PDA

View Full Version : Oops!

Pike
08-17-2012, 01:45 AM

Driver swerves to avoid moose, hits bear - US news - Weird news - NBCNews.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48692851/ns/us_news-weird_news/t/driver-swerves-avoid-moose-hits-bear-instead/#.UC2T9qO07Wo)

Has this ever happened to you?

Alternatively, have you ever tried to fix something and just made it worse instead?

Rebellious Eagle
08-17-2012, 01:50 AM
It happens to me quite often. It really sucks, I must say.
But in all seriousness, I've tried forgiving an ex of mine and letting him back into my life as strictly a friend. This just made everything more awkward and pissed off my fiance. Oops...

Jiro
08-17-2012, 01:54 AM
I was filling out my time sheet the other day and noticed an error so I corrected it. I corrected it wrong again and basically kept fucking crossing things out until you couldn't tell what the hell was going on. So I got a new one and everything was smooth sailing. I tend to try and forget when I fuck up things :monster:

Tigmafuzz
08-17-2012, 02:07 AM
"Man attempts to fix sink, smashes water heater"

Quindiana Jones
08-17-2012, 02:10 AM
I wonder which one does more damage to your car? I mean, bears seem all chubby and fluffy and absorbent, whereas meese are essentially a solid block of your-puny-automobiles-mean-nothing-to-me-ness. Mythbusters are probably not allowed to answer my question. :(

Also, I'm sure that everyone has done something along these lines:

"Matt was disqualified dequalified unqualified, oh son of a bitch, disqualified for setting wild dogs on the other players."

Sephex
08-17-2012, 02:15 AM
I remember when I was a newbie at work, I tried to fix a part that was over bent so that my department wouldn't have to make a new one. I underestimated the...severity of shop hammers and hit the part way too hard. So yeah, I totally warped the part and everyone laughed at me.

I **** in their cereal later to have my revengeance.

Shorty
08-17-2012, 06:12 PM
In the driver's defense, hitting a moose would catastrophically wreck your car and most likely send you to the hospital. Hitting a bear would still be pretty nasty but not nearly as bad, and I'd rather hit a bear than a moose. If it's a deer, you don't swerve - you just let your car hit it. Moose - swerve that tit or you'll be dead.

I have never had to swerve for anything, thankfully!

Pike
08-18-2012, 12:23 AM
I had to swerve deer on my very first day of Driver's Ed.

WELCOME TO MONTANA

Goldenboko
08-18-2012, 12:33 AM
The other day while talking to a new co-worker I walked straight into a giant fan.

NorthernChaosGod
08-18-2012, 01:00 AM
I've had to swerve a couple of times for bunnies. There are always bunnies out at night near my best friend's house.

Bunny
08-18-2012, 01:19 AM
I've had to swerve a couple of times for bunnies. There are always bunnies out at night near my best friend's house.

My uncle knew a guy who swerved to avoid a bunny and hit a tree. Totaled the car. Never swerve.

NorthernChaosGod
08-18-2012, 01:46 AM
I don't want to kill a bunny. You of all people should understand that.

Jiro
08-18-2012, 02:30 AM
I had an owl try and land on my car once. While I was driving.

Quindiana Jones
08-18-2012, 04:38 AM
I once had a sparrow fly into the side of my head.

Mercen-X
08-23-2012, 01:08 AM
"Matt was disqualified disqualified disqualified, oh son of a bitch, disqualified for setting wild dogs on the other players."I do this frequently. I repeat a word again and again correctly while all along thinking I'm saying it wrong because this is the first time I've truly understood just how weird the word actually sounds.

The other day while talking to a new co-worker I walked straight into a giant fan.

What exactly do you do and what was this fan's name? I'm also assuming the fan was male as those collisions tend to be the most inconvenient for everybody. :jokey:

Raistlin
08-23-2012, 03:15 AM
I tried to fix my life and ended up at EoFF.