PDA

View Full Version : FFVIII HD remake, things you'd like to see?

Iceglow
08-18-2012, 02:13 AM
Ok so if Square were doing a full HD remake of FFVIII with everything from the original game as is included what would you like to see included as some additional sections to the game?

Prsonally I'd love to see more of the SeeD versus Gabaldia war, maybe expand it so that the second disc didn't feel so short, side missions involving both the Garden and Missile Base teams. Perhaps Selphie's team ought to have encountered more resistance or had more than one objective even objectives what helped Squall's Garden Team make it back to Balamb. Definitely after Fisherman's Horizon Disc 2 feels short. Some added content there would be awesome imho even if for most of the time it was liberal smashing of people.

So come on, share what you'd like to see, even if you'd like to see R=U confirmed as long as you've got a good argument for why you think it ought to happen I'd love to read it :)

Jiro
08-18-2012, 04:20 AM
There is a lot of the map left unused and that disappoints me. I don't know. Remakes are good but I don't like the idea of changing too much.

Sephex
08-18-2012, 04:22 AM
Hint at the GF memory loss phenomenon so that plot twist doesn't seem like it comes out of left field.

Shorty
08-18-2012, 04:47 AM
I think I might like to see more of the crazy warped time world that Ultimecia creates. Like, everything twisted or backward in some sort of way creating just a really dark and ominous world to completely change the mood of the game there at the end.

I wouldn't want much of the story changed, though. I like it and would pretty much just prefer an entire HD revamp.

Iceglow
08-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Hint at the GF memory loss phenomenon so that plot twist doesn't seem like it comes out of left field.

There is reference to this during the Dollet Training missions if you speak to every character possible. I believe Quistis refers to it to explain why the G-army doesn't use GF's for magic. It's not quite so left field as you've said. However it's not really handled well when they bring in the orphanage it seems to me that Gabaldia Garden and Trabia Garden never used GF's in their training only Balamb (why?) and that to qualify to become a SeeD you had to transfer much like Selphie from those Garden's to Balamb where you'd learn how to utilize GF's before becoming a SeeD. Now, Selphie explains that she can't remember the past because although she went to Trabia, she found a GF on a training trip/mission and junctioned it but she doesn't remember the name of it. Unless she was junctioned for a long time this didn't make much sense to me, unless perhaps if you junction at too young an age you lose more memories sooner due to being under-developed. I guess it just needed handling better.

milliegoesbeep
08-18-2012, 01:33 PM
I'd love to see the SeeD in general more, perhaps the wars and more of the garden. I know it's pretty pointless, but the design of garden is pretty impressive and it'd be lovely to see it in HD.

Also, the space scenes, character designs and GFs would be stunning too :D

blackmage_nuke
08-18-2012, 01:50 PM
A playable section for Zell's flashback of Ward's janitorial adventures..

For some reason the section on the Ragnarok where you had to kill the monsters in order of colour felt very out of place to me. I would like it altered.

escobert
08-18-2012, 04:42 PM
After playing the VII re-do, I feel VIII could greatly benefit from this treatment. The music and character models would look/sound great. They did a great job with VII's music and the characters do look a lot better.

ReloadPsi
08-18-2012, 05:22 PM

I thought leaving that nestled deep in the Garden computer network information service or whatever, the thing you definitely weren't gonna read on your first playthrough because who the hell could be arsed, so you'd only ever discover that hint on a later run, was a dick move.

One of the Faculty dudes in Cid's office at the graduation debriefing vaguely alludes to it too.

In other words, it totally should've been implemented better, because the only other hint available is the inexplicable way Irvine behaves that again, only really makes sense if you play a second time.

There is reference to this during the Dollet Training missions if you speak to every character possible.

Which you obviously aren't going to do if you want your initial SeeD rank to be any good whatsoever. This just adds further proof that it's buried too deep.

Oh wow, I spent so long discussing everyone else's points that I forgot to contribute anything of my own.

