PDA

View Full Version : Fraps And Such

Pike
08-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Back in the day I used to FRAPS a bunch of random WoW raid encounters and such so now my YouTube channel is littered with really old WoW videos that I made years ago.

Did anyone else do this?

Sephex
08-16-2012, 01:29 AM
I TIRED to, but then the program wanted $30. Everywhere else I looked for a free version was obvious virus/spyware crap, so I gave up.

Having said that, I have recorded a couple of typical Let's Plays on my YouTube Channel. I was sure to sound awkward for maximum damage. I did a LP of...

*Super Star Wars
*Super Empire Strikes Back
*Terminator 2 (NES)

And then I have a couple of Let's Play parodies, like the Tetris Walkthrough I posted in Relm's Studio and the Mega Man 2 Half-Assed Walkthrough.

Alpha2099
08-16-2012, 03:11 AM
I've thought about it, but haven't really gotten anywhere with it. If possible, I would prefer to use recording software that comes with my emulators, even though that means using something else for PC games. To this point, the only video I've made is this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sESFyTNskSo&list=UUVk8Y_sYYBRP-vx0CD07v4Q&index=1&feature=plcp) showing the final battle of Shining in the Darkness.

Iceglow
08-16-2012, 04:28 AM
I've only ever used fraps for dwarf fortress which is funny because it seriously lags my laptop more than running dawn of war 2 in high resolution in a multiplayer co-op game does.

Jinx
08-21-2012, 01:52 PM
I like frappes.

Hollycat
08-21-2012, 01:54 PM
I like frappes.
I was thinking the same thing.

Pike, what is FRAPS, and does it contain coffee?

Mercen-X
08-24-2012, 04:45 AM
FRAP = Fire and Resource Assessment Program, Fluorescence recovery after photobleaching, Facilitated Risk Analysis Process, Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure, Ferric Reducing Ability of Plasma

More Likely = Frenetic Random Acts of Play, Frenectic Random Activity Period, or Frantic Running And Playing

Mirage
08-24-2012, 12:39 PM
It's a recording/screenshot/framerate/benchmark tool.

Tigmafuzz
08-24-2012, 01:34 PM
I never used Fraps, I always had a cracked version of Hypercam that I got from I have no idea where. I never really recorded much of anything though. Other people recorded our raids and such. I never got the appeal of it.

Raistlin
08-24-2012, 05:05 PM
I used to take some screenshots and the occasional recordings of various Ultima Online antics. I have absolutely no idea where they are now, though.

Tigmafuzz
08-29-2012, 04:12 PM
I have a bunch of Ultima Online and Anarchy Online screenshots from forever ago but I haven't come across any old videos anywhere. I must not have kept any of them over the years.

Raistlin
08-29-2012, 05:38 PM
I have a bunch of Ultima Online

+1 for having played UO.

Psychotic
08-29-2012, 06:07 PM
The Sims 2 and Dwarf Fortress. And lo, Psychotic did winneth the inaugral Beste Threade.