PDA

View Full Version : [Name]'s Round 1 [whatever nonsense you would like to put]

Goldenboko
08-17-2012, 04:11 PM
I am good at following directions. Now I'm going to ignore directions, because if this is my blog it's going to start with what I want to talk about, not Kaycee's adorable "rules". I'm an adult, and I ain't gonna be part of your system. I don't enter this competition with an expectation of winning this. I don't even enter the competition with an expectation to truly be in competition. Because honestly, why should I expect to win this? I'm all grown up guys, it's adorable and I know after the year long hiatus I've had several times and the ill-fit for the job record I'd left previously, realistically the staff should (and does) already have a predetermined fate chosen for me. But I swear to god if you keep me around for the last round again to have some plot-twist I will smurfing find and kill all of you. I don't say this with regret, disdain, anger, or hatred, but with an odd sense of appreciation. Now instead of being overkill serious about this, I can sit back, play along and enjoy the ride. Maybe even, since I'm not so overwhelmingly driven by the need to impress, stay within the rules, and all that jazz reflect on this competition as a whole.

EoFF Idol The next CK tournament really is brilliant in its own way and I can understand why the staff continues to do it. Although it's easy to call BS on the idea of anyone being able to win, it is fairly clear that the tournament can get you at least on the staff's radar, where you might not have been previously. This does something weird. It makes people... "care". That makes them actually try when they are told, "post this, thread that, etc" and ultimately that's the big payoff of this event. People give up when an event has work, with no reward (I love you pr00t but the elections tend to fall into this category). But, when there is a irrefutable chance at e-peen enlargement. Oh boy will people try - and this is how I see that I win no matter what. I love being able to nerd out and rant about Final Fantasy, yesterday I made a post that probably took me an hour to think and type about FFX. I loved every second of it. Ultimately a lack of FF related activity was a big reason for my leaving. So a competition that people legitimately care about that ultimately just spawns activity? That's something I can be on-board about.

So congrats guys, you've played me like a violin years past, but this year, I win this game no matter how I look at it. Now it's time for the less interesting then my rant - required stuff.

What makes a good member?
Posting in the lower forums. :colbert: Other than that, if you're a good person you're probably a good member. What I'm saying is, be interesting.

What makes a good CK?
What is this the boy scouts? My 8th grade english class? Ultimately, responsiveness - different than activity, as long as the person is accessible checks emails for reports reachable by Mognet Message the amount of random posting they do is unimportant. If we think CK's should be "setting an example of activity" then this place is dooooomed. Being able to diffuse a situation is pretty helpful too, there can be some... strong personality differences here.

What would you like to change about Eyeson?
Pooooower to the people!
Poooooooooooower to the people!
Besides anything drastic like turning the place into a general gaming website with userbased content (oh my god! my game?)? Let's make gil actually usable. Either make buyable stuff like colored titles with a freaking million of it, or do something fun with it. Release more triple triad packs. I had this great idea back about a once a week chocobo race made in Javascript, but I don't know Javascript yet lol. Anyway, the idea was set up an animation of a race like in FFVII, have the chocobos run at variable speeds that are set at random every week, and have the users be able to bet throughout the week on who wins. Why am I typing this? This is awesome. I should be making this. Stop reading this idea.

What color would your CK tag be?
Realistically Gold would make the most sense, it is pretty much my motto. I know we don't have Gold, yellow will do. Pretty much whatever the recognized member title is made out of :p

Thunderdome - tactic against who?
Psy, tactic, sex. Next question.

What does FF(and EoFF) mean to you?
tit. Now it really does feel like I'm back in the 8th grade. I'll hold in the rest of my snide now. FF is quite simply my favorite game series, it is the game series that made me look at video games as form of artistic expression. EoFF started as a place where I could nerd about it, but eventually became a place I made (hopefully) lifelong friends that I would eventually meet (shoutout Eileen and Dakoda). Isn't that just adorable?

