PDA

View Full Version : Do you want sequels to WALL-E and/or The Incredibles?

Mercen-X
08-11-2012, 04:57 AM
You can name other Disney or Pixar related films if you want, but I've got questions regarding aspects of WALL-E and The Incredibles that are ideal for a sequel to answer.
I'd rather not have to turn to a comic strip or the like to find those answers. Maybe y'all have seen me skulking around denouncing the relationships between different forms of media, but I tend to prefer a followthrough in the same media format that I originally observed the story in. If there are other parts of the overall story that are told in other media aspects, I'm perfectly fine with them being alluded to in a sequel even if it is not directly related to them. On the other hand, if there is no such allusion, I would then disregard the other media format as non-canon regardless of "word of God."

I tend to separate the stories of most anime and their manga version. I don't regard one as better than the other but I won't combine the canon either. Trigun for example, I consider Wolfwood to be Wolfwood in the anime and the Chapel Impostor in the manga, while I also consider Chapel the Evergreen and Caine the Longshot to be canon members of the Gung-ho Guns in the anime whereas in the manga, I accept that Chapel is the leader of the Eye of Michael and Elendira is the final member of the Gung-ho Guns. There is one case in this particular story for which I prefer the manga version. Zazie the Beast is far more interesting in the manga than in the anime.

Quindiana Jones
08-11-2012, 05:03 AM
I think they were fairly complete stories in themselves. I'm not averse to a sequel for either, but I'd rather just have other films of their quality.

Del Murder
08-11-2012, 05:21 AM
Incredibles yes, Wall-E no.

Bunny
08-11-2012, 05:34 AM
A Wall-E sequel would have to be incredibly forced as the story within that specific universe, or with those specific characters is more or less finished. The Incredibles would lend itself rather well to a sequel though.

As for which I'd rather see, the answer is neither. I want new movies.

Shiny
08-11-2012, 05:44 AM
Seconded.

I would love to see the little baby slightly more grown up using his powers.

Mercen-X
08-11-2012, 06:47 AM
A prequel to Monsters, Inc. is in development.

WALL-E left me with the impression that there were far more ships out there than simply the Axiom. An automated video advertisement motion-activated as WALL-E rolled by stated that starliners were leaving the planet "everyday." The president was still on Earth when we issued order A113 to Auto. There are other unanswered questions. Sufficed to say, concluding Earth's rehabilitation is not my interest in a continuation to the story which has neither been confirmed NOR denied outright.

Madame Adequate
08-11-2012, 06:54 AM
WALL-E 2 wouldn't need a plot. It would just need to have WALL-E and EVE being absolutely heartbreakingly adorable.

Tigmafuzz
08-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Seconded.

I would love to see the little baby slightly more grown up using his powers.

That is the exact reasoning I was going to use to agree. That baby is totally awesome at the end of the movie and in the short animation based on his time with the babysitter. I would love to see him older.

A prequel to Monsters, Inc. is in development.

Random fact time: the real name of the girl (Boo) is actually Mary. She's also voiced by a Mary.

WALL-E left me with the impression that there were far more ships out there than simply the Axiom. An automated video advertisement motion-activated as WALL-E rolled by stated that starliners were leaving the planet "everyday." The president was still on Earth when we issued order A113 to Auto. There are other unanswered questions. Sufficed to say, concluding Earth's rehabilitation is not my interest in a continuation to the story which has neither been confirmed NOR denied outright.

"Leaving everyday" could mean sending more small individual pods to the single large ship they managed to create. Realistically (lol realism in animated movies) it would be damn near impossible to either create a ship of that size or manage to get it out of the atmosphere once built.

But anyway. I don't want there to be WALL-E remake. It's already fine the way it is. It's a love story between Johnny 5 and a floating robo-penguin set in a universe akin to Idiocracy. There's nowhere to go but down.

Trumpet Thief
08-11-2012, 10:12 AM
The Pixar movie that I most wanted to get a sequel (besides Toy Story) was Monster's Inc., and since a prequel is in the works, I am very, very happy.

That said, The Incredibles could use a sequel as well.

Shauna
08-11-2012, 07:29 PM
The Incredibles could be cool with a sequel, there's other things that could be explored. However, I don't feel that Wall-E does at all, for similar reasons as people have mentioned in the thread already.

But, in the end I would like new movies, not sequels and whatnot. :3

Arizona Lively
08-12-2012, 11:14 PM
advertisement stated starliners were leaving "everyday."

"Leaving everyday" could mean sending more small individual pods to the single large ship they managed to create. Realistically it would be damn near impossible to either create a ship of that size or manage to get it out of the atmosphere once built. Well, I think I heard someone mention the Axiom as being the largest ship Buy&Large made and you're wright, it wouldbe hard for them to get it out of the atmosphere. From a trekkees pov, it's more likely the Axiom was built out in space like those giant satlelites and pods would be sent up to dock with them. But, I feel I have to point out there was at least one docking bay we were shown and it had no "starliners" (at least none resembling the advertisement mentioned) in the hangar. The ship that transported Eva seems to only transport those probes and looks to have no cabin space for human beings. OF course, we didn't really see much of the insides I suppose.

