PDA

View Full Version : What does locking a world actually do?

blackmage_nuke
08-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Gameplay wise I know you have to lock them all to get the secret ending, but Ive wondered since KH1 what locking a world does plotwise, the first time I locked a world I thought it was closing the barrier, which would stop the heartless getting through... right? Nope heartless still showed up, so Im confused as to what it actually means to lock a world.

ShinGundam
08-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Gameplay wise I know you have to lock them all to get the secret ending, but Ive wondered since KH1 what locking a world does plotwise, the first time I locked a world I thought it was closing the barrier, which would stop the heartless getting through... right? Nope heartless still showed up, so Im confused as to what it actually means to lock a world.
I don't remember KH1, but the point is to prevents the Heartless from ruining/consuming a world in the same way that happened to Destiny Islands.

Del Murder
08-18-2012, 11:15 PM
^Bingo.

Jiro
08-19-2012, 05:10 AM
It makes sure the Heartless can't eat the heart of the world. I don't know. Something something something chastity belt for your heart something.

Mercen-X
08-20-2012, 02:28 AM
Purple prose.

Fynn
08-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Yep, locking the Heart of the world out of the reach of the Heartless. That's it.

blackmage_nuke
08-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Then why do the heartless still show up even though they cant eat?

Fynn
08-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Then why do the heartless still show up even though they cant eat?

People have hearts as well. You can't see the people, but they're there, trust me. The Heartless are there as long as there is darkness in people's hearts.

Mercen-X
08-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Yeah, KH isn't FF12, so they can't include wandering NPCs in every battlefield. As every world is itself a gigantic battlfield, NPCs can't be shown. I believe II's Hollow Bastion had the most NPCs? When you also include the FFers.