PDA

View Full Version : Sora! Donald! Goofy!

Freya
08-21-2012, 04:58 AM
They never say "you guys" "these guys" or whatever. They, everyone NPCs and the party they always have to say every single name! Even though people know them "thank you Sora. Donald. Goofy." Is this Square-Enix's way to try to get us to be more formal when we talk? If that is the case than wouldn't they make the character formal all the time! And it's not just sora, donald, goofy. They have to put a large pause between each name.

Wth

Jinx
08-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Well, actually, he just can't call them "guys..." One's a guy, one's a duck, one's a dog. Mickey's a mouse, Jiminy's a cricket... need I go on? I will... later...

But they're all male.

I think it's to make it sound more serious. Like, "HEY IGNORE THE FACT THESE ARE DISNEY CHARACTERS THIS IS HEART WRENCHING OKAY?"

blackmage_nuke
08-21-2012, 04:22 PM
They need a name like Team Avatar

Jiro
08-23-2012, 08:19 AM
I can understand it when Kairi says it (which is what I imagine in my head, her calling out and whatever) but yeah when people thank each one of them individually it becomse a little bit weird. STILL, at least Donald and Goofy get credit as well. It's not just "thank you Sora!" and Donald gets all pissed and Goofy acts a fucking dumbfounded fool.

Roogle
08-24-2012, 02:45 AM
You are definitely right about them repeating the names of the protagonists on a consistent basis.

The first thing that came to mind was that a Kingdom Hearts website that put out a lot of videos on YouTube in its early days had a logo and splash consisting of characters shouting each other names. If you listen to the beginning of this video, you can hear some of it: KH - Re:CoM Floor Thirteen (English Subs) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF4KYHlkyms)

Hollycat
08-24-2012, 02:48 AM
They need a name like Team Avatar

Team BoomerAang

Rodney
08-24-2012, 03:09 AM
I can understand it when Kairi says it (which is what I imagine in my head, her calling out and whatever) but yeah when people thank each one of them individually it becomse a little bit weird. STILL, at least Donald and Goofy get credit as well. It's not just "thank you Sora!" and Donald gets all pissed and Goofy acts a fucking dumbfounded fool.
I'm okay with it, honestly. You have no idea how many times I wanted to pull my hair out in FF7, FF8, and FF9, when Cloud, Squall, and Zidane were getting credit for everything and not the rest of the party. So I'm glad that the KH games gave due credit to Donald and Goofy, not just Sora.

Del Murder
08-28-2012, 06:07 PM
I never even noticed it!

fire_of_avalon
09-03-2012, 05:55 AM
I just attributed it to bad scripting and not so good voice acting for some of the characters. Especially those pauses. Sora. Donald. Goofy. Always in the same order, too. Ugh.