PDA

View Full Version : Round One!

Freya
08-17-2012, 07:43 AM
Welcome to Eyeson's Next Cid's Knight Cycle 3! If you've made it this far(shhh it's far :shifty:) than you're one step closer to becoming a Cid's Knight!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/Eyesonidol3.png

First off we would like to introduce you to Mog Blogs. "Mog Blogs" is our private confessional booth. Those in the competition can't see your threads in there but those outside of the competition can! Think of it as a private feedback for the comp. Feel free to use it to your hearts desire! Only one thread per round though unless specified otherwise.

To insure you understand all this, one of your first tasks is to create a Mog Blog thread. Title it "[Name]'s Round 1 [whatever nonsense you would like to put]" Just make sure your name and the round is specified unless told otherwise. It could be like "Freya's Party House 1" Or whatever you feel.

Within your Thread you'll need to answer a few simple questions. Make sure to at least have them two sentences long.

What makes a good member?
What makes a good CK?
What would you like to change about Eyeson to make it better?
What color would you prefer your CK tag to be? Such as the Leeza tag
If you were to be thrown into the thunderdome with one of the current staff, who would you go against and what would be your tactic?
What does FF(and EoFF) mean to you?

Just make a thread answering those few questions in the Mog Blog section for the first part of round one!

The second part of Round one. You must post 3 threads in the lower forums. They can't be in the same game forum, from the same generation(NES, SNES, etc) and they have to be relevant to the forum you posted in (no nonsense spam please!). That's not all! You have to post in 10 threads in the lower forums as well, not including yours. Within your Mog Blog thread, link your three threads as well as your ten posts.

There will be an immunity challenge this round but it's a secret! SHHHHH! Elimination depends on your answers and the quality of your threads/posts. We want CK's who like the FF games and are enthusiastic about them! Be good! The judges are watching!

I'm Freycrest, Signing out!

Quindiana Jones
08-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Just so you know, I can totally view and comment in other Squire's blog threads. :/

Goldenboko
08-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Can we have an approximate timetable in doing this? I'm moving twice this weekend, should I be spamming tonight to be done by Monday?

EDIT: Also what Quin said.

milliegoesbeep
08-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Me too, I can see other's blogs.

Loony BoB
08-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Let me know if that is still the case now, guys.

Jiro
08-17-2012, 01:23 PM
I thought I was special :(

milliegoesbeep
08-17-2012, 01:24 PM
​Fixed!

blackmage_nuke
08-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Making us post 10 in the lower forums is just plain unfair for people who actually frequent the lower forums and have already said what they wanted to say in those threads and would just be repeating themselves. The ones who dont frequent them regulary get the advantage of being able to throw in the two cents with which they have been scrooging away in the mind vaults.

I only have a moderate number of postings down there so it doesnt effect me too much but I felt I should express this in the spirit of game theory

Agent Proto
08-17-2012, 01:38 PM
I might have trouble with this first round if my computer is still acting up, which it is since apparently it got some malware virus :( This makes me a sad panda.

Jiro
08-17-2012, 01:46 PM
I agree with blackmage_nuke. But rules are rules, damn it, so get your sorry asses down there and start contributing. Lazy fuckers.

Loony BoB
08-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Making us post 10 in the lower forums is just plain unfair for people who actually frequent the lower forums and have already said what they wanted to say in those threads and would just be repeating themselves. The ones who dont frequent them regulary get the advantage of being able to throw in the two cents with which they have been scrooging away in the mind vaults.

I only have a moderate number of postings down there so it doesnt effect me too much but I felt I should express this in the spirit of game theory
If ten people made three threads each in this round (as every member is being instructed to do), then you would only need to post in a third of those threads in order to achieve this target.

Jiro
08-17-2012, 01:58 PM
With Rantz and Levian both gone from their roles as moderators, I think it's an important issue that we find the most Scandinavian candidates possible.

Freya
08-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Yes there shouldn't be a problem when there are 30 people making 90 threads. If you honestly have a problem making ten posts in the lower forums then, welp, I guess we know where you sit in the comp! :D

Agent Proto
08-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Yeah... I've decided I'm going to quit this contest. I need to focus on cleaning up my computer because of this trojan I suddenly got, and I'm also running that screen name tournament as well. Sorry to disappoint everyone!

Freya
08-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Awwwwwwwww. Alrighty Proto. I'm sure they'll get to removing your title as soon as they can.

