PDA

View Full Version : Let There Be Light!

Pike
08-21-2012, 01:23 AM
You know what I can't stand? Indoor lighting that is inbetween being really bright and really dim/dark. There's this weird middleground that bugs me. So I have all these lamps and stuff in my bedroom to make it bright bright bright.

Anyone else? Or am I just that OCD?

Alpha2099
08-21-2012, 01:28 AM
I know how you feel. Lighting is a tough thing to get right. You don't want it to be too bright, but certainly not too dark, either. It's tough to find that middle ground. I have one lamp in my apartment that lights up most of the place, though from its position, the kitchen counter doesn't get much light.

Quindiana Jones
08-21-2012, 01:29 AM
Nah, that makes sense to me.

Jiro
08-21-2012, 01:30 AM
wat. I just turn the lights on and deal with it

Raistlin
08-21-2012, 01:38 AM
I actually prefer my room on the relatively dim side. Still plenty of light to see and read by, but nothing overly bright. I tend to avoid overhead lights in my room in favor of one standing lamp with a shade on my nightstand or standing near my bed. It's just more comfortable for my eyes (I'm more prone to headaches from eyestrain than most people).

Quindiana Jones
08-21-2012, 01:40 AM
Dimmer switches are the greatest thing ever. I long to live somewhere with dimmer switches.

Hollycat
08-21-2012, 01:45 AM
I just sit in the dark.

Tigmafuzz
08-21-2012, 02:18 AM
I enjoy darkness. Even my monitor backgrounds are usually dark so I don't hurt my eyes when I minimize/close my windows at night. I do prefer my lights to be fairly powerful, though; for when I have to look for something or we have company.

Jinx
08-21-2012, 02:18 AM
I like to turn the lights down to set the mood.

The baby-making mood.

Sephex
08-21-2012, 02:19 AM
I have no real preference as long as the light doesn't look depressing, which is hard to describe for me.

Faris
08-21-2012, 02:56 AM
Recently my eyes have been really sensitive so all screens (computer, TV, phone...) are all as dim as possible. During the day, when it's sunny out, I'd rather have natural light aluminate the room. At night if the room is too bright or too dim, it's irritating.

Iceglow
08-21-2012, 03:54 AM
I have 6 spotlights in my ceiling and no dimmer switch. This disappoints me so much because my spotlights are ridiculously bright. I often don't use them preferring to use 2 small lamps one of which has no shade (needs replacing with one with a shade but might have to be taller/floor standing lamp since there's no cupboard/surface for it to be on)

Mercen-X
08-21-2012, 07:36 PM
I don't mind too dim, too bright, or middleground. I just hate places where the lighting isn't flush. There's a bright lamp in there, there's a dim lamp back there, there's a flourescent in here, there's a between bright and dim over there, damn it, that lamp in the corner is flickering!

Peegee
08-21-2012, 10:21 PM
I actually only like it to be bright. monitors need to be bright. phones need to be bright. The light has to be bright.

If it's 'dim' it means it's not bright. So I don't know what this magic hell is where suddenly if it goes more dim it's tolerable. any pictars?

Laddy
08-21-2012, 11:11 PM
I kill in darkness. So I prefer it.

Shorty
08-22-2012, 04:51 AM
I would prefer it to be bright bright bright or no light at all, unless there's just candles or christmas lights or something. Dim lamps are the worst, so I buy extra super crazy electricity-draining hydrogen light bulbs.

Pike
08-22-2012, 10:35 AM
I would prefer it to be bright bright bright or no light at all, unless there's just candles or christmas lights or something. Dim lamps are the worst, so I buy extra super crazy electricity-draining hydrogen light bulbs.

This, exactly!

blackmage_nuke
08-22-2012, 10:54 AM
I hate how when Im doing something pencil and paper related at my desk the room light is behind me so I cast a shadow over whatever it is im doing. Eventually got a lamp to solve the problem

Shauna
08-22-2012, 12:40 PM
I hate that awkward time between light and dark when it's not dark enough to put on a light, but there's not enough light coming in through the window to illuminate everything just right. We tend to leave the light off until it's gotten to the point that we're sitting in the dark, though. I complain yet I don't do anything about it.

Mercen-X
08-22-2012, 04:31 PM
That's called being lazy. ;)