I would've liked to see more clear evidence of Ultimecia's existence. The idea that Edea's not herself comes in far too late. I'd also like to see more clarity with regards to what Garden actually even is. Yes, Balamb Garden is where SeeD exams are taken, but Trabia and Galbadia's true purpose is so glossed over they almost seem entirely pointless. Trabia Garden is so far out of the way of any human population centre of any kind that it almost doesn't need to exist: they all might as well have gone to Balamb.

Hollycat
08-18-2012, 05:35 PM
USA ability to use the pocket station

Sephex
08-18-2012, 07:06 PM
ReloadPsi, thanks for understanding what I mean. I know that there are subtle hints throughout the game, but those you have to explore for yourself. I think for smaller plot points that kind of stuff is fine. But as some of you said, it should have been implemented better. I would envision one or two scenes where they actually show someone's memory being screwed with that the player HAS to witness. Sure, downplay it and don't make it obvious, but just including something like that would have made the Orphanage scene work better.

Also, I know it was implied, but that's where Irvine should have DIRECTLY spoke up and said that's why he had such a hard time pulling the trigger during the assassination attempt.

ReloadPsi
08-18-2012, 11:56 PM

I've come to overlook this so much. I would love this as well.

Jiro
08-19-2012, 04:54 AM
I thought Irvine really just was a chump to be honest.

Shorty
08-19-2012, 04:55 AM
I love Irvine :(

Jiro
08-20-2012, 02:34 AM
Oh sure, I like him too. But I thought his spiel about how he just acts tough and is actually a goddamn nervous wreck was true.

Mercen-X
08-24-2012, 06:04 AM
Star Wars' Ganner Rhysode... shivering chicken-shot wanna-be ladie's-man, wiped out a thousand Yuuzhan Vong single-handedly (that's without the aid of Donald and Goofy, folks). Sure, he died at the end but he was boasting still.

ReloadPsi
08-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Yeah, I thought it gave him a bit more character, because he does toughen up a bit afterwards. The bravado's still there but it's less cheesy and he loosens up after the assassination incident. He seems more charming and cheerful than lecherous and desperate... probably because he doesn't have a pending assassination and upcoming humiliation weighing on him.

Mirage
08-24-2012, 12:35 PM

There is also an entry about "rumours about side effects of GF use" on your computer terminal at Balamb Garden at the start of the game. It basically tells you to not listen to people talking about these things.

ReloadPsi
08-24-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm gonna go with "the hints should've been more explicit."

Think about it: you'd see the hint and so a more cynical player would assume there's gonna be an amnesia plot later on. The orphanage thing would've still floored pretty much everyone that way, but it wouldn't have pissed off anywhere near as many people.

Omega Cloud
08-24-2012, 04:44 PM
They should definitely change the orphanage scene, dont just spring it on you, maybe put some references in Disc 1 perhaps?
Also expand on the Laguna dream sequences, give him a boss or two?
Make it harder to get the ultimate weapons, or at least make it so you cant get them without the corresponding magazines.
Getting Lionhart on Disc 1 just makes it too easy

Sephex
08-24-2012, 11:25 PM

There is also an entry about "rumours about side effects of GF use" on your computer terminal at Balamb Garden at the start of the game. It basically tells you to not listen to people talking about these things.

I already explained why I have a problem with that a couple of times in this forum. Long story short is that such an important part of the game should be shown to the player no matter what. I agree on making it subtle, but not optional.

Iceglow
08-25-2012, 01:03 AM
The speech Irvine Kinneas gives on top of the clock to Squall is possibly one of the most apt references to assassins and snipers Square ever made. The fact that he essentially says "that with one shot hit or miss you'll go down in history" is so ridiculously true. If they ever did the remake I'd like to see this section on top of the clock expanded somewhat. Maybe even show in the FMV the visual through Irvine's scope as he's taking his aim, maybe put some visual effects such as colour blanching to show the encroaching panic attack.

Irvines weapons made me laugh though more, he's a sniper but he uses shotguns and repeaters in battle? I can get that he needs a closer range weapon but shotguns really are point and shoot nothing that requires aiming. If all his guns were clearly repeater rifles it'd be slightly better.

maybee
08-25-2012, 10:25 AM
I would like

> A online option to play the Card Game and battle with people online with new cards created and new super rare cards that you can battle people online for and loose to somebody else.

> Different costumes that you can unlock. Not DLC like they did with Final Fantasy XIII-2 just unlock by doing mini-games through out the game that the characters can wear and everything.

Squall > Topless SeeD uniform, Dissidia Clothes, Amano Desigin.

Rinoa > Edea Dress, Ultimeca dress, anime maid costume, dog costume.

Selphie > Cowgirl costume, Musical pop star costume.

Zell > Sabin clothes, Tifa clothes, Hot- Dog suit, Monk FF1 costume.

Quistis > Bra + sexy underwear costume, swim-suit costume, SeeD dress.

Irvine > Selphie dress, Edgar costume, Zidane costume

Laguna > President clothes, Squall clothes.

> New Game +

> New Bosses that are harder than hard.

> Musical Jukebox player

> A dungeon where you can battle other Final Fantasy Villains DLC.

Christmas
08-25-2012, 03:48 PM
MORE PUPU!!!! MOAR!!!

Rocket Edge
08-27-2012, 11:06 PM
I would like

> A online option to play the Card Game and battle with people online with new cards created and new super rare cards that you can battle people online for and loose to somebody else.

> Different costumes that you can unlock. Not DLC like they did with Final Fantasy XIII-2 just unlock by doing mini-games through out the game that the characters can wear and everything.

Squall > Topless SeeD uniform, Dissidia Clothes, Amano Desigin.

Rinoa > Edea Dress, Ultimeca dress, anime maid costume, dog costume.

Selphie > Cowgirl costume, Musical pop star costume.

Zell > Sabin clothes, Tifa clothes, Hot- Dog suit, Monk FF1 costume.

Quistis > Bra + sexy underwear costume, swim-suit costume, SeeD dress.

Irvine > Selphie dress, Edgar costume, Zidane costume

Laguna > President clothes, Squall clothes.

> New Game +

> New Bosses that are harder than hard.

> Musical Jukebox player

> A dungeon where you can battle other Final Fantasy Villains DLC.
This sounds great. I would love if they expanded the garden. I loved just roaming around it. I'd be just happy with it in HD though.

Jowy
08-31-2012, 10:29 PM
i want to walk around in my swagtastic SeeD outfit through the entirety of the game

Wolf Kanno
09-01-2012, 06:17 AM
I like the idea of alternate costumes for characters, anything to get Zell and Quistis out of their awful clothes. An HD remake probably wouldn't change the plot or add too much except maybe a new optional dungeon, but a more upscaled true remake could really tighten this game.

I would probably re-balance the Junction system and remove some of the more broken elements like changing some of the item modding results (make Tents give like 30 Curas instead of giving you Curagas) and maybe give the Mid and Late Magic mod abilities to later GFs. Limit the Limit Break system so it's no longer a crutch mechanic by perhaps making every use of the Limit force you to have less HP if you want to use it again in a round. So if you use a limit break when you are down to 200 health, you need to have less than 200 health to use it again in that round. Aura could be changes to basically allow your character to be in critical condition at higher health. Change the Boost system to something a little more fun than just playing a furious Red Light Green Light game of Track and Field (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Track_%26_Field_%28video_game%29).

I also agree that the Ragnarok dungeon should be changed to something less stupid and misplaced. The Deling Sewers also need to be made a little more interesting. I also would have liked to have utilized the trains on the Galbadia continent more. They are an interesting idea and should have been used more. The car vehicle should have been dropped cause it's pretty much useless. I agree with Jiro that the overworld map should have had more secret places and stuff. It's the most empty world out of the PS1 titles.

I honestly felt they could have done more with SeeD as well. I really would have liked to see what Xu and Nida could have done as senior SeeD officers. It would have been cool to be able to team up with them during the NORG Rebellion and the Garden Battle and watch them fight as temporary playable characters with perhaps their own unique GFs like Ramuh and Fenrir. I also feel it could have been interesting to have extra SeeD missions as sidequests, granted make them story based (none of this MMO collect x amount of y, or kill z amount of w enemies crap) or even pull a Xenoblade Chronicles and make rebuilding Trabia Garden a sidequest.