Jiro
08-17-2012, 03:19 PM
That's a shame! Hopefully you can fix your computer issues though my friend!

blackmage_nuke
08-17-2012, 03:20 PM
One down.
That's a shame Proto.

Does general FF/General Squeenix count as lower forum?

Freya
08-17-2012, 03:22 PM
No. Since that's not really low anymore! MUAHHAHA Well unless it's a noteworthy thread really.

Jiro
08-17-2012, 03:24 PM
It's below the General Forums, I vote it should count!

Freya
08-17-2012, 03:28 PM
I don't want a bunch of lazy "Omg so who's your favorite villian" threads. :colbert: If it's inventive and noteworthy, I'll count it. If it's lazy and makes me want to punch you, I wont count it. BUT REALLY I have no say in the judgement. If you want to make them go ahead. IT's the CK's and admins who are judging your fate. I'm just the pretty host :D

Old Manus
08-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Is clogging up the lower boards with insincere threads with 0 posts that nobody really cares about really such a great idea?

Quindiana Jones
08-17-2012, 03:33 PM
I don't to sound too confident, but you guys are gonna have a tough time beating me. :smug:

Jiro
08-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Is clogging up the lower boards with insincere threads with 0 posts that nobody really cares about really such a great idea?

But you see they are forced to post in the threads too. It's a flawless plan. At worst I get to see who is shit at pretending to be enthused and can abuse them.

Freya
08-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Yeah that.

blackmage_nuke
08-17-2012, 03:59 PM

I actually felt this was a good excuse for me to post the threads I wanted to make earlier but felt might be borderline dull.

Jiro
08-17-2012, 04:01 PM
See that's where you have to stop, break down your insecurities and fears, and just post random inane threads until they start taking off. Welcome to Soup Dude, my greatest achievement and whose legacy I've never matched. BUT IT HAS TO BE DONE.

Slothy
08-17-2012, 04:05 PM
IT's the CK's and admins who are judging your fate. I'm just the pretty host :D

Why the hell aren't you a CK yet? Unless hosting this is your initiation test... :shifty:

Jiro
08-17-2012, 04:09 PM
She hasn't slept with MILF yet.

Freya
08-17-2012, 04:11 PM
IT's the CK's and admins who are judging your fate. I'm just the pretty host :D

Why the hell aren't you a CK yet? Unless hosting this is your initiation test... :shifty:
Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, have you seen any other active editors around? Didn't think so.

Sephex
08-17-2012, 05:27 PM
I shall do this later in the day. Too much to type for being on work, even on break!

Shorty
08-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Is there a timeline for round one? I'd prefer to not have to rush and risk getting sloppy. :/

Freya
08-17-2012, 06:40 PM
5 days at the least. We want everyone to be able to check in at least first.

Shorty
08-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Oh, plenty of time, darling :love:

Citizen Bleys
08-17-2012, 06:51 PM
The lower forums are all game-specific, but the Lounge and Writer's Corner don't count? Being a gamer at a game-based message board, I can't self-interestedly object to biasing the contest against non-gamers, but you would have just in one fell swoop excluded Del Snizz.

Well done.

Miss Lady Shelly
08-17-2012, 06:54 PM
Err... Sorry to disappoint but i don't think i have what it takes at this time so id like to remove myself from this competition.Ill try again in the future.

G13
08-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Is there a rule about wooing the host?

Because hey there. :smug:

Slothy
08-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Is there a rule about wooing the host?

Because hey there. :smug:

There's no rule about it as far as I know. But if you break Freya's heart just to try and become a CK I will break your legs and beat you to death with your own femur.

G13
08-17-2012, 07:57 PM
wtf is a CK? :confused:

Agent Proto
08-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Looks like I might as well play. My malware troubles with my computer has been resolved, so I'll at least make an attempt to get through this round if my Cid's Squire title hasn't already disappeared.

If it is gone... well, disregard this post and banish me from playing! D: Otherwise...

http://i.imgur.com/F5Uh1.png

Old Manus
08-17-2012, 09:56 PM
Proto just de-squired himself so he could read everyone else's blog threads and has returned with his insider info

Iceglow
08-18-2012, 01:37 AM
Is it time to begin my one man campaign to drop something on Psy's face? I believe it is!

Del Murder
08-18-2012, 01:55 AM
Is it time to begin my one man campaign to drop something on Psy's face? I believe it is!
Unfortunately you won't be able to do it in this task since Psy doesn't check the lower forums.

Jiro
08-18-2012, 01:56 AM
I am very glad to see Proto back to being just that... ace!

