PDA

View Full Version : stuffs

Jiro
08-10-2012, 07:05 AM
Sometimes I sit there and I just think about the sheer amount of cool shit we have. I mean, like, think about just, stuff. Everything around you. It's awesome. We come up with some pretty cool ideas. I am reminded of the phrase "best thing since sliced bread" and man there really are a lot of cool things since sliced bread. Vegemite and butter on toast for instance.

Sometimes I also think about just like, how much the people who invented shit would be worth. I mean it's a little bit misleading, because obviously most of these inventors are like dead but can you imagine how much the guy who invented buttons would be worth? Could you imagine how loaded the guy who invented blankets would be worth? Fuck, that'd be awesome.

How cool is stuff man.

Parker
08-10-2012, 09:03 AM
I want to be a guy who made countless millions designing a certain type of milk carton cap or something like that.

Stuff is totally awesome and terrible at the same time. I'm super materialistic so I end up buying truly wicked shit that I absolutely do not remotely need

Sephex
08-10-2012, 01:38 PM
I like this thread. It's nice to see something positive said about all the cool stuff we have. Not a lot of people realize that a very short time ago, the world wasn't as connected or convenient.

I might have told this story before, but a few years ago I was talking to my sister's friends. They are all about ten years younger than me. They had trouble reaching a friend through a cell phone, so I suggested calling the person's parent's house. They all balked and yammered on about how awkward that was, since they might have to talk to a parent and ask to speak with their friend. It was one of the first time I truly felt "old" when I said that it wasn't too long ago that you HAD to deal with the possibility of reaching a friend through a parent.

Jinx
08-10-2012, 02:29 PM
I love clothes. I have so many clothes, my closet can not hold them all. I am currently shopping online for more clothes. Clothes are awesome.

Psychotic
08-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Hey you know that paper thing? Yeah, I invented that.

Jessweeee♪
08-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Guys I have a sandwich toaster. A sandwich toaster.

Peegee
08-10-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm going to publicly threaten to talk about free market economics unless you make me a CK.

trufax. you have a day to comply.

Shorty
08-10-2012, 06:55 PM
I would rather not call someone than call a house phone and have to speak to another person beside the person I was hoping to reach.

Stuff is awesome. Magic bullets are awesome. So are waffle irons.

Pike
08-10-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm going to publicly threaten to talk about free market economics unless you make me a CK.

But you already do that all the time :confused:

Fun fact: I was going to change your user title to ~♥~Ron Paul~♥~ but then I realized CKs can't do that :(

Peegee
08-10-2012, 07:18 PM

But you already do that all the time :confused:

Fun fact: I was going to change your user title to ~♥~Ron Paul~♥~ but then I realized CKs can't do that :(

don't you dare touch my custom titties. Paul gave me that for trolling Milf. TRUE STORY

it was a threat. IF I don't get what I want, THEN I will talk about free market economics in a GC thread.

Clo
08-10-2012, 07:20 PM
The internet astounds me on a daily basis. Sometimes because people are awesome on it, and sometimes because they are fucking horrible.

NorthernChaosGod
08-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Stuff is pretty cool. I finally got a smartphone and I've been basically dicking around on it non-stop since getting it.

Pike
08-10-2012, 11:11 PM
don't you dare touch my custom titties. Paul gave me that for trolling Milf. TRUE STORY

I thought Paul handed those out for trolling Jiro in the great Psy-Jiro Wizards' Dual of 2011 (or whenever that was)

Quindiana Jones
08-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Printers. Holy shit, guys, printers. We can print massive quantities of the same words. You know what this means? BOOKS. EVERYWHERE, BOOKS!

Psychotic
08-10-2012, 11:19 PM

I thought Paul handed those out for trolling Jiro in the great Psy-Jiro Wizards' Dual of 2011 (or whenever that was)Yup. I have never taken out a hit on Constable Huxley. Yet.

Citizen Bleys
08-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Yup. I have never taken out a hit on Constable Huxley. Yet.

That's because you know that Hux has greater popular support; it would be like ramming your junk into a beehive

Shlup
08-10-2012, 11:41 PM
I've been watching The Hatfields and McCoys mini-series from The History Channel... I'm so glad I have stuff.

Citizen Bleys
08-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Bones and the dude from Metallica were on the same show? On the History Channel?

I thought the History Channel was just for shows about Hitler.

Psychotic
08-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Yup. I have never taken out a hit on Constable Huxley. Yet.

That's because you know that Hux has greater popular support; it would be like ramming your junk into a beehiveSo did Jiro and that didn't turn out spectacularly well for him.

Citizen Bleys
08-11-2012, 12:17 AM
So did Jiro and that didn't turn out spectacularly well for him.

How so? He seems to be doing pretty well to me. I'd say at least 3 years before he joins me in the "used to be cool" category.

Quindiana Jones
08-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Pffrt. MILF may own the EoEO gang, but Psy has the GC crowd. I can't imagine anyone on this site safer than Psy, other than those who pay him for protection.

Shlup
08-11-2012, 01:06 AM
Yeah, History Channel took a break from their 24/7 Pawn Stars marathon to air something good. It's crazy.

fire_of_avalon
08-11-2012, 01:09 AM
I couldn't watch the miniseries anymore after I read about the actual feud. All of those guys were douches. But Kevin Costner is pretty great though.

Jiro
08-11-2012, 01:41 AM
So did Jiro and that didn't turn out spectacularly well for him.

How so? He seems to be doing pretty well to me. I'd say at least 3 years before he joins me in the "used to be cool" category.

Oh shi- where do I sign up?

Citizen Bleys
08-11-2012, 07:14 AM
Oh shi- where do I sign up?

What, for the "used to be cool" category? Start by growing a beard. This begins the process, and before you know it, you'll be a gin-swilling curse-word-snarling crotchety old bastard who looks down on everyone else.

But you'll have a freakin' beard so it's worth it.

Shorty
08-11-2012, 07:16 AM
He can't grow a beard, he tried-but-failed at my contest. :(

G13
08-11-2012, 08:02 AM
You can borrow mine, Dak, but don't feed it after midnight.

I'm fuckin' serious, dude. :|

Pike
08-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Yeah, History Channel took a break from their 24/7 Pawn Stars marathon to air something good. It's crazy.

Is History Channel the one with Mysteries at the Museum? Cause that show is great.

(Well, except for the one where they were like ~*~ALIUMS ARE ABDUCTING PEOPLE~*~)

Jiro
08-12-2012, 08:09 AM
I knew the beard was the key ingredient. I knew it was lacking. But never fear. I've got a plan.

Quindiana Jones
08-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Jiro, you've already been warned for your animal cruelty. It's best if you go for a different plan.

Jiro
08-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Ugh, that means I have to jump all the way to Plan C.

Quindiana Jones
08-13-2012, 02:10 AM
Plan C? Is it finally legal? Wow.