Story... I agree that the amnesia element hints should have been a little less hidden from the player, but I also feel the major thing that should have been built up better is the orphanage element. Actually have the characters have weird moments where they seem like they know each other more than they think they do and just have them explain it away as something else. I mean Squall does it for Ellone but no one else, even Irvine is pretty damn cryptic about it despite acting like he was being blatant about knowing everyone pretty well when he finally does the reveal. I think Irvine could have been really interesting if they had made him play up the whole "I know you" ploy, with him teasing the party about his knowledge of them from childhood. It would especially be interesting after Galbadia sides with the Sorceress cause then we could have added a stronger, maybe Irvine is a traitor ploy.

Give Ultimecia a proper backstory. For the love of god Squenix...

Actually give a better explanation for Time Compression, how did anyone know about it, what are the parameters for casting and why? Why does Ultimecia know this spell and why does she want to use it? It really just exists in the plot to create conflict but lacks any kind of context. While we're on this train of thought, how about the same with Ellone's power, it's really just a plot device as well with absolutely no explanation in-game or even in Ultimania materials.

More Laguna...:stare:

Jiro
09-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Once again I agree with everything Wolf Kanno has said. Damn man, you have some great ideas there.

Laddy
09-01-2012, 11:52 PM
I like the idea of alternate costumes for characters, anything to get Zell and Quistis out of their awful clothes. An HD remake probably wouldn't change the plot or add too much except maybe a new optional dungeon, but a more upscaled true remake could really tighten this game.

I would probably re-balance the Junction system and remove some of the more broken elements like changing some of the item modding results (make Tents give like 30 Curas instead of giving you Curagas) and maybe give the Mid and Late Magic mod abilities to later GFs. Limit the Limit Break system so it's no longer a crutch mechanic by perhaps making every use of the Limit force you to have less HP if you want to use it again in a round. So if you use a limit break when you are down to 200 health, you need to have less than 200 health to use it again in that round. Aura could be changes to basically allow your character to be in critical condition at higher health. Change the Boost system to something a little more fun than just playing a furious Red Light Green Light game of Track and Field (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Track_%26_Field_(video_game)).

I also agree that the Ragnarok dungeon should be changed to something less stupid and misplaced. The Deling Sewers also need to be made a little more interesting. I also would have liked to have utilized the trains on the Galbadia continent more. They are an interesting idea and should have been used more. The car vehicle should have been dropped cause it's pretty much useless. I agree with Jiro that the overworld map should have had more secret places and stuff. It's the most empty world out of the PS1 titles.

I honestly felt they could have done more with SeeD as well. I really would have liked to see what Xu and Nida could have done as senior SeeD officers. It would have been cool to be able to team up with them during the NORG Rebellion and the Garden Battle and watch them fight as temporary playable characters with perhaps their own unique GFs like Ramuh and Fenrir. I also feel it could have been interesting to have extra SeeD missions as sidequests, granted make them story based (none of this MMO collect x amount of y, or kill z amount of w enemies crap) or even pull a Xenoblade Chronicles and make rebuilding Trabia Garden a sidequest.

Story... I agree that the amnesia element hints should have been a little less hidden from the player, but I also feel the major thing that should have been built up better is the orphanage element. Actually have the characters have weird moments where they seem like they know each other more than they think they do and just have them explain it away as something else. I mean Squall does it for Ellone but no one else, even Irvine is pretty damn cryptic about it despite acting like he was being blatant about knowing everyone pretty well when he finally does the reveal. I think Irvine could have been really interesting if they had made him play up the whole "I know you" ploy, with him teasing the party about his knowledge of them from childhood. It would especially be interesting after Galbadia sides with the Sorceress cause then we could have added a stronger, maybe Irvine is a traitor ploy.

Give Ultimecia a proper backstory. For the love of god Squenix...

