PDA

View Full Version : Round Two!

Freya
08-22-2012, 03:11 PM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/Eyesonidol3.png

Welcome Back! Congratulations on making it this far!

Round Two will focus on your teamwork and leadership skills as well as see how well you are with running events such as this. This year is the 25th anniversary of Final Fantasy if you didn't know! We'd like to celebrate it and you guys are going to help! Your task:

You will be put into three teams selected by your leaders Quin, krissy, and Shorty. You will have access to your own private forum here in the Mog house! Go you guys! Within this house is where the action will happen. You will need to work with your teammates to come up with a forum event unlike anything we've done before.This event needs to be able to cover at least a week. It needs to celebrate the 25th anniversary somehow. We'll leave that up to you! You'll have about a week to work on this. If your event is a good one we may even use it here on the forum, or you guys could. Get to Brainstorming!

Now for Teams.

krissy's Team

Iceglow
Goldenboko
Hypoallergenic Cactuar
G13
iceman00890
Madonna

Shorty's Team
Jessweeee♪
Laddy
milliegoesbeep
Sephex
Mercen-X
Agent Proto

Quin's Team
Rantz
Raistlin
Old Manus
Vivi22
blackmage_nuke
Citizen Bleys

Krissy's team is team 1. Shorty's is Team 2 and Quin's is Team 3.

When in the Forum your first task there is to come up with a team name! The permissions should be set soon! Leaders, just try to keep them in the right direction! Get to work!

Goldenboko
08-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Let's do this :cool:

Agent Proto
08-22-2012, 03:21 PM
I like how Shorty's team has the fewest members. I also like how all the girls are also on her team.

Old Manus
08-22-2012, 03:22 PM
I wish we had Marick on board.

Freya
08-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Oops i forgot someone on shortys! :shifty: I'll fix that

Slothy
08-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Can't complain too much about my team aside from it being a total sausage fest.

Laddy
08-22-2012, 03:40 PM
All right.

Quindiana Jones
08-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Oh yeah, this won't be a massive pain in the arse at all. It's not like I recently moved to a new country and am busy setting myself up on the system here every day whilst also looking for work. I never imagined moderating a forum would be such a nuisance.

To my team, expect Mognet Messages followed by hard labour.

Raistlin
08-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Oh man, I'm on the grumpy old man team. We may not get anything done while complaining about our knees and the damn kids on our lawn.

Quindiana Jones
08-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Hell if it is! We're going to get tit done quickly and efficiently. :colbert:

... while complaining about our knees and all the damned whippersnappers in these here forums nowadays! Why, I remember only 5 years ago...

EDIT: Freya, any indication of when the team forums will be ready?

Slothy
08-22-2012, 04:52 PM

My guess would be when a staff member stops being lazy and does their job.

*grumblegrumble*whippersnappers*mumblegrumble*

Quindiana Jones
08-22-2012, 04:53 PM
This would never have taken so long if Leeza was still on Staff. :mad:

krissy
08-22-2012, 05:06 PM
scoff

my team's already had seven meetings via skype

and we have excel spreadsheets

and our server virus ready to go and has been fully tested on the FBI and NASA comps

although i'll admit we're not really sure what the task is but we're improvising

Sephex
08-22-2012, 05:19 PM
I like me team. Let's do this (as soon as the forums are up)!

Shorty
08-22-2012, 05:39 PM
You old geezers and sausage-lovers are going down.

rantz is trying punish me because I didn't pick him for my team, someone please dock him 500 points

edit: I know those team threads are up because I SAW THEM GET CREATED

Mercen-X
08-22-2012, 05:48 PM
The team threads are supposed to be in Mog House..?

Citizen Bleys
08-22-2012, 06:10 PM
My team has the benefit of age and experience. This will be a total cakewalk.

Slothy
08-22-2012, 06:15 PM
My team has the benefit of age and experience. This will be a total cakewalk.

I don't usually consider myself to be old, but after looking up the ages of some of the other teams members who I was less familiar with, yeah, we're the team filled with old guys.

Sure that means more experience and wisdom, but you know what else it means?

Alzheimers.

Del Murder
08-22-2012, 06:22 PM
I'll try to have them ready soon.

Shorty
08-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Sure that means more experience and wisdom, but you know what else it means?

Alzheimers.

You guys should name yourselves Ye Olde Sausages.

Slothy
08-22-2012, 06:32 PM
I don't think it counts if our competition comes up with the name for us.

Shorty
08-22-2012, 06:34 PM
It should, because the name suits you. :love:

Slothy
08-22-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm not quite sure how to take that. Your smiley heart face confuses me.

krissy
08-22-2012, 06:35 PM
obviously sausages age like fine wine

Del Murder
08-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Groups should be set up. Please let me know if you cannot view your team's forum or can view other teams' forums.

Jiro
08-22-2012, 11:08 PM
Don't tell him if you can see the other groups. Use it to your advantage!

Shorty
08-22-2012, 11:09 PM
QUIET YOU

Hollycat
08-23-2012, 12:41 AM
You should be Picard's Plenty of Perky Pickles Platoon

Jiro
08-23-2012, 05:27 AM
Being a Cid's Knight is hardly about honour and justice. It's a cut-throat world out there kids. Insert a game of thrones reference here.

Citizen Bleys
08-23-2012, 05:28 AM
"You're either an eagle or an earthworm." ~ Todd "Maniac" Marshall

blackmage_nuke
08-23-2012, 07:46 AM
Being a Cid's Knight is hardly about honour and justice. It's a cut-throat world out there kids. Insert a game of thrones reference here.

