PDA

View Full Version : FFIII DS vs Other systems.

escobert
08-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Well being as I've only ever played FFIII on DS I was wondering, what aret he main differences (besides the touch screen crap) from the other versions of the game? How does it stack up?

I really enjoyed playing the DS version. The touchscreen wasn't too bad and you really didn't have to use it if you didn't want to.

ReloadPsi
08-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Needing to be able to get online in order to get every possible reward in the game on a console that has the worst internet connectivity I've seen in my entire life was a complete piss take. I still enjoyed the DS port though, but I have no preference either way.

escobert
08-18-2012, 05:50 PM
was the upgraded graphics and DS features the only difference in the ports?

ReloadPsi
08-18-2012, 05:58 PM
I'm not sure as I've only played the NES and DS versions.

Sephex
08-18-2012, 06:52 PM

The biggest difference to me is that they kind of expanded on the story more by having the characters look unique and have actual personalities in the DS version. I have not played enough of the original to say anything about this subject. Really should get around to fully playing through it one day.

Elpizo
08-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Job classes were also rebalanced in the DS remake, compared to the original where some classes were useless and others overpowered (read: Ninja and Sage). The Final Boss also no longer uses just 1 attack in the DS remake.

Del Murder
08-18-2012, 11:26 PM
I really enjoyed the remake. I did hear it was a lot different than the original but I don't know if I can go back to the old school style of the original. The updated graphics are cute and the job system clearly shows the missing link between FFI and FFV.

ReloadPsi
08-19-2012, 01:45 AM
Job classes were also rebalanced in the DS remake, compared to the original where some classes were useless and others overpowered (read: Ninja and Sage). The Final Boss also no longer uses just 1 attack in the DS remake.

The rebalancing in this version was great. Even the lowly Bard was a bad-ass powerhouse if you could figure out how to use it right.

Elpizo
08-19-2012, 01:49 AM
Yeah, Bards were a great support class in the DS version. I used one in one of my playthroughs. Players willingly picking a bard for their party, imagine!

Mercen-X
08-20-2012, 02:59 AM

The biggest difference to me is that they kind of expanded on the story more by having the characters look unique and have actual personalities in the DS version. I have not played enough of the original to say anything about this subject. Really should get around to fully playing through it one day.

Having seen what little I have of what they've done with III, I would like to see the same treatment with the Original Final Fantasy. Option 1) four warriors with unique looks and personalities. Option 2) one warrior, likely in an action/adventure version of the RPG.