Actually give a better explanation for Time Compression, how did anyone know about it, what are the parameters for casting and why? Why does Ultimecia know this spell and why does she want to use it? It really just exists in the plot to create conflict but lacks any kind of context. While we're on this train of thought, how about the same with Ellone's power, it's really just a plot device as well with absolutely no explanation in-game or even in Ultimania materials.

More Laguna...:stare:

tl;dr: Make the game good.

MJN SEIFER
09-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Hint at the GF memory loss phenomenon so that plot twist doesn't seem like it comes out of left field. They did hint to it. It's just that the hints they gave were subtle so that you notice them when you replay the game. Notice how Squall recognized Edea's name (he repeated it thoughtfully)? Notice how Irvine acted like he knew the others before he met them and then became subdued when it turned out he didn't? Notice how Irvine's excuse for shooting Edea made no sense? Notice how everyone just kind of...clicked? It was like they knew eachother.

If they had simply gone with;

"Hey, do I know you?"
"No."
"Oh Sorry."
(Orphanage scene)
"Hey, I DID know you!"
"Really? Awesome!"

It would have ruined it. They foreshadowed it like the Sixth Sense, Final Destination 5, and other things. The foreshadowing works better in hindsight - when you already know the answer.

Note; I jumped on this reply so I don't know if anyone answered it better.

Roogle
09-06-2012, 10:30 PM
I would really like to see more of the other party members: Quistis, Zell, Selphie, and Irvine should get more character development.

I would like the battle system to be redesigned to allow for more character diversity outside of the Limit Breaks. I find that character diversity is a positive attribute rather than having every character be a jack of all trades.

Wolf Kanno had some great ideas. It's not asking for that much if the game was really going to be remade!

ReloadPsi
09-07-2012, 01:02 AM
Access to a detailed render of Ultimecia's clock tower for me to rotate, scrutinize and generally ogle at will. Preferably one that actually tells time and has chimes too.

**starts drooling uncontrollably**

Cloudane
09-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Much like FF7, I wouldn't want them to actually do anything to the gameplay or content. Re-do the characters with more polygons, re-render the CGI, re-paint the backgrounds in HD but otherwise leave well alone!

Reality: there will eventually be a PC re-release with anti-aliasing and achievements. And er, Squall Saves.

Night Fury
09-10-2012, 08:58 PM
I would like the story to be left well alone, and keep the battle system the same. I absolutely hate the newer FF battle systems, I love the junction system but it's a bit sloppy...

Mainly I just want more explanation to some of the moments in the plot. I always felt the Julia and Laguna bit was a bit... rushed and could have had something more. Same with the Laguna and Raine bit.

To be honest, a little game just of Laguna's story with Kiros and Ward would be GREAT but we've seen how the FF7 prequel stuff turned out... it can kind of ruin the story a little.

MORE OF THE OTHER CHARACTERS.

I love the Rinoa/Squall storyline but the potential for amazing characters (they're already amazing) is there! they should touch more on it, give them more individual moments etc! Flesh out their back story a bit more.

Would love more GF's!! Maybe some of the GF's that have featured in other games but didn't get in VIII. Perhaps even with the option of controlling the GF's on the battle field like in X.

Eaglegun
12-10-2012, 04:56 PM
I think they could go back and flesh out some parts with more disk/hard drive space. Like the series of nameless witches at the end. Since they represent witches throughout time they could all be different instead of the three or four variants that they had.

Red Mage Coffman
12-10-2012, 05:18 PM
I think I'd just like the whole story to be redone. Oh, and the battle system. Ditch the drawing and Junctioning crap. Have character devopment centered around GF's, that includes learning magic and such.

kotora
12-11-2012, 08:56 PM
tl;dr: Make the game good.

Yeah I just don't see that happening to that mess of a game. Might as well just make something new. The story and setting are horribly inconsistent and lacking in so many ways it would have to be redone completely. We should keep the original around in our memories as an eternal reminder. It wouldn't be FF8 anymore if it was changed from a trainwreck to a proper piece of work.

milliegoesbeep
12-13-2012, 09:26 PM
MOOMBAS.

'nuff said.

Jinx
12-13-2012, 09:39 PM
FFvXIII.

