PDA

View Full Version : Agito Type-0 versus BCFF7

Mercen-X
08-18-2012, 06:11 PM
So, Type-0 is supposed to be out... soon...ish...

There's also talk that once SE finally puts out XIII-2, KH3, and Versus (as well as a couple of non-KH/FF-related titles as they've been "neglecting" those a while), supposedly Before Crisis will be remade for the 3DS. OF course, by then they have released the 4DS, but that's beside the point.

Given the character archetypes and the fact the "individual" characters all look remarkably similar, when Type-0 is finally released, will you (I mostly refer to VII fans) still bother playing BC? Or, god forbid, let's say Type-0 is delayed to the point that they are actually able to and succeed in releasing BC before it. Would you still bother playing Type-0 if you already owned/played BC?

They seem very alike to me.

Del Murder
08-18-2012, 07:51 PM
I'd play BC if it's for a system I own. I also hope Type-0 gets released in the US someday.

Fynn
08-18-2012, 09:31 PM
They don't look similar at all to me, when it comes to gameplay. Some of the character designs may look similar, sure, but saying I wouldn't play BC because Agito has similar designs is like saying there's no reason to play The World Ends With You because the characters look like they're from Kingdom Hearts.

Mercen-X
08-20-2012, 03:39 AM
They also appear in Kingdom Hearts. :p

When I say the character designs are similar, I mean the fact that both games features a large group comprised of individuals who are unique in fairly vague ways. It's probably true that the Turks lack more true individuality in personality than the cast of Agito. But it also reminds me of 358/2 Days as O13 is also unique in ways you have to dig hard to see.

Jiro
08-23-2012, 07:31 AM
I will play both if it is financially responsible to do so. The Turks are a favourite of mine, and I am quite interested in seeing these kids at the academy in Type-0. But I'm not really willing to go purchase new, separate systems just to play a game I might enjoy a little bit.

Mercen-X
08-29-2012, 11:47 PM
That's very practical.

Skyblade
09-01-2012, 05:46 AM
When did Type-0 get confirmed for a US release?

nirojan
09-05-2012, 11:16 AM
So, Type-0 is supposed to be out... soon...ish...

There's also talk that once SE finally puts out XIII-2, KH3, and Versus (as well as a couple of non-KH/FF-related titles as they've been "neglecting" those a while), supposedly Before Crisis will be remade for the 3DS. OF course, by then they have released the 4DS, but that's beside the point.

Given the character archetypes and the fact the "individual" characters all look remarkably similar, when Type-0 is finally released, will you (I mostly refer to VII fans) still bother playing BC? Or, god forbid, let's say Type-0 is delayed to the point that they are actually able to and succeed in releasing BC before it. Would you still bother playing Type-0 if you already owned/played BC?

They seem very alike to me.

Not to accuse you of pulling this out of your ass....but where'd you hear this from? Link to an article or anything?

When did Type-0 get confirmed for a US release?

I believe the director Hajima Tabata claimed it was being prepp'd for international release, but that was late 2011. Things may very well have fallen apart since then.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/30/report-final-fantasy-type-0-getting-international-release/

Mercen-X
09-08-2012, 08:26 AM
In 2005 Square Enix released a statement stating that Before Crisis would see a North American release, although, as of yet, no further information has been made available.

Wolf Kanno
09-08-2012, 10:28 AM
I'd play Type-0 because I know BC's plot is trash. On the one hand, BC does offer a bit more of a traditional turn based style of game compared to the action-rpg that Type-0 is but I honestly enjoyed Type-0's demo, despite being made by the Crisis Core team. :p

I also feel that the chances of BC coming over here are slim to none unless it gets the coded treatment and is completely remade but even then, I feel SE is done milking VII for the time being. Of anything, I'm now wondering if SE is going to release Type-0 over here cause it hasn't really been talked about much out here in the West. The West has weaker handheld sales and Sony has all but abandoned the PSP, so maybe Squenix is taking it's time for the Vita to start getting better sales n the West.

nirojan
09-09-2012, 01:09 AM
In 2005 Square Enix released a statement stating that Before Crisis would see a North American release, although, as of yet, no further information has been made available.

I meant where'd you hear this specifically:
"There's also talk that once SE finally puts out XIII-2, KH3, and Versus (as well as a couple of non-KH/FF-related titles as they've been "neglecting" those a while), supposedly Before Crisis will be remade for the 3DS. OF course, by then they have released the 4DS, but that's beside the point."

Your statement did not cover any of the potential timeline of released/ports that you outline.