PDA

View Full Version : Your All-Star Team

Laddy
08-22-2012, 02:36 AM
Okay. Choose six people, based on power, from each from an FF game to fill a role in your dream party.

The six roles are Leader, Damage Caster, Healer, Ranged Fighter, Melee Fighter, and Wild Card. The characters must be playable, too. No guest characters!

Leader: Lightning. She's versatile and has a strong personality.
Damage Caster: Terra, based on her excellent spellcasting and decent fighting stats.
Healer: Yuna. Her summons are excellent.
Ranged Fighter: Balthier. Has a gun, which is faster than a bow and has his Quickenings.
Melee Fighter: Paladin Cecil, strong and a good backup healer.
Wild Card: Freya, she's got all-around good stats, neat spells, and can jump.

If we want, we could have a little debate on who's team who beat who's.

Mercen-X
08-22-2012, 03:02 AM
Leader: I don't know... Terra is half-esper... it's useful.
Damage Caster: Zack... the only character in the VII universe who can break the damage limit with individual attacks
Healer: Aeris for every limit break
Ranged Fighter: Gunner Dressphere anyone from X-2... 'cause o' Trigger Happy
Melee Fighter: Freya... Trance Jump
Wild Card: Zell... he entertains me.

Raistlin
08-22-2012, 05:44 AM
Leader: Ramza, the best in the series. I generally have him as a ninja, but you could give him Calculator secondary ability with all magic learned to really fuck some baddies up.
Damage caster: Definitely Terra, with her extremely powerful magic.
Healer: As much as I dislike Aerith, what little she does, she does very well.
Ranged fighter: Maybe Rydia, because you can never have too much magic. Unless you mean physically ranged, in which case Sazh.
Melee fighter: Orlandu. Actually I could just send him in against pretty much any opponent.
Wild Card: Cid Highwind, because sometimes we just need to sit our asses down and drink some goddamn tea.

Hollycat
08-22-2012, 05:54 AM
Leader: Zidane, a very likable guy, he gets the stuff done. He may not be the most powerful guy, but he has heart.
Damage caster: giving this to Sephiroth for Meteor! IF that doesn't count give it to Terra
Healer: Goes to Garnet for being a strong summoner and for her ... assets.
Ranged: Giving it to yuffie for being able to throw a paper crane hard enough to kill monsters
Melee: Zack. Can defeat Sephiroth with a single punch, what more is there to say?
Wild Card: Cloud. Climbhazzard.

Jiro
08-22-2012, 06:00 AM
Leader: Balthier

Clearly having the leading man as your leading man is the only way to do things!

Damage Caster: Quistis

Her magic abilities are pretty decent and her function as a Blue Mage also makes her invaluable.

Healer: Aerith

Really can't overlook her healing ability!

Ranged fighter: Sazh

I need a little bit of extra Frocobo in my life.

Melee fighter: Edgar

Not only is he physically tough, his tools are super useful as well.

Wild Card: Bartz

With Balthier and Edgar in my squad, we definitely need a third ladies' man to make things interesting ;) Plus, as a master of the Job System, he can be whatever he wants!

Sephex
08-22-2012, 02:43 PM
Leader: Paladin Cecil, pure power and has the perfect leadership qualities.
Damage Caster: Terra, she is a natural and powerful spell caster.
Healer: Aeris, the Great Gospel limit break can become useful in tight spots.
Ranged Fighter: Edgar, spears and tools, baby!
Melee Fighter: The Knight from FFI, absurd amount of power and great defense to back it up!
Wild Card: Yuna in the Lady Luck Dressphere, it always worked wonders for me in FFX-2.

Mercen-X
08-22-2012, 11:15 PM
If we actually had to choose a team for some competition in-forum and couldn't choose the same characters, we'd all have to literarily duke it out over who'd get who: particularly Aeristh, it seems.

Hollycat
08-23-2012, 12:25 AM
If we actually had to choose a team for some competition in-forum and couldn't choose the same characters, we'd all have to literarily duke it out over who'd get who: particularly Aeristh, it seems.

If any of you try to steal Zack from me I will find you and cut you.

Laddy
08-23-2012, 03:05 AM
I'm willing to put my team against someone else's.

Hollycat
08-23-2012, 03:11 AM
I'm willing to put my team against someone else's.

Have at you sir. We shall fight, and then enjoy a mid day tea and have a bully afternoon playing squash.

Jiro
08-23-2012, 07:27 AM
I'd swap Eiko in as a healer except I think someone already said her. Rosa, maybe?

