PDA

View Full Version : This ain't to all you busters out there. It's to my homies livin' in the hood, who-

Goldenboko
08-10-2012, 10:44 PM
-cross dem streets er''yday. Dodging trucks and traffic, this shout out is for you my man. Also you girl, walking through the pouring raining without an umbrella in your city, master of the roads like the skyscrapers that engulf them. This right here is for those tall and small who run between metal machines to save your seconds. I'm talking city slickers who know you only yield to taxi's. I'm talking business men in crosswalks pattering pointless statistics in their blackberries oblivious to the hammering of horns. Heroes of the head-straight, vanguards of the reckless. It's to all y'all with backs to the wall as buses speed by. It's to all y'all middle finger in the air. I pour this drink to my fallen homies.

How often do you cross the street and what's the worst place you regularly cross? Hungtington Ave (http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3036/3040598572_f615f25d00_z.jpg) is the bane of my existance. It's 1-way road, train tracks, 1 way-road in a row. That tit is a pain when I gotta piss like I had to today.

Psychotic
08-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Why are you talking like a vagrant? Are you using recreational drugs, sir?

Also not very often now that I have a car. I am the danger :aimsun:

Sephex
08-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Occasionally I quickly run to a gas station or taco place (not related for my needs) across a fairly busy street. I don't feel that I am in true danger, but it generally makes me nervous.

Shlup
08-10-2012, 11:42 PM
I crossed the world's busiest crosswalk in Shibuya once. It was so freaking efficient and... quiet. Dammit I love manners.

Quindiana Jones
08-10-2012, 11:52 PM
The M5.

Raistlin
08-10-2012, 11:55 PM
Staying at a hotel in downtown Baltimore on a very busy street for a few days was a pain, as it would take 10 minutes just to walk a few short blocks (and there was no point in getting my car, which would just end up taking longer and costing a lot more). I don't have to walk across any busy streets like that around here.

Shorty
08-11-2012, 12:17 AM
Las Vegas crosswalks on The Strip are terrible. And then there are always the hoards of people who go before the OKAY TO CROSS sign is up so you have that awkward "...is this okay? Is it okay to follow these people?" so you do and a taxi pulls up to turn left and slams his horn at you for being an idiot.

Faris
08-11-2012, 01:04 AM
Very often I will jay walk on a busy street. I like to live on the wild side of life. :cool:

I tunnel vision while I walk so I have no idea if I just walked through a dangerous section or not. Very rarely does someone bother me while I'm walking, usually for money, smokes, bus tickets or to let me know that their friend just pissed themselves.

Jiro
08-11-2012, 01:42 AM
I cross the street without looking a lot of the time. There are basically no level crossing train lines any more so I don't have to worry about death by train at least.

Clo
08-11-2012, 06:30 PM
I live in a city and I work downtown. So I have to cross two busy streets to move from the parking ramp to the school... and then when I get out of work I have to cross two busy streets again.

I have become artful at it. I am taking apprentices.

Shauna
08-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Crossing roads isn't that big of a deal. Do it all the time. :3

Madame Adequate
08-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Crossing in New York was pretty rough because holy hell those lights do NOT last for long.

Old Manus
08-11-2012, 07:49 PM
I cross the street like...twenty times a day. Is it supposed to be a novelty in certain parts of the world or something?

Jowy
08-12-2012, 03:31 AM
I live in the middle of nowhere. Any destination that I would walk to has no risk of more than two vehicles moving. No sidewalks, but that's not a big deal. At work if I feel like walking somewhere to lunch, I will take the back road behind the parking lot to the donut shop and play Area 51 or cross a four way intersection to the grocery store.

Jiro
08-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Crossing in New York was pretty rough because holy hell those lights do NOT last for long.

It was my observation that you just ignore the lights and cross when you are most likely not to die, which is actually when there is a break in traffic. If you cross at the signal, the cars turning want to run you down.