PDA

View Full Version : Tigmafuzz RIDIN' ON CARS IN ROUND 1

Tigmafuzz
08-17-2012, 11:12 AM
What makes a good member?

Not being stupid, not belittling others for their beliefs, not being stupid, not making logical fallacies during arguments, not being stupid, respecting others for who they are regardless of whether or not you have the same tastes in music/food/whatever, not being stupid, not purposely being mean or disrespectful (even to someone who is mean or disrespectful to you first), not being stupid, contributing on-topic information (or at least humor) to threads, not being stupid, reporting spam/titty posts, not being stupid, and otherwise typically obeying the rules while not being stupid. Pretty much the same thing that makes a good person offline.

What makes a good CK?

See above, with the exception of reporting (replaced with deleting/editing/what have you) and with the addition of being responsible with your glorious banhammer mod powers. Also, moving threads to where they're supposed to go or whatever. I'm sure there's a mod orientation or at least guidelines to how you're supposed to mod. Or something. Following mod rules.

What would you like to change about Eyeson to make it better?

...It can be better? That's odd, I thought it was about as good as it gets here. I've been a member of quite a few forums, and this place is definitely the best community I've experienced. Although I would be happy if moderation was a bit more strict than it is currently. Just sightly. Also, a built-in warn system might be nice. Breaking forum rules leads to an auto-warn from the site (a moderator marks your post as breaking a certain rule and then you get a pre-written message about spamming or whatever), after 3 warns day you are not allowed to post for a certain amount of time, and the second time you get three warns you get banned from forums for a few days or a week. Next comes a month and finally, permanent forum ban. Maybe that would help a little. Or maybe the personalized messages from mods may be exactly what makes this site work better than others.

Something else I thought would be interesting is having a post grading system; a +1 or -1 next to each post, whereas rep would be reserved for more important contributions (although I have no idea what) and regular posts would have a certain number of "likes" and/or "dislikes" next to them. Although that sounds suspiciously like negative rep and I remember someone saying there was a reason we didn't have that, either.

I guess something that might actually make a good contribution would be social logins; associating your EoFF account with either a facebook or email or something and make it possible to log into EoFF from those sites, like how Gmail automatically signs you into YouTube and vice versa. I can't think of the details but I know there's a seed of a good idea somewhere in there.

I seriously don't think there's a real way to make the site "better" as it's already top-notch in my book. And I usually have fairly high standards when it comes to these things :monster:

What color would you prefer your CK tag to be?

Is that actually important? Fire brick. The sexiest color aside from purple.

If you were to be thrown into the Thunderdome with one of the current staff, who would you go against and what would be your tactic?

Why is this a question, exactly?

Firs of all, I would write down the names of all the staff on a spinning dart board and fire an airsoft round at it from ~50 meters to determine who I would battle.

If I got Psychotic, I'd yell, "LOOK OUT FOR THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER! HE'S THROWING UP WALRUSES!" And he'd freak out and try to catch the invisible walruses before they hit the ground. While he was distracted, I'd snap his neck like Steven Seagal.

If I got Del Murder, I'd pretend to help him plan his wedding, but I'd actually be planning his murder. With an axe or something.

If I got BoB, I would use a few incorrect submission and grapple maneuvers, the idea being that he'd get so distracted trying to help me use the moves correctly that he'd completely forget he was being choked out.

If I got Shlup, I'd "accidentally" grope her every opportunity I got. That would be my one and only tactic.

If I got MILF, I'd dress up like a damsel Bugs Bunny style and tell him I'm the newest Cid's Knight. He would instantly become obsessed with the idea of sleeping with me, and as soon as he realized I was a man, I would use the element of surprise to bash his head in with a large rock, which I could have done at any time, but would not have been as fun.

If I got Pike, I'd ask if she wants to have a LAN party for an old fashioned war strategy game like AoE2, and after finally throwing out a game suggestion she agrees with, I would beat her at it so badly she ragequits not only the game, but life itself. Or just sneak up behind her while she's engrossed in the game or whatever. Ninja.

If I got Shiny, I'd distract her with pictures of hot guys and make her drown in her own puddle of drool.

If I got foa, we'd mud wrestle. Except in milk chocolate instead of mud. And hopefully she won't crush my bones into dust with her thoughts.

Is it a bad sign that I spent most of my time and thought on this question?

What does FF(and EoFF) mean to you?

Final Fantasy VI was the first real RPG I ever played, and it introduced me to the important things about gaming (gaming? Important?); storyline, mechanics, relatable and well-developed characters, etc. and introduced me to the wonderful franchise that is (or once was) Square Enix, which of course led me to eventually register here and have conversations with you beautiful people.

This place means quite a bit to me. To be honest, I'd probably cry a bit if I visited one day to find out it was gone. This site is the probably the closest thing I have right now to a real family. How sad is that?

I'll make my threads and posts tomorrow or whenever.

Jiro
08-17-2012, 11:28 AM
Oh, look! As a humble onlooker, I am able to comment! Exciting! Your answer for the Thunderdome question is good. I am particularly proud of the fact that you listed a few alternatives. It is actually important, because all new Cid's Knights must survive something akin to a Thunderdome match in order to receive the honour. Have you played the original Saint's Row? It's kind of like how new recruits get the shit kicked out of them. Yeah.

Freya
08-17-2012, 03:00 PM
IT'S A QUESTION BECAUSE IT AMUSES ME.

Also a like/dislike system might produce the wrong results. (Fyi I'm just a host I have no bearings on the judging so I can say whaaateveeeerrr) People would then be more focused on their rating than the quality. Right now with rep being there people aspire to make good posts to get it. It's something special. Having like or dislike would be like xP Also, You want people to be more creepy on then internet than they already are? If I have people added to fb it's cause i semi trust you. I dont' need every random eoffer on there o.o

Psychotic
08-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Joke's on you, walruses bounce.

Jiro
08-18-2012, 11:57 AM
I aim to collect every EoFFer on Facebook one day.

Tigmafuzz
08-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Joke's on you, walruses bounce.

...How could one possibly know this?

Del Murder
08-21-2012, 03:50 PM
An auto-warn would be difficult to implement. How does it tell what is spamming? I think the human element of moderation is important.

The like/dislike idea has been tossed around before, but I still think it will be abused to make fun of less popular members.

Thanks for the thought out answers!