Jiro
08-18-2012, 04:02 AM
Dude I have no say in who makes it to the top xD

Mercen-X
08-18-2012, 04:04 AM
If ten people made three threads each in this round (as every member is being instructed to do), then you would only need to post in a third of those threads in order to achieve this target.
If you've already met the requirements (or most of them) recently (as in within days of the comp) do you still have to them again?

If the answer is yes, you deeply annoy me.

Jiro
08-18-2012, 04:29 AM
I think the answer is yes :greenie:

Honestly though, if you're posting down there anyway, then there's no need to complain! Just keep doing what you're doing!

Mercen-X
08-18-2012, 04:38 AM
Three new threads? Seriously? Do other people have to find them interesting enough to post in them?

Sephex
08-18-2012, 04:39 AM
I didn't count the posts or threads I made when I did Round 1. Had lots of fun!

Quindiana Jones
08-18-2012, 04:47 AM
I made a new thread in the FFXIV forum. It will be largely, if not entirely, ignored. Quite proud of the decision, really.

Citizen Bleys
08-18-2012, 04:49 AM
Three new threads? Seriously? Do other people have to find them interesting enough to post in them?

No, it is not easy to find something to say about a 20+-year-old videogame that one has not said in those 20+ years, but that's the freaking idea

If you want to make uninteresting threads, you have my blessing as a competitor.

Jiro
08-18-2012, 04:50 AM
There's always something to be said. The population here hasn't been stagnant. There's a hint in here, if you can find it.

Raistlin
08-18-2012, 06:35 AM
Sweet, I'm glad this is getting started. I was going to do my threads and posts tonight, but got distracted by EoEO. Tomorrow then!

Freya
08-18-2012, 09:14 AM
If you are having troubles posting about final fantasy on a final fantasy themed forum than you're gonna have a bad time as a moderator of a final fantasy forum. JUST SAYING.

Citizen Bleys
08-18-2012, 09:22 AM
If you are having troubles posting about final fantasy on a final fantasy themed forum than you're gonna have a bad time as a moderator of a final fantasy forum. JUST SAYING.

Thus do I refute thee: Del Snizz.

Quindiana Jones
08-18-2012, 10:00 AM
I hate to cause trouble, what with me being a responsible and calm influence on these fine forums etc., but I also resent and reject the implication that Final Fantasy knowledge is in any way necessary to moderate a Final Fantasy forum. Knowing that a moderator is genuinely interested in the theme of the site is certainly a nice touch, but someone who spends all their time in the General forums will still do a fine job moderating.

Having said that, if you're looking for a new moderator to patrol the Final Fantasy forums, then yeah, it would be best to get someone who enjoys reading about all things FF. xD

Shorty
08-18-2012, 10:23 AM
I don't think that staff is looking for an FF expert to become a mod.

Or if they are, I hope they'll tell us so all some of us don't waste our time. :colbert:

The fact is that most of us have dabbled in a few/several of the games but not all of them. The message with this round is clearly to get us to visit those lower forums because they need to be visited. And also, it should be fun!

Jiro
08-18-2012, 12:04 PM
If Final Fantasy fanaticism was the key factor here, Jessweeee♪ would have been the winner before it started. Nay, this is just a warm up challenge.

Iceglow
08-18-2012, 03:00 PM
I didn't find making 3 threads at all hard, I found it more difficult finding 10 threads I could post in that I felt were worthy of discussion. (in my humble opinion)

blackmage_nuke
08-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Yes Ive found that finding good threads to post in is pretty much dependant on the other contestants not sucking at making threads. Why should my competition get an advantage from my amazing [sic] thread making abilities?

I remember an ancient time before this mad competition began when posting in the lower forums was 'fun' and not a chore

Slothy
08-18-2012, 04:35 PM
I remember an ancient time before this mad competition began when posting in the lower forums was 'fun' and not a chore

I'm having fun posting in the lower forums, so if you don't like it you can gtfo.

blackmage_nuke
08-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Dont get me wrong, Im sure it will be fun again when it's not the conditions of some insane competition

Loony BoB
08-18-2012, 05:09 PM
*applies for job*

*complains that there is work involved*

escobert
08-18-2012, 05:11 PM
There got my 3 threads and 10 replies done.

Goldenboko
08-18-2012, 05:11 PM
It's just so hard to find good help these days!

Freya
08-18-2012, 06:01 PM
A lot of you misunderstood the tag question. Which I don't understand because I put in an example. Each mod has a colored "tag" for when they preform a moderation task and have to say something. It's their "mod voice" basically.Leeza had one, Shiny has one, even Jessweeee has a rockin one! I put the example in a spoiler but I guess you lot can't read so there. I hope that clarifies.

