PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Shaves

Hollycat
08-13-2012, 04:08 AM
http://www.howstrange.webspace.virginmedia.com/jesus_shaves.jpg
Yeah, so I don't like shaving.
I have no problem with trimming my beard (such as it is) but I hate shaving, especially since I look great with a beard.

Jiro
08-13-2012, 06:23 AM
:hahaha: :jiro:

Trumpet Thief
08-13-2012, 09:08 AM
It's tough for me to leave the house without shaving. My facial hair tends to grow really fast, and I much prefer to be clean-shaven.

On top of that, I feel my 'mini-beard' to the point of getting distracted when I do decide to grow it out.

Shlup
08-13-2012, 11:28 AM
I hate shaving too. Girls shouldn't have to shave; it's stupid. Facial hair greatly affects a guy's appearance; my armpit hair does not.

Sephex
08-13-2012, 11:55 AM
I usually get lazy and have mad stubble going on at one point every week. The way it feels eventually bothers me to the point where I feel I have to shave before doing anything else.

Clo
08-13-2012, 12:43 PM
I hate shaving my legs. But I hate not shaving my legs.

The one and only problem with being female.

Slothy
08-13-2012, 12:53 PM
I hate shaving too. Girls shouldn't have to shave; it's stupid. Facial hair greatly affects a guy's appearance; my armpit hair does not.

That kind of depends on how many layers of clothing you're wearing now doesn't it?

Pumpkin
08-13-2012, 01:14 PM
I shave about every day to two days but yeah, not fun.

Agent Proto
08-13-2012, 01:27 PM
I haven't shaved in over a month, actually. I did have it trimmed when I went to get a haircut last time, and that's about it. I do have a nice beard growing, and so far I have received no complaints about it! I'm guessing this is good.

blackmage_nuke
08-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Ive only shaved once in my life four years ago and havent bothered to do it again since. Firstly because my facial hair grows very slowly and secondly because I like how it makes my face look more round.

Fynn
08-13-2012, 02:02 PM
I shave once a week. But I really don't like it. But that's not because I have a bitchin' beard, quite the contrary - my stubble seems almost non-existant. But I still have to shave, since it's still there. That's the lamest part about all this - I can barely see it, so I can probably never grow a real beard, and yet still I have to shave it...

Bubba
08-13-2012, 02:50 PM
I look horrible cleanly shaven and a bit too scruffy with a full beard. I just keep a nice level of stubble.

The ladies love the stubble. So I've heard...

Jinx
08-13-2012, 02:55 PM
I shave my legs every other day in the summer, and hardly ever in the winter. I wear dresses a lot in the winter, though (just with tights) so I'll shave them then. Or if I'm going swimming.

Shaving sucks.

escobert
08-13-2012, 03:35 PM
I don't shave. I trim my facial hair about once every week or two (depending on how lazy I feel).

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-13-2012, 04:49 PM
I shave my face every day to ensure a professional look and so that my gas mask will properly seal over my face in case of such an emergency.

Quindiana Jones
08-13-2012, 05:09 PM
I have a beard trimmer to trim my beard, and an electric shaver to shave the non-bearded parts of my face through electrical means.

Psychotic
08-13-2012, 06:17 PM
I fucking hate shaving. What is the point of it? It's just going to grow back again and again.

Shorty
08-13-2012, 07:00 PM

qft

fire_of_avalon
08-14-2012, 03:18 AM
I am a really lazy shaver. If I know that I have no reason to expose my legs for months on end, I just won't shave for months on end. And I don't give a shit either. If you don't like it you don't have to look at them or rub them or even ever know about them.

NorthernChaosGod
08-14-2012, 03:59 AM

Yes it does, especially in California. You should know that. Also, while naked.

I fucking hate shaving so much. I'm not even that big a fan of trimming my beard, I wish I could just grow a gnarly beard and never touch a blade to it.

Tigmafuzz
08-14-2012, 04:59 AM
Shaving is a waste of time and energy that I could be spending making .gifs about facial hair.

http://i.imgur.com/5X1z1.gif

Jiro
08-14-2012, 05:09 AM
That's enchanting.

Quindiana Jones
08-14-2012, 05:12 AM
That's actually what Shlup's pits look like as well.

Faris
08-14-2012, 05:17 AM
Having fair hair is awesome because I only have to shave my beard legs a lot less often than if they were dark.

My only annoyance with shaving is how time consuming it is and missing a spot. Oh three hairs on my knee, how on earth did I miss you. NEXT TIME YOU WILL BE MINE!

Tigmafuzz
08-14-2012, 05:35 AM
Having fair hair is awesome because I only have to shave my beard legs a lot less often than if they were dark.

