PDA

View Full Version : Is TAY worth purchasing?

Goldenboko
08-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Title says it all. Loved FFIV. Will TAY help or hinder my view of the game/franchise?

Jowy
08-21-2012, 03:30 PM
ehhhh

i couldn't force myself through it...i got the PSP version. enjoyed FFIV as always, hated that ridiculous in-the-middle epilogue or whatever. i might give it another shot some day.

Slothy
08-21-2012, 07:08 PM
I will say yes, but only if you're buying the PSP version. At least that way you get FFIV and updated graphics if you absolutely hate the game. Personally, I never did get around to beating it and perhaps I'll play it again sometime, but I didn't hate it and it didn't ruin FFIV for me or anything. So yeah, try it and see if you like it, if not no real harm done.

Sephex
08-21-2012, 07:31 PM
I felt that it leaned way too hard on the original FFIV. Many scenes are reminiscent or straight up recreations of key moments in FFIV, but with different characters...sometimes. The most interesting parts are near the beginning and towards the end.

Goldenboko
08-22-2012, 01:18 AM
Shit wait. They released FFIV and TAY on PSP in the same game?

Jowy
08-22-2012, 04:17 AM
Thirty bucks dude.

Jiro
08-22-2012, 06:02 AM
Fuck sounds like I need to get it too then.

Hollycat
08-22-2012, 06:03 AM
I will say yes, but only if you're buying the PSP version. At least that way you get FFIV and updated graphics if you absolutely hate the game. Personally, I never did get around to beating it and perhaps I'll play it again sometime, but I didn't hate it and it didn't ruin FFIV for me or anything. So yeah, try it and see if you like it, if not no real harm done.

Sephex
08-22-2012, 02:55 PM
Shit wait. They released FFIV and TAY on PSP in the same game?

It's worth getting just for how awesome that version of FFIV is alone.

Roogle
08-24-2012, 02:18 AM
I would only recommend it if you really enjoyed the gameplay of the original. I wouldn't say that you necessarily want to play it for the story or for any other reason; as others have mentioned, it relies heavily on nostalgia for the original game.

Omega Cloud
08-24-2012, 10:11 PM
I would not reccomend it at all, the only decent thing with the complete collection on PSP is the fact IV looks amazing, TAY has worse graphics and the story itself is boring and mind numbing

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
10-09-2012, 04:31 PM
I was watching hcbailly LP the PSP version and since then I've wanted to get it, though I want to beat the original version. I only beat it once on ps1. blasphemy I know lol

Fynn
10-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Get it on the PSP. It is awesome, in my opinion, with many callbacks to FFIV, but its own story is very interesting in its own right. Plus, you get more playable characters than in FFVI :D

WildRaubtier
10-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Ohhoho, wait, there's a PSP version of 4? Is it a port of the DS version or what?