Sephex
08-18-2012, 06:27 PM
I have since updated my answer. I'll go edit in in my original post too.

Slothy
08-18-2012, 06:28 PM
I've edited in my new answer after Freya's clarification of her terrible explanation.

Freya
08-18-2012, 06:36 PM
How do you people not know what a tag is. If I meant title I'd have said title. :p

blackmage_nuke
08-18-2012, 06:37 PM
I understood the question perfectly (Infact i specifically came back and checked because I wasnt sure whether she meant Usertitles or the Tag thingy), but I edited my answer multiple times because i kept thinking of better answers

Sephex
08-18-2012, 06:41 PM
How do you people not know what a tag is. If I meant title I'd have said title. :p

Yeah, I don't know how I missed that. Still, it's not that big of deal. People can change their answers. It's also the easiest and shortest answer to all of the questions.

escobert
08-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Yeah that was a pretty easy one to fix :p

blackmage_nuke
08-18-2012, 06:44 PM

The proper response is "I didnt know as I've never been tagged or snipped" I thought i'd throw that out there before someone else got to use it

escobert
08-18-2012, 06:46 PM

In defense my first answer of Blue of course! would work for either tag or title ;)

Freya
08-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Spoiler Tags, youtube tags. The [] around stuff is called a tag. Sooooooooooooooooo and I put an example in the question. You guys just can't read.

Slothy
08-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Spoiler Tags, youtube tags. The [] around stuff is called a tag. Sooooooooooooooooo and I put an example in the question. You guys just can't read.

Cut me some slack. I was trying to answer those questions at work without anyone noticing I was slacking off.

Iceglow
08-18-2012, 09:26 PM
I was abusing the existence of mod tags before most people knew they existed. I used to use Xander's one now that is going very far back xD

Old Manus
08-18-2012, 09:39 PM

Cut me some slack. I was trying to answer those questions at work without anyone noticing I was slacking off.So dedicated

Del Murder
08-18-2012, 11:17 PM
It is unfair to ask my Cid's Knights to produce at a standard that I myself don't hold to. So I will be making the 3 threads and 10 posts as well!

Loony BoB
08-18-2012, 11:27 PM
Don't forget the blog, Murd! :D

Del Murder
08-19-2012, 12:54 AM
Done. Took 1.5 hours, including the time I spent doing laundry. Surely you cats can spare 1.5 hours of your life for EoFF?

Sephex
08-19-2012, 02:10 AM
Done. Took 1.5 hours, including the time I spent doing laundry. Surely you cats can spare 1.5 hours of your life for EoFF?

I actually did it right after I got off of work last night. It was perfectly timed because I went to hang out with edczxcvbnm last night. By the time I was done with everything edczxcvbnm got home, so it was all good.

Shinfo.

Jiro
08-19-2012, 05:33 AM
It is unfair to ask my Cid's Knights to produce at a standard that I myself don't hold to. So I will be making the 3 threads and 10 posts as well!

This is actually a fantastic display from you pa. I'm proud of you.

Tigmafuzz
08-19-2012, 07:25 AM
I'm going to need to drop out :( apparently we have a road trip planned. Which I was not aware of.

Citizen Bleys
08-19-2012, 03:30 PM
RL takes precedence over EoFF.

Hell, for that matter, FFXI takes precedence over EoFF.

Only if you want the quality of the posts to suffer. I'm sure I could bang out 3 crap threads and 10 crap posts in 1.5 hours, but some of us know all too well that anything that you say on the internet lasts fucking forever and don't want a bunch of inane dreck associated with us.

Quindiana Jones
08-19-2012, 04:48 PM
What's the harm in an extra 1.5 hours worth of meaningless shite. For me, it's a hobby.

Goldenboko
08-19-2012, 04:50 PM
So can anyone comment on our blogs?

Agent Proto
08-19-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm almost done with posting in 10 threads and making the 3 threads in the lower forums. It's not as hard as I thought since there were plenty of threads to post in, but my only problem is that I haven't played most of the newer games to join in the discussions.

Jiro
08-20-2012, 01:58 AM

Everyone who isn't a Squire, yeah.

Hollycat
08-20-2012, 02:03 AM
I accidentally made like 7 threads.

Goldenboko
08-20-2012, 03:23 AM

Everyone who isn't a Squire, yeah.

