PDA

View Full Version : Laddy's Round 1 Shit

Laddy
08-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Let's do this shit. Today, I stand here to claim my title as CK, and what a wondrous title it shall be. Meanwhile though, I got's to do shit like this.

Question Time!

What makes a good member?
What makes a good CK?
What would you like to change about Eyeson to make it better?
What color would you prefer your CK tag to be? (SPOILER)
If you were to be thrown into the thunderdome with one of the current staff, who would you go against and what would be your tactic?
What does <acronym title="Final Fantasy" style="border-top-width: 0px !important; border-right-width: 0px !important; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 0px !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: none !important; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; ">FF</acronym>(and <acronym title="Eyes on Final Fantasy" style="border-top-width: 0px !important; border-right-width: 0px !important; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 0px !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-left-style: none !important; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; ">EoFF</acronym>) mean to you?

1. A good member is difficult to define, as a member can contribute to the community in many ways. Ultimately, however, a member manages to be entertaining, friendly, but most of all, helpful. In my personal experience, I've connected most with members that manage to make me laugh, but also help people in hard times as well as they can, whether it be personal matters or simply wanting to catch a chocobo.

2. A good CK is a little more concrete. CK's need to be able to handle conflict and disorder with diplomacy, but also try to be firm if need be. There are some excellent CK's that can calm down intense conflict with such ease, without even so much raising their voices. Being able to keep order without becoming "bossy" or whatever is an excellent talent to have. Of course, sometimes people need their just desserts.

3. Eyeson is great. However, I would just try to help encourage, promote, and manage new events and competitions, particularly with better rewards. Mostly, however, I would just take my job seriously and try to do it better than the other competitors.

4. Purple. It is the color of nobility, correct?

5. Let's face it, I'd be out before I even enter. Erm, Pike? We'd debate vidya gamez and stuff. I dunno, LAME QUESTION.

6. To me, FF is art in a medium that lacks it. Few things were able to invoke some much emotion and set the standards of how I view fiction as much as the FF series. By extension, EoFF is just a fun place to hang out in which people are more willing to put up with my bullshit. In real life, I'm a wreck of insecurity and self-doubt, but here I feel like I'm at the very least, tolerated. That's pretty cool and I want to help improve something that had such a positive role in my life.

Well, that got serious. Don't care! Still shit.

Jiro
08-20-2012, 02:00 AM
Question five is undoubtedly the most important question. Can't you see it for the foreshadowing it is?

Freya
08-20-2012, 03:39 AM
Oh man is it foreshadowing! BAUM BAUM BAAUUUMMMMM

Jiro
08-20-2012, 04:58 AM
I tell you what, your custom title looked like moldy coddling for a second there and now I have this image of drowning in mold and it's quite disturbing.

Laddy
08-20-2012, 07:04 AM
Teddy doesn't drown.

I've noticed I haven't been posting too much in the lower boards. At this point I'm trying to not seem too much like I'm just doing the challenge. I'm trying to create posts of substance, but I can't tell if it's working. Oh well. I can always do that "bad fanfic" thread.

Also, how hilarious would it be if I won CK? Ha! I'm not in the competition for the irony but to beat beat so-called "sophisticated" veterans like say...Raistlin? That would evilly delicious.

Jiro
08-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Admitting that you're not in it to win it is a dangerous tactic.

Psychotic
08-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Nobles make mandates for slade

so here it is merry christmas

anyway they get put into a lava bath

so not the best tag colour mein freunderlino

Shiny
08-21-2012, 12:02 AM
You know, I had a feeling you'd pick purple.

Jiro
08-21-2012, 01:20 AM
I'd've thought deep magenta honestly :D

Laddy
08-21-2012, 01:23 AM
Admitting that you're not in it to win it is a dangerous tactic.
Oh! I am in it to win it, but I'm also trying to go with a "quality over quantity" tactic. Contributing to and creating discussion rather than other stuff.

Jiro
08-21-2012, 01:35 AM
Well that is a tactic I think suits you perfectly. Knock 'em dead with a handful of simple, precise blows!

Del Murder
08-22-2012, 07:23 AM
You're way more sophisticated than Raistlin.

Laddy
08-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Ha! I'd like to think so. :cool: