PDA

View Full Version : A Final Fantasy representative in the next Smash Bros.

Agent Proto
08-19-2012, 04:30 PM
This will most likely not ever going to happen, but let's pretend that the developers of the next Smash Bros. game want to add a 3rd Party character, or more specifically, a Final Fantasy character!

Which character would you most like to see appear in the next Smash Bros. game? Please note, the character has to be from a game that appeared on a Nintendo console. I'm not really sure myself, but I think a Rydia would be a great addition for Smash Bros.

Mercen-X
08-20-2012, 01:01 AM
This will most likely not ever going to happen,This is not proper grammar! :colbert:

Terra, Shadow, Firion, Leon, Faris, Onion Knight, Cecil, Kain... you're right, it's very unlikely as we've already got Dissidia.

Let's try less obvious reps. Quina, Mog, Stiltzkin, Artemicion, Montblanc, Moomba, Pupu, Choco, Boko, Cait Sith, Nanaki, Tonberry, Cactuar, Oglop...

Evastio
08-25-2012, 05:05 AM
The most likely ones would be Warrior of Light, Cecil, or Terra. I don't think they'd use a non-lead character for Final Fantasy (any other FF lead hasn't been on a Nintendo console, unless you count spin-offs which I don't think they will).

I'm not really wanting any Final Fantasy characters in Smash Bros. though.

maybee
08-25-2012, 10:00 AM
It should be Celes or Locke because they are both awesome. Or Kain Highwind, Rydia or Bartz.

Shadow and his dog would be awesome too.

escobert
08-25-2012, 02:20 PM
Vivi of course!

Mercen-X
08-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Oh, yeah! ...and I forgot Angelo. But seriously, if a rep was picked for SMASH BROS., it'd be one of FF's top mascots, Choco or Mog.

Raistlin
08-25-2012, 04:49 PM
I would think Cloud was most likely, actually, or even Sephiroth. Though Squeenix is promoting the hell out of Lightning lately, so maybe her.

If I got to choose, I'd probably pick Terra or Vivi of the main characters. Maybe Balthier or Quina if I had a wider choice. Quina would actually be very appropriate for Smash Bros.

Shauna
08-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Obv. one of the forgettable characters from the multitude of FF: Crystal Chronicle games. Perfect for it!

But, I asked boyfriend (who has more ideas than I do about this sort of thing) and he says Cecil. Two forms, like Sheik - Paladin and Dark Knight. Could be pretty cool.

Sephex
08-26-2012, 07:50 AM
If it was up to me I would throw in Paladin Cecil in there.

However, if this were to actually happen, they would totally throw in Cloud, no questions asked. The secret unlockable would be Wheelchair Cloud.

Shauna
08-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Ring of Fates

Nah, Echoes of Time. Or maybe The Crystal Bearers!

Mercen-X
08-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Narnia

Jiro
08-28-2012, 11:34 AM
They'd have to be instantly recognisable as a Final Fantasy character. Cloud is, of course, the obvious choice, though as Raistlin said, they seem to love Lightning right about now. Either would be a good choice; sword characters are popular in those games! However the OP stated it must be a Nintendo based character, which limits us quite a bit.

I would say Terra is probably up there as being a well known character, although a moogle or chocobo wouldn't be too hard to imagine in there. Kefka would do alright, too. Nice to see a villain getting the main spotlight. Cecil or Bartz might be worth a shot too, or perhaps you could have Rydia fulfil a role similar to Pokémon Trainer and use her summons.

Mercen-X
08-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Nintendo:
Warrior of Light versus Garland/Chaos
DK/P Cecil versus Golbez
Shadow versus Kefka

All Else:
Cloud versus Sephiroth
Ramza versus IDK
Marche versus Q Remedi
Ashley Riot versus Sydney
Squall versus Seifer
Vivi versus Black Waltz
Yuna versus Seymour
//
Ashe versus Vayne
Lightning versus I don't care
//

Raistlin
08-28-2012, 06:06 PM
However the OP stated it must be a Nintendo based character, which limits us quite a bit.

Oops, I missed that part. I did briefly wonder and no one picking some of the obvious choices, which should have alerted me to a condition. xD I agree with the Terra choice, then, as the main character for one of the most popular FF games.

Del Murder
08-28-2012, 11:01 PM
Geno would be the correct choice and Nintendo owns the character so it could actually happen!

Jiro
08-29-2012, 01:41 AM
Shit, that's a good idea.

blackmage_nuke
08-29-2012, 01:53 AM
ChocoMog

Mercen-X
08-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Vaan and Penelo are in Revenant Wings for the DS. They qualify, sadly.

4 Heroes of Light

Crystal Chronicles

Tactics Advance and Grimoire of the Rift

Theatrhythm features all the characters

Crystal Bearers for the Wii

Agent Proto
08-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Theatrhythm features all the characters

No it doesn't. It features two or three characters from each game though.

Mercen-X
08-29-2012, 11:37 PM
Okay, something more like "all the characters from Dissidia."

Jiro
09-02-2012, 09:24 AM
That's true, but they're stylised; you probably wouldn't see the true versions used in Smash Bros. if Nintendudes only know Theatrhythm (theoretically, y'know).

Dignified Pauper
09-02-2012, 01:12 PM
It would most definitely be Lightning.

ReloadPsi
09-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Regardless of who we'd like we all know it'd be Cloud.

I'd go for the FF3 NES Onion Knight though, with a class change ability (or abilities from many classes causing it to temporarily transform while using them) and randomly becoming a Ninja or Sage as its Final Smash.

Mercen-X
09-04-2012, 06:10 AM
That's actually a possibility. Solid Snake wasn't the main character of the original NES Metal Gear series, was he? Yet he's in Smash too. Still, I suggest that the Nintendudes will want a character who's been at least on their 3DS. So that means in order to play as Cloud, FF7 will have to be released on that
system. :eyebrow:

Jiro
09-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Solid Snake was included purely as a Playstation representative, wasn't he?

Laddy
09-04-2012, 03:48 PM
I imagine it would be a character on a Nintendo console, so probably Cecil or Terra.