Skyblade
12-14-2012, 03:00 AM
I'd like to see Junction Redux (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-viii/139223-junction-redux.html) implemented.

I really, really hate the Junction system. I feel it's a nice idea, but really poorly implemented. Redo it, and definitely give it a better interface than just hundreds of lines of white text.

shellbuff21
02-23-2013, 09:09 AM
My first answer will be to expand the story further. Elaborate it more. Use the remaining discs well after disc 2. And by that I meant about the "disc 3 is getting boring and after Adel, it's kill that Ultimecia b*tch mission only and then THE END." It's like disc 4 was the lamest part of the game.

And uh, more exposure for the other characters.

I'm not actually against any battle systems. I'm sort of a "what's been given then so be it" player so I'll just leave it to those who wants a change or the same.

maybee
02-23-2013, 11:00 AM
There's a extra part to the orphanage scene where after the Balamb vs Galbadia fight and you speak to Edea at the start of CD 3 she explains that she drained all the memories of the children because she was loosing her powers and attacked her own orphanage ( it is in ruins later on ) and she wanted to drain the memories of the children to safe them from the awful memories and childhood scars and the fact that they'll have to fight her one day.

Irvine is the only one to remember because he managed to escape and hide in time and he only got a short attack of the memory drain spell while he was trying to run as a frighted child and Squall manages to hide with Irvine, who got most but not all of the memory drain spell and the only thing he remembers is Ellone.( Ellone left a few days before Edea lost control )

The Esthar army arrives and Cid as a younger and much braver knight tries to stop them. Squall and Irvine both have a massive headache and they can only hear sounds of the Esthar army, Edea going berserk and Cid trying to protect the children.

Irvine and Squall fall into a coma and Irvine wakes up in Galbabia Garden and Squall wakes up in Balamb Garden. Irvine remembers the most out of the orphans and mostly Edea; however Edea loosing her mind is a blur, he doesn't quite understand why he was taken away from them, but he treasures his memories.

Squall wakes up crying and only remembering Ellone. However Seifer is another one whom remembers everything, and unlike Irvine he remembers everything and it scars him heavily, to the very core. However he keeps it a secret since Zell has no idea whatsoever and Squall only seems to know about Ellone nobody else.

That's why Seifer was so keen to take Edea's side and be her knight and apart of the thought that he was the good guy and that Squall was the villain because he was protecting his Mum.

Okay it sounds like a bad fanfic but at least it's better than the " Oh ! It must be the GF's "!

NeoCracker
02-24-2013, 01:54 AM
Now, I despise this game, but breaking my usual bitter self on the topic, I'll give some constructive critcism. :p

First and foremost, the Junction System needs some serious work. While they are at it, so does the Per-level stat bumps and level Scaling in this game. The three of these together completely kill any challenge the game could have. Though mostly I would want changes to the Junction system since it, once again, follows in FF VII's footsteps and kills off any difference in characters outside of Limit Breaks.

Also, I won't say just scrap the Orphanage scene, though that is a really good option, but if they want to keep it they need to make it relevant. As it stands, the plot really doesn't change if the scene were to be scrapped entirely. Hell, the only thing the GF memory thing really effected was the Orphanage scene, so give that more buildup as well. More Build Up, and perhaps give the characters some lost memories that are actually relevant to the plot at hand.

Those are the main two, and I'll stop here before I just start getting Nit Picky. :p

James_Cub
09-16-2013, 11:24 PM
I've mentioned on another thread that it would be interesting to see exactly how everyone became an orphan and how they all got sent to Edea's, on that note, everyone refers to her as Matron, so where does Edea come from?
The GF thing could be explained, I agree. Some mysteries that could be solved: Is Laguna Squall's father, Rinoa=Ultimecia, Irvine and Selphie couple or no couple? I think some more monsters/ bosses/ GFs could be created and add to the Triple Triad deck and maybe each Garden should have their own CC Club, that'd be so cool. FF Agito has a full deck of cards, not just the ones in CC Club, so maybe they could do something like that. Balamb would have the current one, Trabia would have the numbers from ace/one to five and Galbadia could have the rest of the numbers, considering Balamb starts at Jack and they don't have an Ace (or a Queen for that matter).

supernaps
09-16-2013, 11:39 PM
The game needs more Laguna, that is the darn truth.

