PDA

View Full Version : Would you come back?

Del Murder
08-19-2012, 12:24 AM
This is for those of us that played FFXI and have since moved on. Would you ever come back? What if your dream scenario happened? And I'm talking something big and outrageous, like a Realm Reborn type remake of the entire game. That would certainly get my attention and I'd have to check it out.

I still may jump on to try out the new expansion once it comes out and I hear what people have to say about it.

Citizen Bleys
08-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Would and did. It's a very different Vana'diel out there than it was when cap was 75.

Roogle
08-24-2012, 02:25 AM
No, I would not come back. Unfortunately, I do not have the time or the resources to play an online game with that much dedication. Final Fantasy XI still has a certain place in my memory in a positive light.

ReloadPsi
08-24-2012, 12:17 PM
I couldn't take the players bitching me out for not spending every single turn casting Refresh on them or constantly chasing rabbits around the countryside. So no.

Citizen Bleys
08-24-2012, 06:30 PM
I couldn't take the players bitching me out for not spending every single turn casting Refresh on them or constantly chasing rabbits around the countryside. So no.

It's not like that at all anymore. The only buffs I've heard anyone call for in a year are pro/shell.

People can sub rdm for refresh now. Of course, BLU has its own native refresh, so doesn't have to, and BRD now has Ballad III, so it's possible to exceed 3mp/tick even without refresh.

Jessweeee♪
08-24-2012, 10:26 PM
I've been wanting to! If I have have monies and internet I will.

Rostum
08-24-2012, 11:08 PM
I've done my dash with this game, so probably not. :( It'll always have a special place in my heart.

Tsuris
10-17-2012, 10:04 AM
I got the PS2 version Way back, couldn't even manage to type before someone thought I wasn't typing and left me, so I could NEVER ask for help (almost) had trouble finding what button did what (or remembering) and never played long enough to find out what was going on......PC maybe, PS2..NO!

WildRaubtier
10-17-2012, 06:39 PM
I want to try playing a Galka. Galkas are excellent.

Ouch!
10-17-2012, 09:25 PM
The only scenario in which I'd rejoin would be if they introduced servers in the manner that they did for Everquest (I think it was Everquest!) in which they wipe the proverbial slate clean and release the game as it was at launch with the only changes being those that were introduced as fixes via patches (such as the introduction of Fields of Valor or the adjustments to two-handed STR:Attack and DEX:Accuracy ratios) but without any expansions. Periodically (every few months) they release the expansions in order. I think it would be a hell of a lot of fun to go through with everyone and complete the various stories together as a community since that was one thing I was never really able to do due to my habit of quitting and rejoining.

Increased drop-rates to accompany this would not be frowned up either.

Quindiana Jones
10-21-2012, 03:50 PM
If I had a laptop that could run it, I would.

Citizen Bleys
10-21-2012, 10:09 PM
I don't think it's even possible to acquire a laptop that won't run FFXI; the computers that were new when FFXI came out have all crumbled to dust by now.

Who are you, Marty McFly?

Miriel
10-22-2012, 08:50 AM
My Dell laptop from 2004 could run the game. :o

WildRaubtier
10-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Oh, http://imageshack.us/a/img84/5152/ffxi20081206182653.jpg

Loony BoB
10-22-2012, 02:34 PM
If it went free to play then I'd play again from time to time. But I don't think I have the dedication needed for a grind to L99. My L42 or so PLD is as high as I've got before just getting bored of things. I refuse to be given a free ride (ie, power leveled by anything more than heals) on my first job. Second jobs, sure, but not the first! The experience of reaching levels for the first time should be earned.

A lot of EoFFers would probably need to join at the same time on the same server for it to be truly worthwhile, though, so there's that little stipulation, too.

Fynn
10-23-2012, 06:13 PM
I don't know if this would count as returning (cause I've only played a 14-day trial), but I would play this game again, once I have a steady income, but only with my fiancee, 'cause that's how we played it then and I don't think there's any other way any of us can do it :) So it's less like I would like to do it, more like I plan to if it's still alive by then.