PDA

View Full Version : bono from U2 flung into alternate dimension

Jowy
08-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Pick one person to just eradicate entirely from musical history. No entire bands or groups; just one individual.

Psychotic
08-18-2012, 08:16 PM
fred durst.

Limp Bizkit was made up of some truly talented musicians. And him.

charliepanayi
08-18-2012, 08:27 PM
You can't get rid of Bono, U2 were great in the 80s and 90s!

Can I say Simon Cowell? Failing that Mariah Carey.

Sephex
08-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Either member of ICP.

Hollycat
08-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Justin Beiber is too obvious.
I'll go with Skrillex

The Captain
08-18-2012, 08:56 PM
T-Pain. Without him, maybe we wouldn't have auto-tune, which in turn would mean we have a lot less of the untalented singers who can sound passable due to technology.

Though he technically didn't invent it of course, he just made it popular.

Take care all.

Shorty
08-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Kanye. Get him out of here.

Pike
08-18-2012, 09:27 PM
You can't get rid of Bono, U2 were great in the 80s and 90s!

This.

also I pick whoever sang Call Me Maybe.

charliepanayi
08-18-2012, 09:38 PM

One of the best musicians of the last decade? Honestly, some people...

Shorty
08-18-2012, 09:39 PM

One of the best musicians of the last decade? Honestly, some people...

I hope that's sarcasm. I can't tell.

charliepanayi
08-18-2012, 09:44 PM
No sarcasm, the guy is brilliant.

Shorty
08-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Brilliantly retarded, maybe. The man is a plague upon this earth.

Bunny
08-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Whoever has the most pull within the RIAA.

DMKA
08-18-2012, 11:07 PM
Either member of ICP.

Rantz
08-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Someone who didn't much like to play music I guess. :shobon:

Del Murder
08-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Neil Diamond.

ReloadPsi
08-19-2012, 01:32 AM
Gonna stick with Bono. He and The Edge are two of the most selfless, philanthropic and altruistic people in the entire world with a ton of respect for art over profit, so much so that when they wrote the theme song for the James Bond movie GoldenEye, they refused to allow the score composer to incorporate the song into it.

Granted this decision means leaving The Edge to keep propagating the idea that spending a large amount of money on different effects pedals for your guitar classifies you a talented musician, but whatever. At least he's still here for us to laugh at.

The Man
08-19-2012, 01:52 AM
fred durst.

Limp Bizkit was made up of some truly talented musicians. And him.Probably this.

blackmage_nuke
08-19-2012, 01:53 AM
T-Pain. Without him, maybe we wouldn't have auto-tune, which in turn would mean we have a lot less of the untalented singers who can sound passable due to technology.

Though he technically didn't invent it of course, he just made it popular.

Take care all.

Great composers arent always great singers/performers. And yet much of the time in the musical industry the one who performs a song gets a lot more credit than the one who composed it. I think it's fair for some people to use auto tune to create the sound they want when its not something they are able to make themselves. You could almost argue that autotune is like cgi. Directors use it to make things happen that they cant make happen to produce the effect desired in their work.

Anyone can remix/cover a song in a great performance, but only one person can compose it and i dont think theres anything wrong with good composers who arent great performers using autotune to get ahead in the industry.

That said people who perform songs composed by other people and use autotune to do so, im not too happy with that.

The Man
08-19-2012, 01:55 AM
The thing is, 95% of the time auto-tune is used, it manages to make whatever it is used on sound worse. There have been a few examples of it being used to improve a song, such as Kanye West's "Runaway", where it is used as an instrument rather than a means to cover up vocal flaws, but by and large it just sounds awful. Then again we wouldn't have Auto-Tune the News without auto-tune, so I guess there is that.

charliepanayi
08-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Can I also suggest whoever allowed The Darkness to come back from the dustbin of musical history and do a third album.

Pike
08-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Since when did we hate U2? Sure Bono is a dick but a dick can still make decent music. U2 was great up through the early 90s or so.

The Man
08-19-2012, 04:22 PM
U2 hasn't been anything I would describe as good since about 2000 or so. But yeah, their early work is great.

charliepanayi
08-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Yeah I mean you can suggest present day Bono to toss into the sun if you so wish but it would be crazy to lose Achtung Baby from music.

Shoden
08-20-2012, 05:19 AM
Hard choice but to be a little controversial, I say Morrisey. One of the biggest tosspots to ever open his mouth, people worship his lyrics and singing, I say he's vastly over rated and would do the world a favour by fading from existence.

The Man
08-20-2012, 05:23 AM
I could take or leave anything he's done since the Smiths broke up but The Queen Is Dead is absolutely perfect. No. :doublecolbert:

Shorty
08-20-2012, 05:23 AM
Hard choice but to be a little controversial, I say Morrisey. One of the biggest tosspots to ever open his mouth, people worship his lyrics and singing, I say he's vastly over rated and would do the world a favour by fading from existence.

By this logic, Axl Rose needs to go as well.

Shoden
08-20-2012, 05:39 AM

By this logic, Axl Rose needs to go as well.

I agree with this. Totally. I hate GnR more than I dislike the Smiths. SO YES!

Shiny
08-20-2012, 05:40 AM
In all honesty, Kanye may be an asshole, but he's talented. I can do without his raps, but some of his beats are just so magical.

I will say Lil Wayne, but I don't think I'd go as far to say eradicate. I just don't like his flow, dirty raps, generic music, or really anything about him.

Laddy
08-20-2012, 05:40 AM
I agree with T-Pain. Not with T-Pain, but with him fading from this plane.

Freya
08-20-2012, 05:57 AM
But without T-pain I wouldn't have I'm on a boat.

The Man
08-20-2012, 06:34 AM
In all honesty, Kanye may be an asshole, but he's talented. I can do without his raps, but some of his beats are just so magical.^. Kanye is an average rapper at best, but he's one of the best producers working in the genre, and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy does as much to progress the genre as Paul's Boutique did twenty years earlier. No joke. It's just a shame he insists on clipping the fuck out of his records.