PDA

View Full Version : Why oh why

Jessweeee♪
08-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Did they have to put every side game on a different system? Only KHI and KHII share a system! Argh!

So noting that, who here actually owns every game in the series? I'll put you in the Kingdom Hearts Hall of Fame!

KINGDOM HEARTS HALL OF FAME
The White Wizard of Flynn
Hypoallergenic Cactuar
Faris
Del Murder

ShinGundam
08-20-2012, 09:58 PM
On a positive note, KH didn't appear on IOS (yet?) :P

Jiro
08-21-2012, 02:25 AM
Now you've gone and said it, it's bound to happen. I just resort to emulation because I don't want to buy one of every freaking console just to play a single series.

Goldenboko
08-21-2012, 03:03 AM
Ultimately the games being on different systems is what drove me from the series. Even though I own all of them now, its too late Square :colbert:

Freya
08-21-2012, 04:56 AM
Oh man I'm replaying 2 right now and I was just thinking this. I really want to play dream drop distance but I don't have a 3DS. I freaking hate that they did this to me :( I was okay with chain of memories. thought it was a lame side mission thing since the game was bleh but then they kept doing it o.o JUST GIVE ME KH3 ALREADY.

Fynn
08-21-2012, 10:54 AM
I got all of them. Yay me!

Yeah, but I can sympathize with you guys. 'Cause it really comes together nicely if you play all of them, but it must be confusing otherwise. But I heard it's kind of out of Nomura's reach here. He wanted to make a 3DS game, but that's it - besides this one, all the other games being on different platforms is because of his higher'ups telling him to do so. It's a similar deal with all the final mixes...

Jessweeee♪
08-21-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm so bummed because with most series the handheld spinoffs aren't really worth picking up, but in KH they're all amazing. I wanna play KH3D!

Del Murder
08-28-2012, 06:12 PM
I have them all except 3D.

Wolf Kanno
09-01-2012, 04:48 AM
coded and 3D are the only two I don't own that have been released here. I'll probably get 3D eventually when I can afford to get a 3DS but I'm using this time to catch up on all my handhelds since I don't really need the system for a must buy.

Hollycat
09-01-2012, 04:55 AM
I own all the games, but I'm a KH freak with disposable income and not many other interests.

Sephex
09-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Did they have to put every side game on a different system?

Vk5VuJ7QDq0

Mercen-X
09-02-2012, 02:09 AM
I own KH & KH2. I own Chain of Memories. I own 358. I never thought I'd own coded because it was a Jap Mphone game, but I own Re:coded. I owned Re:Chain, but sold it for funds to Canada. I would own BBS if my PSP wasn't broke. Until it's repaired, there's not much point to getting it. My mom told me to consider something material for a birthday present because usually they give me cash but then instantly ask for it back for bills of their own. Apparently, she wants me to be able to say honestly that I'm broke when I'm broke. I'm thinking of getting a new LCD for my PSP and a copy of BBS. Unfortunately, I can only order the LCD online, so if that doesn't pan out, I may get the 3DS along with KH3D... maybe.

Pete for President
09-17-2012, 07:49 AM
It drove me from the series. What the hell do they expect, not everyone has the budget to buy 4 different platforms. Crazy devs, a prank like that doesn't deserve my money!

Pheesh
09-17-2012, 10:31 AM
I still love this series, but yeah, they really fucked me on this one. I own KH 1 and 2 and BBS.

Faris
09-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Yeah, if it weren't for the system jumping, I probably wouldn't own the DS, 3DS, PSP... It makes me rage whenever a new system comes out with a KH or FF game because I must have eeet.

I own them all.

SeronStar
09-20-2012, 12:40 PM
As much as I love Kingdom Hearts, there's no way I would go out and buy a new system for one of the games. I can't afford it, for a start. I only have KH1, KH2 and BBS.

Del Murder
09-23-2012, 02:52 AM
I know own a 3DS and KH3D. So that means I 'caught them all'! I'm so proud of the nerdyness I have now achieved.

Forsaken Lover
10-10-2012, 10:27 AM
i can't actually play handheld games because of my eyesight.

I guess maybe God is trying to tell me something. "Steer clear of this series Forsaken Lover. Aizen and Kubo pull less out of their ass than Xehanort and Nomura".

Aulayna
10-14-2012, 05:49 AM
I own all of the systems and all of the games but truthfully never got around to finishing 358/2, BBS, Re:Coded or 3D - the only handheld one I've finished was the original CoM and that was on a 10 hour flight to LA. I dunno what it is about this series but I just don't have the tolerance for playing on handheld systems and usually just resort to watching playthroughs on YouTube.

