULD SAY THAT THIS tit REEKED OF CHEESE
BUT I THOUGHT "NAH, FORGET IT, I'M COVERED IN BEES!"

I - PULLED - UP TO THE BASE ABOUT SEVEN OR EIGHT
I POSED DRAMATICALLY AND I SHOUTED "GRENADE"
I LOOKED AT THE SHAGOHOD, RIGHT HERE AT MY KNEES
AND I BECAME THE PAIN, I'M smurfING COVERED IN BEES

...It's so beautiful...

Sephex
08-12-2012, 04:07 PM
I made this comic for Psychotic awhile ago. I had to do "something cool" for him in order to get my custom title with red letters. It's been awhile, so I figure it's okay to share this with everyone. The moral of the story is that bees can be helpful. Spoiler tagged because the pic is way too big!

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/niccagecomic.png

Jiro
08-12-2012, 11:30 PM
I doubt it is the end at all!

Sephex
08-12-2012, 11:50 PM
I doubt it is the end at all!

I'm not even sure if I want the story to continue. The end results might be too harrowing for my soul.