PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII: Soldier's Cry

Mercen-X
08-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Maybe it's because I've played through most of the compilation (having also watched Last Order, AC and read the novella), but VII now has the most characters in its stable that I'd like to see duke it out tournament-style or command-style (leading armies).

I'm already constructing a tournament involving all characters to have potentially been experimented on (by Hojo including Zack despite the fact he was immune; by Hollander possibly including Gillian; and by Fuhito... himself and the Ravens).

I've already suggested via long rants my desire for a Final Fantasy and Star Wars: Battlefront fusion. I was originally willing to allow most main characters a spot as unlockable "heroes/villains" a la Dissidia. But right now, I'm imagining a strictly VII Battlefront.

Some people have questioned why those of us who love VII... love VII. It could be that it was the first FF we really played. It could be that SE also seems to love it the most (enough to release so much added content long after its original release). It could be due to the fact that there is so much extra content, so much extra detail, extra characters, extra story to be loved. Sure DoC may not have had great gameplay. It may not have even had a great plot. But I still liked the characters they introduced and I liked the story. I liked AC and CC and from what I've read of BC, I'm sure I'd like that too.

Now I once again present my list of characters/armies which would be featured in a fusion of the style I've suggested.

AVALANCHE/Ravens versus ShinRa/Turks
Elfe, Sears, Barret, Tifa, Vincent, Yuffie, Nanaki
versus
Cloud, Sephiroth, Zack, Reno, Rude, Cissnei, Legend

SOLDIER versus Project G
Zack, Cloud, Sephiroth
versus
Genesis, Angeal, Hollander

AVALANCHE versus SOLDIER
Barret, Cloud, Tifa, Wedge, Jessie, Biggs
versus
Rufus, Reno, Rude, Elena, Palmer, Hojo

AVALANCHE versus S Legacy
Cloud, Tifa, Vincent
versus
Kadaj, Loz, Yazoo

WRO versus Deepground
Vincent, Barret, Cloud, Tifa, Yuffie
versus
Weiss, Nero, Rosso, Azul, Shelke

Rant ended.

Jiro
08-19-2012, 05:07 AM
There's something about FF7 and fighting games that just appeals to you, isn't there? :p I wouldn't mind seeing Ergheiz come back and bring even more FF characters with it.

Sephex
08-19-2012, 05:10 AM
There's something about FF7 and fighting games that just appeals to you, isn't there? :p I wouldn't mind seeing Ergheiz come back and bring even more FF characters with it.

Oh man! I totally forgot about Ergheiz! I actually own a copy. I might have to dust that one off and give it a spin again.

Mercen-X
08-21-2012, 05:53 PM
I bought a guide book for Ehrgeiz while renting it. Then I never bought the game. Raw deal.:eep: