PDA

View Full Version : Optic Illusion

Mercen-X
08-13-2012, 04:40 PM
I have a DVD balanced on my phone about 14 inches away from my head sitting on the table on a small stack of magazines. I don't know why, but I glanced over at it. Here's where it gets weird. I had to KEEP staring at it because I could swear it was tilting down and slipping off of my phone. It wouldn't have meant anything other than my phone being slippery but I couldn't fathom how after a half-hour, suddenly the DVD would start slipping now. But the longer it took to fall, the more I considered: is this real? I had to take into account the edge of the DVD in comparison to the edge of the magazine beneath it. It had never moved at all! My eyes were being tricky due to a change in focus.

Aside from my mother having a case of vertigo, I've also encountered multiple moments of seeing something move that hadn't moved.

Anyone else experience something of the like?

Tigmafuzz
08-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Have you ever lied down and closed your eyes and felt like you could sense the world spinning? That feeling when everything just seems to move around you for no reason?

...Ever have that happen during sex? While standing? Because that happened this morning.

Optical illusions, though, do not occur often for me.

Old Manus
08-13-2012, 06:45 PM
I have a DVD balanced on my phone about 14 inches away from my head sitting on the table on a small stack of magazines. I don't know why, but I glanced over at it. Here's where it gets weird. I had to KEEP staring at it because I could swear it was tilting down and slipping off of my phone. It wouldn't have meant anything other than my phone being slippery but I couldn't fathom how after a half-hour, suddenly the DVD would start slipping now. But the longer it took to fall, the more I considered: is this real? I had to take into account the edge of the DVD in comparison to the edge of the magazine beneath it. It had never moved at all! My eyes were being tricky due to a change in focus.woah dude

Shorty
08-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Optical illusions hurt my eyes.

Jinx
08-14-2012, 01:28 AM
Optical illusions hurt my eyes.

The title of this thread hurts my eyes.

Jiro
08-14-2012, 03:28 AM
This shit only happens when I'm drunk.

Sephex
08-14-2012, 03:59 AM
I like those picture books in the mall. You know, the ones with pics of schooners.