PDA

View Full Version : try putting atomos to sleep

Jowy
08-21-2012, 10:04 PM
what else did you use to steamroll past a difficult boss?

Gamblet
08-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Attacked with all my might, ressurected all wounded members as soon as possible. I remember it being more difficult boss on my first playthrough.

EDIT: I thought this thread was about Atomos....

Jinx
08-22-2012, 12:37 AM
Phoenix Down on undead creatures.

Sephex
08-22-2012, 01:02 AM
I just attacked it until it died because I am a pro gamer.

VeloZer0
08-22-2012, 01:11 AM
Having a nap and then coming back works much better than you think it should.

Roogle
08-24-2012, 02:14 AM

There are a few difficult random encounters in Final Fantasy IV that can be taken care of easily with status effects. One of the dragon type monsters in the Lunar Subterrane is vulnerable to Stop.

Jowy
08-24-2012, 10:24 PM
oh holy shit really? i just ran from everything down there.

Raistlin
08-24-2012, 10:41 PM
There are a few difficult random encounters in Final Fantasy IV that can be taken care of easily with status effects. One of the dragon type monsters in the Lunar Subterrane is vulnerable to Stop.

I don't think I ever knew that, either. In most FFs I almost never use negative status effects, so it's easy to forget about them.

Alpha2099
08-24-2012, 10:47 PM
GameFAQs. Or grinding. Or any other strategy that starts with "g".

Hollycat
08-25-2012, 12:38 AM
Silence on mom bomb

Roogle
09-06-2012, 11:01 PM
oh holy trout really? i just ran from everything down there.

Yes. All of the status effects in Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy V with the exception of Poison, possibly, have areas where they prove useful.

Interestingly, there is a bug in the Gameboy Advance version of Final Fantasy V that allows you to defeat Gogo the Mimic by silencing him with Silence Sword and attacking him constantly. His script will become bugged and he cannot punish you with Meteor, allowing for you to truly defeat him without having to play his game.

Gamblet
09-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Interestingly, there is a bug in the Gameboy Advance version of Final Fantasy V that allows you to defeat Gogo the Mimic by silencing him with Silence Sword and attacking him constantly. His script will become bugged and he cannot punish you with Meteor, allowing for you to truly defeat him without having to play his game.

In GBA version you also get an item from him if you beat him the hard way, was it Tiger Mask or something?

Roogle
09-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Yeah, you get a Tiger Mask for beating Gogo. I just saw the video again the other day and I always thought it was really weird as he starts spouting various battle messages if you wail on him long enough.

Here is a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RG9GAaO77M (Really Defeat GoGo)

Jowy
09-08-2012, 05:47 AM
i dunno that seems legit.

you try and hit him with a silence spell. based on the opening battle speech, he's egotistical as all hell! he mocks what is probably the most worthless spell in your arsenal and is offended on a personal level. due to that, he just starts rambling like Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade. since going into the fight there is a pretty good chance he still likes oxygen, his incessant end of MGS2-esque rambling causes him to drown in Walze Tower.

that's why you get the tiger mask AND the shard. you outsmarted him the other way.

Wolf Kanno
09-08-2012, 06:43 AM
I'll stick to just FFV

Archeoaevis - Death Claw works on it's first stage Level 5 Death during it's revived stage

Purobolos - Use a party of Beastmaster's with Control and make them all use Self Destruct.

Ramuh - Either use Silence to cripple him or just outright cripple him with Blue Spell Death Claw which will allow you to kill him in two moves.

Sandworm - Kill him with one cast of Blue Spell Aqua Rake

Adamantoise - Level 5 Death

Soul Gun Launcher and his Gunners - Level 5 Death and then just pistol whip the Soul GunLauncher with Bolt magic

Chimera Brain/Manticore - Death Claw screws him over... Stop as well

Tyranasaur - Phoenix Down

Carbuncle - Summon Catablepas

Ex-Death - Use Staves of Light to cast Holy on him, doesn't outright kill him but makes this a really easy fight...

Shield Dragon - Control and let it kill itself.

Omniscient - Berserk him to cripple him.

Phobos , Nerid, and Triton - A party of Bard's with Requiem will destroy them, or you can use Odin...

Bahamut - Stop will sometimes work

Leviathan - Coral Rings will make this boss a push over

Azulmagia - Ether punish him with Bio, or use Self-Destruct on him so he can learn it and use it on you...

Alte Roite/Jura Aevis - Use Berserk on Alte Roite and it cannot transform into Jura Aevis.

Twin Tania - Summon Odin when it starts charging up Giga Flare.

Jowy
09-08-2012, 07:29 AM
inadvertently killing twin tania with odin was AWESOME

Gamblet
09-08-2012, 09:33 PM
I'll stick to just FFV

I did not use Coral Rings at all, I cast shell on all of my party members and healed like crazy.

Wolf Kanno
09-08-2012, 09:40 PM
I'll stick to just FFV

I did not use Coral Rings at all, I cast shell on all of my party members and healed like crazy.

Most people don't use this strategy because they have a hard time finding the second item shop in the Phantom Village.

Also, to make Shinryu you're bitch. Four dragoons, with Dragon Lances, Ice Shields and Coral Rings will make you immune to most of it's attacks and deal high damage. Great for people who don't want to farm 8 Dragon Lances.

Gamblet
09-08-2012, 09:44 PM
I'll stick to just FFV

Most people don't use this strategy because they have a hard time finding the second item shop in the Phantom Village.

I knew about the shop but I did not have any money. :D

Roogle
09-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Did you figure out all of those boss strategies by yourself or did you use a source? That seems like useful information that would should include somewhere on our site. Status effects are really underrated in the older games.

Wolf Kanno
09-09-2012, 05:37 AM
I remember them from an old issue of Expert Gamer way back in the day. I did try to fact check a lot of it though since my memory is foggy. :eep:

Talneharus
10-06-2012, 10:40 AM
There are strategies!? haha all kidding aside, I do the same thing i do for all boss hard or not. Trial and Error with a high does of being to stubborn to let the boss win! :jess:

WildRaubtier
10-11-2012, 06:16 AM
Golem

espritduo
10-11-2012, 09:22 AM
I like using Black Shock to cut Atomos's level in half until it's a multiple of 5 (works due to rounding), and then good old Level 5 Death kills him in one shot.

Berserking Exdeath in the final battle with a Kiss of Blessing so he doesn't turn into Neo-Exdeath is always a hoot.

Gamblet
10-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Golem

Vermachtnis
10-25-2012, 07:07 AM
Threw money at it til it went away.

Gamblet
10-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Threw money at it til it went away.

You must have rich parents....