PDA

View Full Version : Shorty's Round 1 Bob Loblaw Mog Blog Confession

Shorty
08-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Shorty's Round 1 Bob Loblaw Mog Blog Confession

As requested by the gracious and lovely host of the Eyeson Idol CK Competition, this is my mog blog thread containing all of my super secret answers to the round one question!

1) What makes a good member?
A good member is made of an equal balance of participation and respect for the others on the board. This entire forum is about participation - whether it's with creating threads or responding to them, creating events or playing a part in them, utilizing the member blogs or even playing the new Triple Triad games - the only way this forum thrives is by participation by the members. Let's not fool ourselves by thinking that there's massive waves of courtesy floating around here. But there are indeed those members who maintain respect and tact when perhaps dealing with a heated debate that could otherwise turn nasty if there wasn't a respect for the other member's opinion. That, to me, makes a good member. A sense of humor doesn't hurt, either.

2) What makes a good CK?
There's a lot of nonsense on this board (it's mostly nonsense, really), but the members here know how to make the place fun and entertaining. A good CK is someone who knows to determine the difference between a joke and an rude attack and who knows where and when to step in and break up an inappropriate discussion or to let someone know that what they post isn't okay. Most importantly, though, they know how to have fun!

3) What would you like to change about Eyeson to make it better?
We've had a few events lately and that's what I love to see. I'd really like to see one event pop up atleast every month, but that might be too much to ask. Is the event committee even utilized anymore? Maybe a revamp can be done to get more people involved in things like that. Maybe even a competition to who can recruit the most members to bring a little spice (and newbies) to the forums.

4) What color would you prefer your CK tag to be?
Teal!

5)If you were to be thrown into the thunderdome with one of the current staff, who would you go against and what would be your tactic?
I would looooove to throw down with foapants. She would be a tough challenge but if I won I could stand on her face with my fists in the air like a champion. My tactic would be to hop around making her tired enough to the point that I could jump on her back and choke her pipes until she passed out because my swings and punches would be essentially useless.

6) What does FF(and EoFF) mean to you?
Love and friendship! Perhaps the lamest possible answer, but it's true. The underlying moral of each of the FF games is always the same. We all have an interest in Final Fantasy as a common denominator, but friendship has been the thing that has kept me coming back to this place for eleven years now. I haven't always been an incredibly active member, but the friends that I've met here have been in my life one way or another, even if I've been away. The members of this community share a bond that I have yet to find anywhere else, and that's why I love it here and will continue to keep coming back.

Dusting off the lower forums has made me realize how sad they are and that they need more attention! This challenge to post more down there has made consider replaying/playing some games for the first time, regardless of what happens with this competition.

uno (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-final-fantasy/144092-convince-me.html)
dos (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-viii/144121-leveling-up-vs-remaining-low-levels.html)
tres (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-x/144142-ending-series-events-so-spoilers.html)

Freya
08-18-2012, 07:00 PM
That was hopefully the goal! Most members have forgotten the lower forums. I made the rule that they can't post in the same generation or same game forum so they'd have to branch out! It seems that a lot of people just want to complain about being active though :/ Lazy peoples.

Shorty
08-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Unfortunately, my experience limits me to only a certain forums. :/ I won't lie, I did have some difficulty coming up with threads, but only because the same topics have been brought up over and over. It's almost a waste to try to post anything new ever in the FFVII forum.

Freya
08-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Luckily in that situation there has been a lot of VII news of late with the re-release happening. So you can go from that angle! And even if it's been discussed before a lot of those old threads are dead. So don't be afraid to bring something up again.

Shorty
08-18-2012, 07:12 PM
alrighty, thanks! :love:

Jiro
08-19-2012, 05:24 AM
Hey, have you noticed how many fucking threads I've posted in there recently. :colbert: Making it sound pathetic and dead makes me feel like I wasn't doing a good enough job. I know it's a little bit sad but there's no reason to be so negative. :aimmad:

Shorty
08-19-2012, 05:25 AM
Are you sassing me, Jiro? :aimmad:

I wasn't being so negative! I just meant that in comparison to the more active forums, it's sad! It was no reflection on the people who actually post there. :(

Jiro
08-20-2012, 02:04 AM
Yeah I'm just sassing you gurl :aimkiss: It is sad to see the state of the FF Forums except for these two points:

1) it is currently exploding

2) we're probs more active than any other FF site

So it's not all bad!

Shorty
08-20-2012, 02:05 AM
Well I redact my earlier statement because yes, the explosion of activity down there is quite nice!

also :aimkiss:

Psychotic
08-20-2012, 06:17 PM
so just what is it about eoff staff members that makes you want to date them

:jokey:

Shorty
08-20-2012, 06:31 PM
same reason I'm doing this competition

POWAH

Psychotic
08-20-2012, 06:35 PM
i'm the most powerful eoff staffer of all time

how come you've never come onto me sarah?

is it because you think i'm out of your league?

i mean... i guess i kind of am, so...

Shorty
08-20-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm saving you for last, Paulrus :aimkiss:

I'll have you know that the others came on to me :colbert:

Psychotic
08-20-2012, 06:41 PM
I don't think we'd work out. See, you're a hipster and you like things before they become popular. I like things before you hipsters like them and ruin them forever.

Shorty
08-20-2012, 06:42 PM
That's such a hipster thing to say.