Gonna stop linking after I've made the requirements because I'm lazy. :p Also it feels incredibly weird linking to things I would've said anyway.
Post #1 (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-viii/144079-where-did-fall-apart-you.html#post3114270)
Post #2 (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-ix/144071-evolution-gaia.html#post3114275)
Post #3 (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-ix/142228-quina-more-than-comic-relief.html#post3114351)
Post #4 (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xii/144069-favourite-training-spot.html#post3114430)
Post #5 (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-x/144107-blitzball.html#post3114665)
Post #6 (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-x/144134-i-hate-game-why-does-anyone-play.html#post3114736)
Post #7 (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-iv/144096-golbez.html#post3115028)
Post #8 (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-x/143492-who-your-favorite-character-final-fantasy-x.html#post3115034)
Post #9 (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xii/143753-should-i-give-final-fantasy-xii-another-shot.html#post3115049)
Posts #10 (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vii/144114-what-sephiroth-disc-1-a.html#post3115079)

Thread #1 (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-ix/144110-what-do-you-feel-best-team-final-fantasy-ix.html#post3114356)
Thread #2 (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vii/144112-aeriths-theme-makes-classi-fms-top-20-a.html#post3114424)
Thread #3 (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-viii/144167-lets-talk-children-card-games.html#post3115106)

Freya
08-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Hey Dan. STOP BEING A TWAT. These questions are easy cause they are round one blah. Don't be a twat. I'll disqualify you for being a twat. I CAN SOME HOW DO THAT.

Be more active again. What happened to your drunk dials? LIFELONG FRIENDS OF LEENY AND DAKODA?! WHAT ABOUT KAYCEE. I had to put up with your drunk dials for like a year and then suddenly nothing! I SEE HOW THIS IS. You can't play anymore. You hurt my feelings :(

We have enough bitchy people around here, we don't need another one. It doesn't make you cool or anything just fyi. JERK :mad2:

Goldenboko
08-17-2012, 04:26 PM
You haven't met me yet so you didn't fall in the "that I would eventually meet" category ;P

The drunk calls also have stopped with the lack of parties over the past few months :( <3 u kaceeeeee

Freya
08-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Still, stop being a twat about my tasks. :mad2:

Goldenboko
08-17-2012, 04:40 PM
If you can't stand the fire... stay out of the kitchen :cool:

Goldenboko
08-18-2012, 12:25 AM
Re-read rules: Linking posts and threads and such into first post for convenience.

Jiro
08-18-2012, 02:06 AM
Your pre-answer spiel is good. It shows you're not a pushover. It shows you're a dominant personality and frankly if you're not going to be out there then you're never going to make it big anyway. So you're off to a good start. Your assessment of the CK contest is fairly spot on but I know for a fact that there will be a winner at the end of this journey. It's also kind of like Idol in the sense that, yes, even "losing" still puts you on the radar. I don't think you got to the finale last time based purely on their want to troll you; Jessweeee♪ was there too, if I recall, and she got a position. Momiji was the other iirc but like you kind of faded activity wise. Honestly if your schedule were kinder you should probably expect a job.

You chocobo racing game is one that I had as well but I don't know much at all so I scrapped that idea as soon as I heard you had thought of it. I'm looking forward to the inevitable completion of it because I can't hold all of this fucking gil man.

Dude we did have a rocking time even if your city did catch on fire :aimsun:

Goldenboko
08-18-2012, 02:45 AM
I find this whole dominant comment hilarious, seeing as I just watched the South Park episode where Cartman gets trained by the Dog Whisper. "I'm not being aggressive, I'm just being dominant." However excuse me if I decide not to suspend my disbelief right yet at any chance I have at the competition, especially with my shoddy activity record lately.

College got me busy as you saw! But coop's been very kind! Minus the whole not really knowing what I'm doing thing. And Boston lit on fire because it couldn't take the pure swag of us in the same city for multiple days. :cool: As for the Chocobo racing, I haven't started it yet. Javascript is pretty low on my languages to learn list.

Jiro
08-18-2012, 04:05 AM
That's understandable really. It's a lot of effort to learn a whole damn language and then the work begins. But yeah it's good to know you're keeping out of trouble. At least you know that if anything goes wrong you can just buy new organs.