Plus I can get annoyed - and handheld consoles aren't durable and my income isn't that disposable. :p

I do wish they'd finally make KH3 for a home console.

Ouch!
10-14-2012, 06:48 AM
Handhelds aren't durable? Have you tried to destroy Nintendo handhelds? They're freaking tanks.

That said, I own (or have owned and misplaced, poor GBA Chain of Memories) every Kingdom Hearts titles. I've beaten all of them, at least.

Aulayna
10-14-2012, 07:18 AM
Handhelds aren't durable? Have you tried to destroy Nintendo handhelds? They're freaking tanks.

That said, I own (or have owned and misplaced, poor GBA Chain of Memories) every Kingdom Hearts titles. I've beaten all of them, at least.

Well lets just say I had a Gameboy Colour - got annoyed playing Link's Awakening DX - slapped the back of the GBC - it broke the screen.

Got annoyed playing Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS - closed the lid in a huff - broke the top screen.

:D

They're certainly no Nokia phones!

Fynn
10-14-2012, 10:42 AM

Well lets just say I had a Gameboy Colour - got annoyed playing Link's Awakening DX - slapped the back of the GBC - it broke the screen.

Got annoyed playing Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS - closed the lid in a huff - broke the top screen.

:D

They're certainly no Nokia phones!

You must have freakishly big hands. Or maybe you're a professional athlete. :love:

Wolf Kanno
10-14-2012, 11:35 AM
I don't know, I actually avoid fighting games on handhelds because I've destroyed every relevant controller I've ever owned on the genre except for my SNES controller. If PS3 controllers weren't so damn expensive, I might actually get good at all the fighting games I own for it. I play that genre hard and while the DS and PSP are pretty durable, they are not the original Game Boy brick durable (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhoran/45214051/).

Formalhaut
10-14-2012, 11:28 PM
Now the Game Boy Advance was durable. I'm slightly delicate with the 3DS though however.

But back to the topic, I do own a 3DS and a Game Boy Advance, but do I really have the funds to buy their respective games? Besides, If, by some miracle, I chance upon them and the systems, I'd like to play them in order, so I'd assume that's Chain of memories, 382/2 Days, then Birth By Sleep, followed by Re:Coded and then finally Dream Drop Distance.

Yeah, hurry up with KH3 already.

Wolf Kanno
10-15-2012, 05:38 AM
Story wise the games go like this:

Birth By Sleep
|
|
v
Kingdom Hearts
|
|
/ \
/ \
Chain of Memories 358/2 Days
\ /
\ /
Kingdom Hearts 2
|
|
v
coded
|
|
v
Dream Drop Distance

Fynn
10-15-2012, 06:05 AM
Though I think it's better to play them the order they came out in, instead of chronological - kinda like with the Chronicles of Narnia. So then it's Kingdom Hearts > Chain of Memories > Kingdom Hearts II > 358/2 Days > Birth by Sleep > coded > 3D: Dream Drop Distance.

Formalhaut
10-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Though I think it's better to play them the order they came out in, instead of chronological - kinda like with the Chronicles of Narnia. So then it's Kingdom Hearts > Chain of Memories > Kingdom Hearts II > 358/2 Days > Birth by Sleep > coded > 3D: Dream Drop Distance.

I seconded this. In terms of how good the games are, what is your verdict Fynn?

Fynn
10-15-2012, 05:45 PM

I seconded this. In terms of how good the games are, what is your verdict Fynn?

It's no secret to anyone taking part in a KH discussion with me that I am a huge fan of the series. I believe the handheld titles are actually better than their home console brethren. So here's my list of most liked to least (though the least liked is still awesome)
3D > Days/BbS > CoM > KHI > KHII > coded

Ouch!
10-16-2012, 11:04 PM
As much as I enjoyed flow motion as a dynamic mechanic in Kingdom Hearts 3D, I still have to give it to BBS from a gameplay standpoint. You have access to all the various types of flow motion attacks from the beginning of the game. It might have been more interesting if, as you progressed through the game, you learned new ways to interact with the environment. Beyond that, though, I loved that Birth by Sleep encouraged you to use a blend of magic and melee attacks to influence difference combo forms. I was disappointed when 3D only offered forms through your dream eaters. I really hope that KH3 combines flow motion with Birth by Sleep's combat system, because holy hell that would be awesome.

Fynn
10-17-2012, 04:39 PM
I kind of agree with you about flowmotion. As much as I loved it, I think it kinda broke the game at some points. I mean, I totally owned Ansem as Riku, simply because I would bounce off of walls to dodge his attacks :D But there is one huge advantage to flowmotion - the exploration. I think 3D is the first KH game to have such huge worlds. And it was really satisfying to get into every nook and cranny. :)