Psychotic
08-20-2012, 06:43 PM
whatever

go back to hot topic and get a wallet with a skull on it!

Shorty
08-20-2012, 06:46 PM
I'll do you one better honeybunch I've got one with Emily the Strange on it

Psychotic
08-20-2012, 06:47 PM
my god you are such a penis

Shorty
08-20-2012, 06:48 PM
You looove it :love:

Psychotic
08-20-2012, 06:52 PM
seriously what the smurf is that sig

a dead woman?

oh i'm a walking corpse!

how deeeeeep

you're not dead you 2-bit goth you're a smurfin live

how about instead of obsessing over something you do not and never will have any understanding of until it's too late to care

you grow out that dye, you take those stupid ass piercings out, stop listening to depressing music

AND START LISTENING TO TAYLOR SWIFT OR SOMETHING

WEAR FLOWERY DRESSES

jeebus!

son of the bitch!

paul 1 sarah zero :aimsun:

Shorty
08-20-2012, 07:00 PM
I AM A PRODUCT OF THE DEPTHS OF SOCIETY THAT I COME FROM I WON'T CONFORM TO YOUR STANDARDS LAY OFF ME OR I'LL SOCK YOU SQUARE IN THE NOSE

you are the worst

Psychotic
08-20-2012, 07:05 PM
are you vegan

Shorty
08-20-2012, 07:06 PM
No :colbert:

Psychotic
08-20-2012, 07:09 PM
i bet you like to say that you like to drink wine while watching foreign language films when really you've only done it like once or twice don't you

Shorty
08-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Also smoking. Don't forget smoking.

Psychotic
08-20-2012, 07:18 PM
With a cigarette holder.

Or you roll your own.

Or cloves.

OR ALL THREE.

Shorty
08-20-2012, 07:20 PM
If I wanted to be really hipster, I'd roll my own. Cloves is correct!

Psychotic
08-20-2012, 07:22 PM
my god you are such a penis

Shorty
08-20-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm going to wear you down. My mixture of goth, hipster and hippyness will prevail!

Psychotic
08-20-2012, 07:27 PM
you remind me of a female julian

Shorty
08-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Juliebird is a sex-crazed metalhead, though. I am not.

Psychotic
08-20-2012, 07:30 PM
now you're making it too easy.

in more ways than one, heyo!

Shorty
:aimmad:

Madame Adequate
Moonflower Starchild you are quite legitimately the most horrendous creature that ever coalesced in the depths of a hippy's unwashed pair of boots. I am going to see to it that you live in a concrete cube for the rest of your life. There will be television screens that mostly display more concrete but occasionally they will show images of flowers and trees and fields. In your disgusting lust to shove stamens up your stigma you will approach it with hopeful wonder in your eyes, and reach out your hand but OH-! No. It will disappear before your very eyes and revert to showing a concrete wall.

Or maybe some industrial steel plating.

Psychotic
08-20-2012, 07:33 PM
i like big butts and i cannot lie

Shorty
08-20-2012, 07:35 PM
You're jealous of my spirit and that I'm one with the earth. I WILL NOT BE BROKEN

Instead I will see to it that you are placed in a sancuary with friendly wild animals and birds and a plethora of beautiful flowers and trees and little bees and butterflies buzzing around and they will all be your friends and talk to you and nature will be in your ear every moment of the day and you'll never have another thought to yourself because Mother Earth is going to invade your soul.

Madame Adequate
08-20-2012, 07:37 PM
I will kill and eat all of it. And whatever is left I will use to build mining machines, and then I will dig up metal and rock and I will say "EARTH FIRST! We can pave the other planets later!"

Freya
08-20-2012, 07:39 PM
Wild game is the tastiest....

Shorty
08-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Nope. The dandelions and ivy will grow up and over everything at my command to cease your progression.

Madame Adequate
08-20-2012, 07:45 PM
You think you're Poison Ivy but you're more like using poison on a final boss where it will be completely useless :smug:

Though that wasn't true in FF13 admittedly it was pretty damn useful there

made a nice change

anyway yeah get your waps out and I'll put in a good word for you regarding this competition

Shorty
08-20-2012, 07:47 PM
I AM GAIA AND I WILL DESTROY YOU

with love and flowers

Jiro
08-21-2012, 01:15 AM
Whoa what's with all the hate?

I was gonna say that like

I tried to crack onto Shorty but I wasn't staff any more so it failed :(

sadface forever :(

Shorty
08-21-2012, 01:18 AM
That wasn't the reason you struck out, bro!

DK
08-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Every time I read one of Sarah's posts this is the only thing that goes through my mind (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuu1vPtnBYw)

Shorty
08-21-2012, 10:03 PM
That is essentially what I'm doing.

Shorty
08-22-2012, 12:26 AM
knew you'd love it bb

Shorty
08-22-2012, 12:41 AM
But you love AD :(

Shorty
08-22-2012, 12:48 AM
:love:

Jiro
08-22-2012, 03:28 AM
Congrats on not utterly fucking this round up darlin' :aimkiss:

Shorty
08-22-2012, 05:20 AM
Thank you and I'm glad to see that I could rise above your expectations, darlin :aimkiss:

Jiro
08-22-2012, 05:23 AM
My expectations for you are much higher but it's nice to see them validated! Also I heard you're pretty clever and are good at hide and seek and finding stuff and I KNOW YOU GOT THAT IMMUNITY IDOL YOU DELIGHTFUL YOUNG LADY