PDA

View Full Version : FFV Remake

Del Murder
08-19-2012, 12:03 AM
Square has remade FFs I-IV (not just rereleased), some of them multiple times, so I'm sure it's crossed their minds to do the same with their 5th entry.

People cry for a FFVII remake, and I'd not turn my head away from a FFVI one, but of all the FFs left out there I would say V gets me most excited for a remake due to the potential for its wonderful job system. Imagine a FFV with the graphic upgrade that FFIV got and a job system similar to Tactics or even the Dresspheres of X-2. Where instead of just leveling jobs you get AP and can use them to buy abilities or passive traits. Or even a possibility where you can change jobs mid battle. I would definitely shell out for a 3DS or Vita to play that game.

Discuss how awesome this idea is as well as how you would improve the job system in a remake of FFV.

Sephex
08-19-2012, 02:28 AM
I would just be happy with less freaking points needed to max out job classes. As I age I get less and less patient for grinding in any type of game. I'm old! Get off my world map, kids!

VeloZer0
08-19-2012, 04:55 PM
I am also of the mind that FF5 would do the best with a remake compared to any other FF title.

Citizen Bleys
08-19-2012, 06:22 PM
You mean like...the one that already exists for GBA? It adds new jobs and content, just like every other FF remake.

VeloZer0
08-19-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm more considering that a port with extra content.

Laddy
08-20-2012, 02:42 AM
I grew to like V with the improved translation and new jobs, so a graphical overhaul along with additional content would certainly pique my interest.

Raistlin
08-20-2012, 04:40 AM
I would play the fuck out of an FFV remake. I never played the GBA version, though. Was that a significant upgrade to the original?

Elpizo
08-20-2012, 12:40 PM
It had touched-up graphics (especially the battle backgrounds were a huge improvement) and the best translation of V we've ever had (fan or official). There were some extra jobs and a nice bonus dungeon with a story-related optional super boss (Enuo).

Wolf Kanno
09-11-2012, 08:43 AM
A remake would be interesting. I can't see them changing the job system drastically from the original, cause unlike FFIVDS and it's Augment system, FFV doesn't really need the gameplay to be overhauled too much. I wouldn't mind if some of the class skills were changed around (drop some of the Equip__ skills) and the addition of new skills for the classes (Knight getting Deathblow or Darkside). A few new classes wouldn't hurt as long as they were placed into the game a little better than the ones in the GBA version. I would also keep the optional dungeon from the GBA cause it was awesome.

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Elizabeth_McGlynn) has to be Faris' VA.

Depression Moon
09-11-2012, 02:15 PM
GIVE US OFFLINE AND ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!

Roogle
09-12-2012, 07:59 AM
GIVE US OFFLINE AND ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!

Yes, online multiplayer should be a standard for games these days. I cannot tell you how many times I have replayed Final Fantasy V with a friend on ZSNES Netplay.

Talneharus
10-07-2012, 07:03 AM
Give me a remake with FF IV's psp graphics and detail, and I'll give Square cash faster than Sonic could woof down a chillidog! :exdee:

maybee
10-07-2012, 11:48 AM
I have been crying so long for a Final Fantasy V remake since 2008. Square Enix thinks it's better to make another Final Fantasy 13 game instead.

I want my Final Fantasy V damn it Stupid Eggtards. Yes that is what SE truly stands for; Stupid Eggtards because that is what they are.

[Goes back to crying and getting drunk while crying even louder.

Shauna
10-10-2012, 01:53 PM
An FFV remake would provide the opportunity for me to play this one. I played a little bit on an emulator once, but never got far. :3

Fynn
10-10-2012, 02:09 PM
I've been pining for an overhaul of this for a long time. I mean, there's nothing wrong with the game, I just want it to be made into something like FFIV on the DS...*sigh*

Loony BoB
10-11-2012, 09:51 AM
FFV is the only NES/SNES game that I would really, really, really like to see happen. So I hope it does. Aside from a graphical overhaul, I would hope that they would add new towns, items, dungeons, fights, abilities, NPCs, sidequests, online multiplayer and an expanded script for each scene, perhaps with a few new scenes to really extend the character/lore depth.