Goldenboko
08-18-2012, 05:03 AM
HC is a copycat :colbert: Guess I better drink four gallons of alcohol to deal with it. (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-vii/144113-one-winged-angels-sephiroth-appreciation-thread.html)

Psychotic
08-18-2012, 10:57 AM
You can't really use the word "twat" unless you're British so Kaycee is kind of embarassing me right here.

Also sex is not enough. I also require some form of chocolacation to submit.

Jiro
08-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Not true; we can also use the word twat. Actually, the fact that Freya has used the word twat makes me think it is a favourite word of yours dear Walrus.

Goldenboko
08-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Chocolate sex.

I think Psy and Jiro should have a twat off ;)

Freya
08-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Paul has a filthy mouth. Just knowing him has made my vocabulary get dirty. Bad influence!

Goldenboko
08-19-2012, 05:16 AM
Done! Now I can stop taking note when I do this stuff and be more lazy and not link. Hurrah.

Jiro
08-19-2012, 05:27 AM
Did I already mention that I listened to that track? You should tell Dan that he did an awesome job. I want a whole album. I been listening to it on repeat and it makes me so happy.

With heart man, with heart.

Goldenboko
08-19-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm gonna take this competition With Heart Man With Heart. :)

We're already working on two more, "You're My Asians" (You're My Angel by Aerosmith) for our Asian friends and "I'm Da Pa" (I'm Da Bes) for our friend Pat.

EDIT: Don't know if Jiro is really lying. Found it amusing to say. (Although you are a liar Jiro. A lying Aussy)

Goldenboko
08-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Shorty probably beat me by a minute or two. But I didn't care. There we're n00bies to own in COD.

Jiro
08-20-2012, 02:01 AM
I'm not lying. When do I lie? Honest Jiro they call me. Honest Jiro without any beard.

Goldenboko
08-20-2012, 03:44 AM
I'm not lying. When do I lie? Honest Jiro they call me. Honest Jiro without any beard.

That's cute. For a lying Australian!

My plea to the staff.

You can tell the web, you never was my site
You can troll my posts when I'm gone.
Or you can IM your friends just what a fool I've been,
And laugh and joke about me on MSN.

You can tell my threads to go back from where you came
You can tell my posts to hit the road
Or you can tell my reps to tell my mognet m's
there ain't no way I'll ever be a CK.

But don't knight HC, please don't knight HC.
I just don't think I'd understand
And if you knight Quin-y, please don't knight Quin-y
He might blow up and ban this man
Oooooooooooooooooo :sing:

You can tell your admin I, I never had a chance.
Or you can tell your editor to smear my name.
Or tell your maker Cid who's fist can tell my lips
He never really liked me anyway.

Oh tell your Aunt Shuppy, tell anything you please
Myself already knows that I'm okay.
Oh you can tell my usernotes to watch out for my refferals
It might be walking out on me today!

But don't knight krissy, please don't knight krissy!
I just don't think I'd understand!
And if you knight shorty, please don't knight shorty
She might blow up and ban this man

But don't knight G13, please don't knight G13
I just don't think I'd understand
And if you knight Sephex, please don't knight Sephex
He might blow up and ban this man

Let's see how much tit I get for that one.

Jiro
08-20-2012, 04:57 AM
Now post a recording and you'll have it all wrapped up.

Goldenboko
08-20-2012, 05:45 PM
Seeing as I'm fully moved into my friend's floor for the next two weeks (Northeastern kicked us out of housing until we move into our lease in a final act of bitterness and attempting to get our money) and other Dan is at home - recording devices are not available. Sorry Dak!

Psychotic
08-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Chocolate sex? Dude you can't give me that. White chocolate maybe.

Also are you back at EoFF for good or are you just going to leave and break my heart YET AGAIN because I don't want to get invested in this relationship if I'm just going to end up getting hurt.

Goldenboko
08-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Psy: So don't go breaking my heart,
GoBo: I won't go breaking your heart,
Psy: Don't go breaking my heeeeeeart! :sing:

I'm pretty sure I'm back for good for a while. Freshman year of college was a mess that got me really busy, which led to my initial disappearance act and by the time I thought about coming back the place was horrifyingly slow and laggy. I wasn't kidding when I made that thank you thread, Sam and ownership stepped up and really fixed the server. As a Computer Engineer who likes web super fast the lag was unbearable and would make me leave when I thought about browsing again.

