PDA

View Full Version : The Last Story

KentaRawr!
08-19-2012, 04:41 AM
Anyone pick this up? I just got it Friday. I've played a bit of it and so far I really like it! Syrenne is funny. :P

Fynn
08-19-2012, 07:25 AM
I just beat it recently. Overall, it was a fun experience, though I must say I had expected something better from all the hype...

KentaRawr!
08-21-2012, 04:45 AM
The characters in this game have such odd fashion sense!

Fynn
08-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Yeah, they do stand out among the more traditional medieval-fantasy npcs, but that didn't bother me much. Hell, the characters are the best thing about this game. Except for Zael's love interest... Oh God, I want to strangle her, she is so bland!

KentaRawr!
08-22-2012, 03:59 AM
I'm only at Ch. 15, but she makes me think of Jasmine from Aladdin mixed with Marle from Chrono Trigger so far.

Personally, I'd rather have Zael x Yurick, but whatevs. :p

Del Murder
08-22-2012, 04:08 AM
I have this coming to me on pre-order. I'm scared to play it because I've seen it get harsh reviews.

Fynn
08-22-2012, 08:21 AM
I'm only at Ch. 15, but she makes me think of Jasmine from Aladdin mixed with Marle from Chrono Trigger so far.

Personally, I'd rather have Zael x Yurick, but whatevs. :p

Yeah, her role is nice and does remind me of those two. But she lacks the fire that made both of those girls interesting. Also, Zael himself is dull as hell as well. How come the supporting cast of this game is so much more interesting than the leads?

Wolf Kanno
08-31-2012, 05:26 AM
I picked this game up on day one, but sadly, Persona 4 Arena is consuming my time and making me want to play through the Persona games instead. So sadly, it's sitting next to Skyward Sword and No More Heroes 2 on my Wii-To-Do-List. Which is kind of sad since of the three Operation Rainfall titles, this was the one I was most interested in.

Zeldy
10-23-2012, 12:13 AM
I started this today, and to be honest I didnt enjoy it, I found the characters to be incredibly annoying (what is with the voices for these characters?!) buuuuuuut Im going to carry on regardless.

Del Murder
10-23-2012, 02:39 AM
I'm still getting through Xenoblade Chronicles, which I at least know to be a great game, before I brave this one. 120 hours and counting. :D

Edge7
10-23-2012, 05:44 AM
Lowell is hands down my favorite character.

I only got to play a little bit before I went to college (got it around the same time as Xenoblade) while I do like Xenoblade more, the Last Story is fun, and I do enjoy the supporting cast, though the actin'g a bit spotty at points.

Flaming Ice
10-23-2012, 06:51 AM
-.-

Multiplayer online...mages pretty much kill you in one hit....

Did't get through much of the story.....

Fynn
10-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Lowell is hands down my favorite character.

I only got to play a little bit before I went to college (got it around the same time as Xenoblade) while I do like Xenoblade more, the Last Story is fun, and I do enjoy the supporting cast, though the actin'g a bit spotty at points.

I actually loved all the voices. The localization team did an incredible job, IMO< and the VAs are also amazing. Mirania is probably my fav character (she's just so weird! I love it :love:), but Lowell, Syrenne, Yurick and Dagran are all interesting and fun to play and watch. BUt why did they have to make Zael and Calista so bland... It really mkaes me like the game a lot less.

Flaming Ice
10-23-2012, 07:02 PM
The stat boost items help make the game easier too since you can summon the monsters to fight and grab the occasional one from them.

Sometimes it feels a bit too easy because of this (and because you can rack up a lot of gold easily like this too).