Elskidor
10-14-2013, 04:01 PM
I'd love to see that part where Seifer kills Odin removed from the game. That was just stupid. Other than that maybe add mini games or quests on the unexplored areas of the map.

Mirage
10-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Yeah that was pretty retarded.

Ultima Shadow
10-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Make the super bosses stronger, the junction system harder to abuse, make The End not work on Ultima or Omega, nerf Aura, Meltdown and Hero items, make Zell's armageddon fist repeat thingy impossible, expand the Deep Sea Research Facility a bit as well as the "story" around it. And add a "hard" difficulty.

It would also be fun to have a critical-trigger thingy on everyone's weapons actually.

Silent Warrior
10-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Ultima Shadow: Actually, I kind of had my derrière handed to me against either super boss... I'd be with you on the critical-trigger for everyone, but...

Meh, if they should go ahead with this, I would like to remain uninformed. *Thwack*

ScottNUMBERS
11-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Never understood why they made it so that enemy's levels scale so tightly with that of playable characters. So first of all that.

There's the junction/limitbreak/battle system which is extremely flawed too, in an amount of ways that I can't possibly be arsed to type.

Would also like to see more focus on the SquallxSeifer love story. All we got in the original game was the odd hint dropped about Seifer's "romantic dream", relentless flirting and a kinky torture fetish scene. A small helping of side quests that offer a little more insight as reward for completion would be a nice touch.

In summary: Rehash the story, rehash the battle system. Maybe rehash some of the characters, maybe most of the characters. Remake FFVII instead.

Hollycat
11-06-2013, 06:04 PM

Guys Guys Guys!
It;s happening!
Sony?s Reviving PocketStation? for PlayStation Vita - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/06/sonys-reviving-pocketstation-for-playstation-vita)

Mirage
11-07-2013, 04:53 PM
I first played FF8 on a PC, which included chocobo world as a separate minigame so I could get all of the items.

Must suck to not be PC master race. :smug:

Shiny
11-10-2013, 06:22 AM
This would be nice, but I would still like the ability to magically grow giant size when adventuring around the world.

Rooster
05-28-2014, 03:38 AM
I know everybody may not agree with me but I think they should allow for all the playable characters to have name changes. I really enjoy this feature in FF games that dont have VA. I motion to even to start a petition or something. It should be simple to add, and I know it would make a lot of people like myself very happy! Please make it happen.

Alive-Cat
05-28-2014, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't really want too many alterations...but I like the idea of more Laguna scenes. Those were always my favourite parts of the game, so more of those flashbacks, more intricate story/scenes, maybe some boss battles, would be great.

maybee
05-29-2014, 11:50 AM
Would also like to see more focus on the SquallxSeifer love story. All we got in the original game was the odd hint dropped about Seifer's "romantic dream", relentless flirting and a kinky torture fetish scene.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/wtf/tyra_unsure.gif

We must of played a different Final Fantasy 8

ScottNUMBERS
05-29-2014, 01:41 PM
I found out that there were different variations of Renzokuken a few days ago and I'm still trying to come to terms with it. Please don't tell me there are variations of the entire game's plot, I don't think I could cope.

Forsaken Lover
06-01-2014, 04:11 PM
The HD Remaster of FFVIII is actually just Xenogears. That way you guys spend your money on a good game.

Yellow_Magic
06-01-2014, 05:00 PM
I can tell you what I would not like to see: The entirety of a GF attack every time one is used :(

Jiro
06-03-2014, 10:30 AM
I can tell you what I would not like to see: The entirety of a GF attack every time one is used :(
But then how would you boost?

Ayen
06-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Expanding the world so that the towns and everything don't feel so small would be a start. More character development for the other characters (as some have already mentioned) if at all possible and the ability to change everyone's names. I second maybee on the unlockable clothes and Wolf about rehauling the junction system to be less game breaking.