Freya
08-20-2012, 07:36 PM
As a professional awesome (since we're throwing out titles) I don't trust you that you'll be back for good. :colbert:

Goldenboko
08-20-2012, 08:02 PM
GoBo doesn't speak with words sister.
He speaks with actions.
He speaks by throwing some clotheslines on your candy-ass.
So you can throw your doubts and hating but he'll be looking at you from the top sister!!!

Besides you hate me Kace! What do you care if I come or go? :p

Shiny
08-21-2012, 12:16 AM
Good to see you're still obsessing over Leen-Leen.

Jiro
08-21-2012, 01:06 AM
I can't wait until the Dan and Dan duo is back together. Are you guys all moving together or just some of you? 'Cause that were a lot of lads in one apartment.

Also smurfing Northeastern kicked you out xD I thought they were going to be so nice what with their husky mascot but nope.

The new place totally needs to be dubbed dude mansion

Goldenboko
08-21-2012, 01:20 AM
Good to see you're still obsessing over Leen-Leen.

It's good to see you are still at the proper level of ruthlessness! I remember one time you said I wasn't that bad. But never again! :( 'sup witchu Shiny?

I can't wait until the Dan and Dan duo is back together. Are you guys all moving together or just some of you? 'Cause that were a lot of lads in one apartment.

Me, Dan, and Alex are all moving back together, ditched other two. Moving in with 2 other peeps you didn't meet.

Also smurfing Northeastern kicked you out xD I thought they were going to be so nice what with their husky mascot but nope.

The new place totally needs to be dubbed dude mansion

Nope, Northeastern is a ruthless money making machine. I do love that though, new name. Did we show you the pictures of the new place?

Jiro
08-21-2012, 01:34 AM
Do these two newbies have enough xbox to replace the other two? Cause you need lots of xbox still man. YOU NEED IT.

I don't think I saw any pics of the new place, but if I did it was too long ago for me to remember so link me up and let me try and mentally teleport myself there.

Goldenboko
08-21-2012, 01:54 AM
Do these two newbies have enough xbox to replace the other two? Cause you need lots of xbox still man. YOU NEED IT.

I don't think I saw any pics of the new place, but if I did it was too long ago for me to remember so link me up and let me try and mentally teleport myself there.

Pretty much entirely being replaced. This place also comes with 6 Plasma Screen TV's. And a surround sound. I love it now, I'll hate it in a month.

Jiro
08-21-2012, 01:55 AM
You are never going to graduate while you live here :exdee:

Goldenboko
08-21-2012, 02:01 AM
Seeing as Northeastern adds and extra year on my graduation, it is unlikely I will live there for 3 years, so you are probably correct!

Goldenboko
08-21-2012, 02:23 AM
Been sick for a week now, not getting much better, think a lack of oxygen is getting to my brain. fuck it.

Jiro
08-21-2012, 02:29 AM
I think this flu has been having around me for like a month. It's torturous. Fluids up and just stumble your way through life until you're healthy again.

Goldenboko
08-21-2012, 02:41 AM
FUCKING SWEAT IT OUT!

Goldenboko
08-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Don't think I'm cut out to be a mod.

BAM!

http://home.eyesonff.com/general-final-fantasy/144238-expendables-2-full-review.html

NEEDS TO BE CLOSED AND USER DESTROYED. SUCK ITTTTT

Goldenboko
08-21-2012, 04:08 PM
HERE'S ANOTHER

http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/144240-you-had-wait-until-movie-you-wanted.html#post3116668

ck yet?

Goldenboko
08-21-2012, 07:58 PM
My hour of elimination approaches

Shiny
08-21-2012, 08:00 PM
I've decided I want to go to Northeastern now to in-person torture dboko and get my MFA in Music Industry Leadership for no particular reason at all.

Goldenboko
08-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Drinks will be on me!

Jiro
08-22-2012, 03:39 AM
EoFF Northeastern Meetup 2012 I'm there.