PDA

View Full Version : Lather Me With Sunscreen

Shiny
08-15-2012, 09:45 AM
http://6.mshcdn.com/wp-content/gallery/20-things-your-most-annoying-friends-do-on-facebook/Humblebrag.jpg

When is the last time you humbly bragged?

krissy
08-15-2012, 04:20 PM
mine are too! sunburnt thighs buddies 4 lyfe!

Loony BoB
08-15-2012, 04:34 PM
I don't mean to brag, but did you know that I'm an administrator at a prominent video gaming franchise online message board? Well, I put a question mark, but... ;D

Shorty
08-15-2012, 05:42 PM
I humbly bragged on facebook recently about taking three minutes off my mile from the last time I clocked myself and fitting into an old pair of board shorts that I didn't used to be able to fit in.

Citizen Bleys
08-15-2012, 06:11 PM
I do not humbly brag. I say things like "I understand the things Geordi LaForge says. Levar Burton doesn't understand the things Geordi LaForge says." or "Well, not everyone can be as awesome as me."

Clo
08-15-2012, 06:14 PM
If I posted on FB whenever I was hit on, then that's all everyone's news feed would be.

^ humbly bragging.

Pike
08-15-2012, 07:08 PM
I've been hit on twice in my life. Once from a special needs guy and once from a homeless guy. And the homeless guy was hitting on every girl within earshot so it doesn't really count. :monster:

Clo
08-15-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm going to assume your boyfriend hit on you at one point, unless it went down like a business transaction.

Pike
08-15-2012, 07:11 PM
Well I figure boyfriends are a given so they don't really count. xD

Jowy
08-15-2012, 07:14 PM
That gave me a fantastic mental picture involving lots of paperwork being laid out like tax time. Anything I accomplish regularly worth bragging about is either relative to my job or a very niche hobby most people have no knowledge of.

Sephex
08-15-2012, 07:26 PM
I only brag at any level with minor accomplishments. I'm one of those people that doesn't like to pat himself on the back too often.

Laddy
08-15-2012, 09:54 PM
I have to be accomplished to brag.

Jessweeee♪
08-15-2012, 10:01 PM
I'll brag about anything.

NorthernChaosGod
08-15-2012, 11:28 PM
Wtf is humble bragging? I boast like a motherfucker.

Jiro
08-16-2012, 12:15 AM
I like to celebrate my accomplishments quietly.

Mercen-X
08-16-2012, 01:48 AM
If anyone ever hit on me at any one point in my life, I would brag about it.

My cousin once told me a slut from around her neighborhood was checking me out when I had come up for a visit. I had completely oblivious but flattered to boot. My cousin called her a bitch for scoping me out. She claimed it was becuase the chick was a slut and I could do better... but I wonder...

Saying aloud to anyone sounds like bragging even though it's not worth bragging about unless you're sick and perverted but... my 10-year-old cousin has a crush on me. I wouldn't mention it except, no one else in my life (related or not) has ever had a crush on me. I make myself sad.

Jiro
08-16-2012, 06:06 AM
Dude I think your cousins all might have a freaky weird thing for you and that's why there was all this "oh she's a slut" nonsense tossed about. Stay away from family luncheons.

Shlup
08-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Right now!

There are a lot of weird old men at my work. One of them totally walked way closer to me than necessary in an attempt to brush up against my boob. I dodged him but a few moments later he chatted me up and made an excuse to hug me out of it.

More recently, I was touching something and another middle-aged dude was like "What are you doing?" and I was like "Touching this. I like touching things." and he's all "Heh, she likes touching things." He said that a lot of times. He also said I made his day because I asked him if he knew what a dinglehopper was and he said it was the same as a dingleberry. He was laughing and saying "dingleberry" over and over as he left the store. I would like to meet this dude's dealer.

Do those stories count? I found them amusing.

Iceglow
08-16-2012, 10:54 AM
lmao I boast about my feats and conquests. They become the stuff of legends. Psy, loves it and Dan feel's let down if I don't have a new story after a night out. I feel like a God at times to these mere peons :D

Rantz
08-16-2012, 12:44 PM
There are a lot of weird old men at my work. One of them totally walked way closer to me than necessary in an attempt to brush up against my boob. I dodged him but a few moments later he chatted me up and made an excuse to hug me out of it.

Ahh, the "accidental" boob grace. What a legend.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-16-2012, 04:49 PM

Ahh, the "accidental" boob grace. What a legend.

I feel sorry for ladies at concerts. You can observe so many random hands and arms "accidentally" touching strange boobs and asses.

Mercen-X
08-16-2012, 05:24 PM
One of my older cousins has called me "sexy." ...he's... just being weird. :eyebrow:

A cougar gave me a once-over... but she seemed to be puffing on the MJ, so I doubt that counts. :eep:

A friend of a friend sat next to me at a birthday party and didn't recoil when I touched her. :|

Every girl I've ever had nerve enough to ask out agreed to go out with me. That's like, six girls. :)
Three of those girls hinted or told me outright we'd just be friends. :eep:

I don't remember the point of this post. :confused:

Shiny
08-16-2012, 06:03 PM
What IS a dinglehopper?

krissy
08-16-2012, 06:13 PM
http://files.chesscomfiles.com/images_users/tiny_mce/nestor75/fork.jpg

Mercen-X
08-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Little Mermaid!

Quindiana Jones
08-17-2012, 01:02 AM
"Hey there, ladies. I measure mine in centimetres to make it sound bigger. :smug:"

Rostum
08-17-2012, 01:29 AM
Either I've never been hit on before, or I'm just too daft to notice it happening.

Tigmafuzz
08-17-2012, 02:00 AM
I get hit on ridiculously often.

...But usually by gay guys :(

Pike
08-17-2012, 10:28 AM
"Hey there, ladies. I measure mine in centimetres to make it sound bigger. :smug:"

"Mine is so large it stretches all the way from A to Z on the keyboard /smug wait, shit"

Clo
08-17-2012, 01:22 PM
I wish I never got hit on. Don't really want the attention of all the creepz.

I live in a city and walk a lot, and it's impossible to walk anywhere without some asshole leaning out his car and revealing what a swell intelligent person he is.

Pike
08-17-2012, 11:57 PM
I wish I never got hit on. Don't really want the attention of all the creepz.

I live in a city and walk a lot, and it's impossible to walk anywhere without some asshole leaning out his car and revealing what a swell intelligent person he is.

This has never happened to me. One more bonus to looking and dressing like an autistic. :cool:

Madame Adequate
08-18-2012, 12:19 AM
I'm going to assume your boyfriend hit on you at one point, unless it went down like a business transaction.

I carefully, and with the involvement of lawyers on both sides, negotiate times for affection and times for playing videogames with her.

Pike
08-18-2012, 12:22 AM

I carefully, and with the involvement of lawyers on both sides, negotiate times for affection and times for playing videogames with her.

We have to do this because otherwise we end up lamenting how casual we are for not playing vidya when we cuddle. No, really

Jiro
08-18-2012, 02:31 AM
No, really. They do. It's fucking weird.

Quindiana Jones
08-18-2012, 04:37 AM
You people sicken me. I'm not sure if it's because that's so sweet or if I'm just plain ol' disgusted.

Mercen-X
08-18-2012, 05:13 AM
I get hit on ridiculously often.

...But usually by gay guys :(I wouldn't mind gay guys hitting on me. I get no attention from human beings in general.

Don't really want the attention of all the creepz.Admittedly, I would also lament that predicament, but as I've said, other human beings ignore me.