PDA

View Full Version : P2

Madonna
08-19-2012, 04:03 AM
http://vignettegrimoire.com/_lynx/_fora/madonna_ffvi_eff-multiplayer.png

Does anyone actually enjoy using the multiplayer function in VI (originally released in the US as III)? It was a feature carried over from V, and something which should not have. It allowed you to plug in a second controller to your Super Nintendo Entertainment System and basically ruin all your fun.

blackmage_nuke
08-19-2012, 04:22 AM
I remember I helped my friend beat the final boss of FFIV with the two player, then I had to close my eyes and hum loudly because i was only halfway through the game and didnt want spoilers.
I assume I would not have enjoyed the multiplayer function for VI

Agent Proto
08-19-2012, 04:39 AM
No, I did not ever used this feature. Though, it does seem like an interesting idea if the second player isn't there to ruin your gaming experience.

Sephex
08-19-2012, 04:59 AM
A friend and I tried it once. We didn't mess with each other, but got very bored with the feature quickly.

Jiro
08-19-2012, 05:13 AM
Didn't even know it existed. How did it work? Were they merely a battle participant?

Sephex
08-19-2012, 05:18 AM
Didn't even know it existed. How did it work? Were they merely a battle participant?

You got it! You have won a free SNES controller that can double as a boomerang!

Citizen Bleys
08-19-2012, 07:05 PM
What? This existed? No.

The only SNES RPGs worth a 2 player mode in were Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore.

Raistlin
08-20-2012, 04:37 AM
I never used this either, and had even forgotten its existence. Though I imagine it could be entertaining way to troll a "friend."

Madonna
08-20-2012, 11:14 AM
Ding ding, Sephex wins a trophy. The two-player mode exists as having an extra person sit there in combat and control a couple of your characters. This sucks because a) your characters are being used by someone else and b) combat is really, really manageable by one person. The second person there is grating, and they get frustrated too because they only need to pick up a controller during combat, so oft just sit and sulk while you play. Maybe they throw out advice. Maybe they quit paying attention while the controls are set for the second player. Eventually, someone gets mad and Kefka is not the only person people are considering killing.