PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry Reboot.

ScottyRedXIII
08-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Do we think it will be good or bad? I loves the original series, and even number 4 was pretty decent, but it seems capcom have pulled the plug on the old dMc and giving Dante a whole new look and story.

But is it a reboot? is it a prequel? or is it Just Capcom giving it a change up?

krissy
08-14-2012, 04:01 PM
it's gonna be pretty good

Freya
08-15-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm actually looking forward to it! But then, I love the Devil may cry series no matter what heh

ScottyRedXIII
08-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Apparently it's set in a parallel Universe in the series, so the old Dante still exists? Just not in the reality of this new game?

Jiro
08-16-2012, 06:29 AM
In this one, Dante started wearing skinny jeans and really got into emo music. But seriously, it should be fun. Changing such a well known character was always going to be risky but I hope they back it up with a quality game.

Shauna
08-16-2012, 02:24 PM
It will probably be a perfectly fun game to play. I just don't get why they couldn't just introduce a new character, rather than "rebooting" Dante. :3

Jiro
08-16-2012, 02:36 PM
People seemed to lose their shit over Nero iirc. I think they decided a different approach.

krissy
08-16-2012, 02:59 PM
i prefer to think of it as a reboot. but it could very well just be taking place before dmc3.

personally i have yet to see a trailer/game clip of this that i DON'T like. it's stylish in the way i like.

let's be honest, 1 and 3 were the good ones. and if you keep a series doing the same thing over and over, eventually it'll get old. the only dante that really seemed to exhibit character depth was dmc3 dante to me, so i like where they're going with this.

Shauna
08-16-2012, 04:41 PM
People seemed to lose their shit over Nero iirc. I think they decided a different approach.

It worked well for them, I think. The internet has not been up in arms about this new idea at all!

No wait, that other one. :p

krissy
08-16-2012, 04:50 PM
and being up in arms was always a stupid response
every time i saw the word 'emo' in a youtube post when the first trailer came out i wanted to cut the poster
cut them right up
but i should stop reading youtube comments

Mercen-X
08-16-2012, 05:44 PM
"You want to play the new game, the new Devil May Cry Reboot game? Then buy the system!" That's the voice in my head.

DMKA
08-17-2012, 03:34 AM
I thought it was a reboot, but I haven't kept up with it in the last six or so months. Apparently it's set in a parallel universe to the other games and it really is a younger version of the same Dante. But who cares about the absurd story in any of the Devil May Cry games?

It looks fun, though I'm not sure what they were thinking with Dante's redesign. It's just so radically different.

ScottyRedXIII
08-18-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm starting to like the look of it, and it's true you don't really have to pay attention to the story to enjoy a dMc game, as long as the fighting system is good then I'll be happy.