My feeling is that the most unrealistic parts of the movie were the lightspeed travel to Earth that only minutely affected the wobbly people of the Axiom and then the landing of the ship on Earth. There's no way that ship, which looked to be at least nearly the size of texas or california, could land on the planet as perfectly as it did. Thrusters would never ben able to provide that amount of support.

Amyway, I feel the point being made about a sequel (hell, I don't even want to call it that) is that there's supposed to be more people out and about somewhere. Maybe the next movie won't be called WALL=E (but then, why hell would anywone watch it?) but it could be about the struggles of other colonies either on ships or on other planets. You know what I think would be neat though (I know you'll hate me for suggesting this becuase robots don't preocrate,) But I think it would be neat though to see WALL-E's descendants : a bunch of a little WALL-Eve's running about crunching stuff down and blowing stuff up. They could just make a short like with that torch roobt!

But anyway. I don't want there to be WALL-E remake. It's already fine the way it is. It's a love story between Johnny 5 and a floating robo-penguin set in a universe akin to Idiocracy. There's nowhere to go but down. Did anyane say anything about a remake? Who are you'/ talking about

Mercen-X
08-13-2012, 01:54 AM
There's no way that ship, which looked to be at least nearly the size of texas or california, could land on the planet as perfectly as it did. Thrusters would never ben able to provide that amount of support.

I would guess that the Axiom is more likely the size of a large city. Something like Delhi, India (573 sqmi) which is still not nearly large enough to supply let alone carry the entire population of the planet Earth, even if we're just talking "the surviving population". Even in the worst imaginable case scenario at the supposed "End of the world", there's a 89.8% reliable guarantee that at least 1/8 of the world's population will survive. That's still roughly the entire population of Africa... being squeezed together onto the Axiom. Those people sure don't look like they're being tightly packed. I know. I'm taking this too seriously just because I want more. Whatever.

AL is right. It doesn't have to be WALL-E. It can be called something else and simply make references to WALL-E, like through talk of the Axiom, Operation Clean-up, or Buy&Large. But there was more to this "story" than just a naive love between two robots.

Shorty
08-13-2012, 07:50 PM
WALL-E 2 wouldn't need a plot. It would just need to have WALL-E and EVE being absolutely heartbreakingly adorable.

I would go see WALL-E 2 for these reasons. Pixar does a good job with it's stories and I'm sure I wouldn't be disappointed.

Tigmafuzz
08-14-2012, 05:42 AM
But anyway. I don't want there to be WALL-E remake. It's already fine the way it is. It's a love story between Johnny 5 and a floating robo-penguin set in a universe akin to Idiocracy. There's nowhere to go but down. Did anyane say anything about a remake? Who are you'/ talking about

I meant sequel. Give me a break, I'm sleep deprived and drunk ;_;

Shlup
08-14-2012, 11:34 AM

For realsies. The Incredibles was left very open for a sequel and I would like to see one. Wall-E wasn't, but I wouldn't mind one. I have no problem with ignoring terrible sequels and remakes.

Jinx
08-15-2012, 04:12 PM
I've never seen Wall-E.

I really, REALLY would love a sequel to The Incredibles. Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't make one. I expected them to, and it was very open for another one.

While I'm excited that Monsters, Inc. is getting a prequel, I'd rather it have gotten a sequel. Prequels kind of bore me, because I want to see the story expanded

Mercen-X
08-15-2012, 05:12 PM
For the Incredibles, I think they tried to make some video game sequel for the PC or something.

For Monsters, Inc. I do have a difficult time imagining where the story can go now that the Monsters are just making kids laugh. Maybe the prequel should include a special short on the DVD that shows Sully and Boo hanging out again, you know, after Mike had the door repaired.

ReloadPsi
08-15-2012, 10:10 PM
"No" and "Eh, I preferred Megamind" respectively.

Tigmafuzz
08-16-2012, 12:43 AM
I've never seen Wall-E.

>what

For Monsters, Inc. I do have a difficult time imagining where the story can go now that the Monsters are just making kids laugh. Maybe the prequel should include a special short on the DVD that shows Sully and Boo hanging out again, you know, after Mike had the door repaired.

Random fact: Boo's real name is Mary.

Mercen-X
08-16-2012, 02:31 AM
"No" and "Eh, I preferred Megamind" respectively.
Megamind! Ooh! That needs a sequel!

Random fact: You are a repetitive nit.

Tigmafuzz
08-16-2012, 11:47 AM

Mercen-X
08-16-2012, 05:41 PM

Random guess: Fake boobs produce saline-flavored milk.

Christmas
05-16-2022, 10:31 AM
WALL-E!! I like those fat ppl leaving there little chair and rebuild the planet! :bigsmile:

Also the incredibles had a sequel. :|