Del Murder
08-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Leader: Cloud. I think Cecil is the best leader, but I went with Cloud because his Limit Breaks are more useful.
Damage Caster: Terra. Powerful mage who's special skill makes her magic attacks that much better.
Healer: Yuna (FFX). Great white mage and her summons are just a bonus.
Ranged Fighter: Balthier. Guns are cooler than bows.
Melee Fighter: Orlandu. Give him Excalibur and the rest of the team is irrelevant.
Wild Card: Quina. Bag of tricks can do damage, heal, and buff, and not a terrible physical fighter either.

Quindiana Jones
08-29-2012, 12:38 AM
Leader: Cecil. He keeps shit together.
Damage Caster: Terra. Del said it perfectly.
Healer: Eiko. Great little mage, Double White in Trance, plus excellent support Summons.
Ranged Fighter: Balthier. Balthier is mandatory.
Melee Fighter: Cloud. He hit thing much hard.
Wild Card: Quina. Again, Del hit the nail on the head.

The Final Dragoon
09-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Leader: Squall
An amazing leader even though he doesnt think so, also his limit break is extreme.

Damage Caster: Vivi
Casting doomsday on Squalls sword would be quite effective, and also double black in trance is a beast.

Healer: Yuna
Her summons are awesome and she can also learn black magic

Ranged Fighter: Vincent Valentine
Why not have an extremely powerful, part demon, high jumping, great with melee, long haired gunslinger

Melee Fighter: Cecil
The greatest paladin who ever lived would surely come in handy

Wild Card: Freya
I need atleast one dragoon so here she is, her magic is awesome, her jumping is awesome, her trance is awesome, shes awesome

I would have included twilight sparkle but even her magic is nothing compared to vivi

Night Fury
09-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Okay. Choose six people, based on power, from each from an FF game to fill a role in your dream party.

The six roles are Leader, Damage Caster, Healer, Ranged Fighter, Melee Fighter, and Wild Card. The characters must be playable, too. No guest characters!

Leader: Lightning. She's versatile and has a strong personality.
Damage Caster: Terra, based on her excellent spellcasting and decent fighting stats.
Healer: Yuna. Her summons are excellent.
Ranged Fighter: Balthier. Has a gun, which is faster than a bow and has his Quickenings.
Melee Fighter: Paladin Cecil, strong and a good backup healer.
Wild Card: Freya, she's got all-around good stats, neat spells, and can jump.

If we want, we could have a little debate on who's team who beat who's.

Leader: Squall
Healer: Aeris
Damage Caster: Auron
Ranged Fighter: Irvine
Melee Fighter: Tifa
Wild Card: Fang

Chris
09-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Leader: Zidane

He's caring, spirited, and not a downer. A very likeable leader, who would be able to bring the entire team together.

Damage Caster: Vivi

Definitely Vivi, too. Power Black Mage with an adorable personality.

Healer: Yuna (FFX)

Her White Magic skills are great and her summons are out of this world.

Ranged Fighter: Edward

Edward! I love the Bard job class, and I just want to bring him along! I LOVE HIM.

Melee Fighter: Cloud

Cloud. Can't have a team without Cloud.

Wild Card: Galuf

This guy is the "grandpa" of the team and would play a great supporting role.

VeloZer0
09-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Leader: Ramza FFT. Strategically coordinating a party of heroes into battle is kind of his shtick. He is also extremely versatility and can fulfill any role that a particular battle would need.

Damage Caster: Terra FF6. If Yuna doesn't get to summon as a healer or Terra can't also use a sword as backup in this role then I go with Rydia.

Healer: Yuna FF10. provided she gets to summon, Aries if she doesn't.

Ranged Fighter: Edgar FF6. None of the 'true' ranged fighters really impress me. But in all truthfulness I would want another mage. (Terra or Rydia, whichever didn't get used already.)

Melee Fighter: Cloud / Orlandu FF7/FFT. I honestly can't decide which of the two I would pick. Main question would be does cloud get to use all of his materia or can he only use melee attacks?

Wildcard: Bartz FF5 His versatility makes him able to pick whatever role the situation demands.

Chris
09-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Wow! Two people who actually picked Edward. This has made my day/year.

VeloZer0
09-26-2012, 07:09 PM
... that was an embarrassing typo. I was thinking Edgar FF6 and typing while reading your post of Edward FF4.

Jiro
09-27-2012, 05:43 AM
You just ruined his day/year ;)

VeloZer0
09-27-2012, 07:55 AM
If it was for anyone other than Edward I probably would have let it slide with no correction...

Chris
09-27-2012, 08:24 PM
... that was an embarrassing typo. I was thinking Edgar FF6 and typing while reading your post of Edward FF4.
...I'mma get foa to ban you. :crying:

VeloZer0
09-28-2012, 05:35 AM
When making a stand being on the team of people who think Edward sucks against the people (person?) who thinks he doesn't is probably a safe place to be.