In that case. Party in mine. Let's fucking rock this house.

Jiro
08-20-2012, 04:53 AM
On my way :aimsun:

Sephex
08-20-2012, 05:10 PM
192 posts in the Mog Blogs. Only 7 of them are in mine. I have a feeling that I am screwed!

Shorty
08-20-2012, 05:14 PM
That's average, silly. There's 25 threads.

Agent Proto
08-20-2012, 05:18 PM
My thread only has 6 posts.

Sephex
08-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Well, I thought one or two of them really caught on fire. Was kind of horsing around anyway.

escobert
08-20-2012, 06:19 PM
192 posts in the Mog Blogs. Only 7 of them are in mine. I have a feeling that I am screwed!

I only have one reply to mine..

Slothy
08-20-2012, 06:31 PM
7 replies? 6? 1? Good thing for you guys that replies (probably) aren't a measure of who's going to win.

Psychotic
08-20-2012, 06:35 PM
There's literally only 3 people that comment in each blog besides the blog holder anyway.

Slothy
08-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Quiet you. All I'm hearing is Jiro's not posting enough in other people's blogs.

Stop being lazy/showing favoritism Jiro. Even if I am awesome.

Goldenboko
08-20-2012, 07:06 PM
There's literally only 3 people that comment in each blog besides the blog holder anyway.

To be fair, most of the very active users are currently in the competition.

Mercen-X
08-20-2012, 09:34 PM
I found the other bot... I don't know what to do with it though.

Jiro
08-21-2012, 01:08 AM
But that's the most important part of being a Cid's Knight!

Quindiana Jones
08-21-2012, 01:41 AM
Ban it with your Cid's Squire powers.

Ahahaha.

Hollycat
08-21-2012, 01:42 AM
I want to ban icedude, but it isn't working.
At least a temp ban please? I can only look at cornholes for so long.

Agent Proto
08-21-2012, 01:44 AM
I want to smack Hypo for that post.

Hollycat
08-21-2012, 01:45 AM
I want to smack Hypo for that post.
That's not very neighborly.

Agent Proto
08-21-2012, 01:49 AM
You're the one who wants to ban a fellow Cid's Squire for no reason.

Hollycat
08-21-2012, 01:53 AM
You're the one who wants to ban a fellow Cid's Squire for no reason.

I have 3 reasons. None of which I can remember. But there were three, I'm sure of it.
I may be thinking of a different forum actually.

Jiro
08-21-2012, 02:01 AM
That's not going to go in your favour ;)

Goldenboko
08-21-2012, 02:38 AM
Me and Kace are more likely to do a battle with swords/rapiers than woo.

Iceglow
08-21-2012, 02:48 AM
I want to ban both Proto and HC. I have 3 reasons which goes for both of them:

1) It's me
2) They're not me
3) And the lengths that I would go to... The distance in my eyes.

Jiro
08-21-2012, 03:13 AM
Already wooed the host. Chyeah. :smug:

Agent Proto
08-21-2012, 03:14 AM
It's unfortunate that you wasted that wooing for nothing, Jiro.

escobert
08-21-2012, 03:17 AM
Can I ban all of my competitors?

Agent Proto
08-21-2012, 03:22 AM
Banning your competitors will just show how corrupt you are. We don't need any of that as the next CK. :)

Jiro
08-21-2012, 03:37 AM
It's unfortunate that you wasted that wooing for nothing, Jiro.

If only I had the foresight!

Mercen-X
08-21-2012, 06:20 AM
3) And the lengths that I would go to... The distance in my eyes.I never understood that phrase... until you used it just now. You are so poetic.

Oh, and about that bot, Del assured me I was meant to Murder it.

Freya
08-21-2012, 07:06 AM
I expect gifts with all this wooing :colbert:

Slothy
08-21-2012, 02:33 PM
I expect gifts with all this wooing :colbert:

check yr phone
tit pic on the way

Apparently I need to host more events if this is what people will do to win.

Well, more popular events would be more accurate actually.

Goldenboko
08-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Hax. I call hax.

Slothy
08-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Hax. I call hax.

How do you hack with tit pics? Would having a boob job qualify?

Del Murder
08-21-2012, 06:25 PM
The Round 1 results should be coming soon! Your host Ryan Frecrest will have all the details.

Murder out!

Iceglow
08-21-2012, 07:28 PM
The Round 1 results should be coming soon! Your host Ryan Frecrest will have all the details.

Murder out!

Murder, change her name to that it'd be awesome. Also refuse to change it back once done :D