My only annoyance with shaving is how time consuming it is and missing a spot. Oh three hairs on my knee, how on earth did I miss you. NEXT TIME YOU WILL BE MINE!

I hate when I look in the mirror and some of my beard hairs are blonde or red and they contrast with the brown so they stand out... I occasionally get the urge to pluck them all individually but I'm far too lazy to spend my valuable time doing something like that.

Pike
08-14-2012, 10:28 AM
That feel when you have a freaking Snow White complextion
That feel when your hair is super noticeable because it's so dark and contrasts against your pale skin

http://plus4chan.org/b/baw/src/133572225343.jpg

Pheesh
08-14-2012, 10:38 AM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m822bdJ4591r6hz0yo1_500.jpg

Shlup
08-14-2012, 11:40 AM

That kind of depends on how many layers of clothing you're wearing now doesn't it?
No.

Yes it does, especially in California. You should know that. Also, while naked.
NO.

That's actually what Shlup's pits look like as well.
I wish.

Rantz
08-14-2012, 11:43 AM

Missing a spot is the worst thing ever. I do it way too often and then it bothers me alllll day long.

Cuchulainn
08-14-2012, 12:48 PM

I think you may be overlooking another gaping problem. You lot have an almost complete lack of penis.

Quindiana Jones
08-14-2012, 12:51 PM
That is more than made up for by an ample bosom.

Clo
08-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Pfft. My balls are so big that god put them on my chest.

I was also being sarcastic. And strap-ons.

Quindiana Jones
08-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Women really do get the best of everything. :(

Loony BoB
08-14-2012, 02:07 PM
I shave with cold water at the moment (our hot tap in the bathroom broke - getting it fixed next week) and have done so before on many occasions. I don't use soap or foam or gel. I just wet the razor and shave away. Never cut myself. Don't understand how others do. What do you do? Shave into your face instead of along it?

Quindiana Jones
08-14-2012, 02:15 PM
I've cut myself twice while shaving with a wet razor. The first time, I was moving my hand up to my cheek when it randomly spazzed out and cut my just under my eye. The second, I was shaving around my hilariously oversized Adam's apple whilst whistling a really nice melody that I just didn't want to stop. So yeah, none of the traditional accidents here.

Jessweeee♪
08-14-2012, 03:22 PM
My skin is mega sensitive, so I haaaaate shaving. Crazy razor burn. You know those dudes in high school that never had to shave because they had a doctor's note? I would have had that doctor's note if I were a man. It's not a problem with my legs if I take all the necessary precautions and don't expose them to the beach, but in spots where the hair is thick like my armpits or lady place it's almost impossible to prevent :(

Quindiana Jones
08-14-2012, 03:25 PM
You know those dudes in high school that never had to shave because they had a doctor's note?

Wait, what?

Cuchulainn
08-14-2012, 03:34 PM
I don't shave. I run like fuck through thorn bushes.

Loony BoB
08-14-2012, 03:47 PM
You know those dudes in high school that never had to shave because they had a doctor's note?

Wait, what?
My thoughts exactly. We were not obligated to shave at my high school.

Quindiana Jones
08-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Or presumably at any secondary school with even the most rudimentary understanding of a) liberty and b) puberty.

Jessweeee♪
08-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Seriously? The vice principal of my high school would drag boys to a sink and hand them a razor and then stand there until they shaved. They did this to my brother and he just had a teensy bit of peach fuzz! I think most high schools in my country are like that. Or at least in the states of Texas and Illinois xD

Quindiana Jones
08-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Could you tell me this person's name and the name of the high school so that I can get in on the massacre trend?

NorthernChaosGod
08-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Seriously? The vice principal of my high school would drag boys to a sink and hand them a razor and then stand there until they shaved. They did this to my brother and he just had a teensy bit of peach fuzz! I think most high schools in my country are like that. Or at least in the states of Texas and Illinois xD

That is the most retarded thing I've heard of coming out of a high school.

Slothy
08-14-2012, 07:03 PM

You know, when I was in high school I was a good student, stayed out of trouble, all that jazz. But you know what? Had a principle had the audacity to haul me to a bathroom and try to force me to shave I would have gladly taken some detention or suspension just to tell him to go fuck himself and walk away.

Clo
08-14-2012, 07:06 PM

Uh. Yeah. Teacher, here. They can't do that. And that is really weird.

Jessweeee♪
08-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Well he wouldn't literally drag them in there. It was like "come with me, sir" and you could shave or be written up for the dress code violation. It's weird because they were really relaxed about long hair as long as you weren't in some sort of athletic activity.

NorthernChaosGod
08-14-2012, 08:55 PM
In high school I had a beard and long hair when I played lacrosse. They could eat a bag of dicks if they would have tried to tell me how to look.

Raistlin
08-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Jessweee: I have never heard of that, and I think it's far more rare than you realize. And I'm pretty sure public schools legally can't force people to shave.

I hate shaving because it's effort and I'm lazy. But my facial hair grows in super fast and thick, so I have the manly stubble look for approximately one day until I just look like a scruffy hobo.

Freya
08-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Yeah Jessweeee, I moved a lot from texas, wyoming and now to oklahoma and i have never encountered that o.o

Jessweeee♪
08-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Going to a school where they make you shave seems to be a thing common with most people I know! I guess it's just coincidentally the areas I've been in :confused:

Quindiana Jones
08-14-2012, 10:41 PM
I think that Jess' town might be afflicted by the "Goodnight, Sweetheart" effect, so all the kids have found themselves going to Hitler Youth classes.

Tigmafuzz
08-14-2012, 11:21 PM

I have never once heard of that. That is horrible. What the fuck is wrong with your vice principal?

blackmage_nuke
08-15-2012, 12:48 AM
They forced guys to shave at my school as well. I still think it was ridiculous.

Tigmafuzz
08-15-2012, 01:45 AM
They forced guys to shave at my school as well. I still think it was ridiculous.

I still think it sounds illegal.

Sephex
08-15-2012, 03:26 AM

Illinois, here. There is no High School in my area that makes you shave. Not saying you are lying, but that didn't happen in any schools surrounding where I live by a WIDE margin.

I'm also very weirded out by the thought of that. The only way I can think of it being legal (in a public school) is that the school put the shaving rule in the dress code, which most likely ties to some sort of state or federal law of obeying dress codes. Again, I am just guessing, so if I am way off please don't throw 8 paragraphs at me and a bunch of links.

Raistlin
08-15-2012, 05:10 AM
I still think an outright ban on facial hair would likely fail First Amendment scrutiny, largely for the possible array of religious and social reasons for facial hair. Schools are given wide latitude to create and enforce dress codes, but they cannot ban whatever they want. See Tinker v. Des Moines (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinker_v._Des_Moines_Independent_Community_School_District). Still, someone would have to care enough to challenge it.

If my high school had that rule, I would have been in trouble basically every day. I shaved maybe once or twice a week, and looked like my usual scruffy hobo self most of the rest of the time.

Jiro
08-15-2012, 06:17 AM
That's idiotic. Having beards in high school was like the ultimate sign of masculinity. Our teachers and some students -- the truly hobo like ones -- often competed to grow beards.

Quindiana Jones
08-15-2012, 08:22 AM
My friend at secondary school was a bear. The Demon Vice Principal would most likely have shot him on site if he set foot in his school.

blackmage_nuke
08-15-2012, 09:52 AM

I still think it sounds illegal.

I think if you cried religion you could get away with it but the guys who were very obviously not sikh or something had to do it.

Shiny
08-15-2012, 09:59 AM
I'd rather just be reborn with hair only on my head and crotch. I don't like when people shave areas that look gross and/or pre-pubescent without hair on it. If you look good and even better with facial hair then why shave?

Tigmafuzz
08-15-2012, 08:03 PM
I'd rather just be reborn with hair only on my head and crotch.

Old Manus
08-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Well he wouldn't literally drag them in there.Phew, I was worried that rights were being violated for a moment!

I wet shave with foam/gel/waterbased face-razor medium because electric shavers give you a pale imitation of what a shave should actually be, and they require cleaning and all sorts of mundane maintenance. My facial hair is pretty thick and akin to wire wool, so if I use any more than one blade it ends up in blades getting stuck, hair getting ripped out, and cuts everywhere. God knows how bad it would be if I didn't use foam (@BoB). I tried shaving in the shower once but ended up coming out with huge areas I'd missed, so I don't understand why you would do that.

Jessweeee♪
08-15-2012, 10:05 PM
I thought with in loco parentis schools could trample all over your rights as they damn well pleased :confused:

Clo
08-16-2012, 05:22 AM
No. Your school was weird and the parents surprisingly non-whiney. Parents rule the schools.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Well he wouldn't literally drag them in there. It was like "come with me, sir" and you could shave or be written up for the dress code violation. It's weird because they were really relaxed about long hair as long as you weren't in some sort of athletic activity.

Just to chime in, in South Carolina I've never heard of anything like that coming up. We had kids with facial hair at my school, and I ran track/cross country/soccer with long hair. Nothing was ever mentioned. I also don't think it's very common. Maybe your VP was old school, and it was just accepted because the parents didn't mind? :confused:

I could see it being more likely at something like a private school.