"Hodor"

Shorty
08-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Dear Team #1,

I know that you guys are a lost cause, but you'll find that continuing to poach my peeps will prove worthless as their loyalty is to their leader who will lead them through the fires of Mount Doom with this challenge.

I will castrate you if you continue. :aimmad: (also some of our teammates can't actively participate so shove off)

- The Short One

Freya
08-23-2012, 06:17 PM
OH THE GAUNTLET WAS THROWN.

Iceglow
08-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Lmao it was a conversation starter nothing more. Though I see how it got your knickers in a bunch perhaps we can all see now that Shorty's team will lose so badly she might as well get her name changed to Baldrick

Sephex
08-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Who shot who in the what now?

Goldenboko
08-23-2012, 06:54 PM
The team attacks are adorable. But ultimately futile. The best shall win, words about victory are unnecessary.

Shorty
08-23-2012, 06:56 PM
I see your game, Steve. Just because millie is a sweet little newbie you think you can sway her with your sauve ladykiller skills.

I WON'T ALLOW IT I TELL YOU

Iceglow
08-23-2012, 07:05 PM
you're already too late Shorty, you're already too late.

Shorty
08-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Your efforts are in vain, Steve. She'll never cross over.

Iceglow
08-23-2012, 08:07 PM
when I say you've lost Shorty you've lost.

Shorty
08-23-2012, 09:37 PM
You don't know what you're talking about, dear. It's okay, though. My team is coming at you with full force. You won't know you've been beat til you're bleeding all over the ground and half dead.

Iceglow
08-23-2012, 09:42 PM
You're going to have to do better than that because I love the abuse sweetcheeks.

Shorty
08-23-2012, 09:43 PM
I know. It's the only reason I can think of as to why you still hang around Paul. :love:

Iceglow
08-23-2012, 09:59 PM
because underneath all the abuse we sling each others way we're bros to the end!

Jiro
08-24-2012, 01:36 AM
I don't know what you're all on about. Millie is perfectly able to make her own decisions. Besides, we were bros first, so get your grubby paws off her.

Hollycat
08-24-2012, 02:13 AM
This whole thing seems unnecessary to me. I'm sure you've already decided that some of us are not fit to be CK, but even if you haven't, I don't see how this has anything to do with patrolling the forums, keeping them clean, banning bots, and snipping bad things.

Show the CK title some respect and be prideful of it, don't flap it around like a $2 hooker.

That said, IT IS ON!!!!!

Jiro
08-24-2012, 02:39 AM
Cid's Knights are encouraged to run events. There isn't a whole lot of "patrolling" to be done, as there isn't a whole lot of filth, the sudden influx of bots in previous months has been successfully dealt with and the "bad things" are typically reserved to EoEO and General Chat and therefore take very minimal effort to deal with.

By proving that you have a good mind for ideas and the passion to run them successfully, you can prove yourself to be a useful member. If they wanted a CK who would sit around and do nothing, they would have just picked one out of a hat. This is an opportunity to prove you care about EoFF, not just receiving a shiny blue title. Given the favourable response Psychotic had when he turned the forum against me for the reward of a shiny custom title, I would say that we have more than enough greedy and lazy fuckers who care little for the community and more about increasing their ego.

There are plenty of people who don't need to be in this competition. I could give you a list as small as probably four people who stand a chance at getting the position. Does that mean you should quit? No, quite the opposite. Quitting proves you are not in it for love but for power. Additionally, this is not just a competition, this is an event. One that is meant to be enjoyable, no matter the outcome. See that Goldenboko guy? He won the last CK contest. Him and Jessweeee♪ and Momiji all won it and nobody got anything. But wait, Jessweeee♪ was a CK -- yes, later she was knighted because she proved to be an invaluable member with just the right flavour to add to the staff cooking pot.

People have hidden potential, too. By actually participating in this and giving it your all you might be able to show up on a radar where previously you did not register. The staff used to handpick their knights from just the few people they knew well enough and were confident enough in. Now, anyone has a chance. Don't knock it.

Besides, $2 can buy me a fucking cheese burger at Maccas and that's more than a starving african child eats in a week.

Mercen-X
08-24-2012, 05:15 AM
This whole thing seems unnecessary to me. I'm sure you've already decided that some of us are not fit to be CK, but even if you haven't, I don't see how this has anything to do with patrolling the forums, keeping them clean, banning bots, and snipping bad things.

Show the CK title some respect and be prideful of it, don't flap it around like a $2 hooker.

Freya
08-24-2012, 06:48 AM
Exactly what Jiro said. He nailed it on the head.

If that's honestly your opinion of this then I was wrong to have thought you'd do well in this competition, Hypo. Not only do we want people to be able to moderate but we want them to be seen as leaders on the forums, exemplary members. Often times staffers make events such as this one you're all participating in. It makes the forums have a bit more fun. This round is here to see how well you are at working with a team on creating an event. Often times it's a whole bunch of ideas tossed around and eventually we iron out details, much like what most of you have been doing! But we work together on it. There is no I in Team as they say. The first round was around to show how active you were and your interest in the lower forums. Both rounds have been very valid in what Staff is looking for. Some users aren't as well known. This competition can show even the staff their hidden talents. Which there have been several that are really showing off their qualities as a productive and exemplary member.

Even so, it's an event! It's for fun! Have fun with it as well as show us your best side! If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Quindiana Jones
08-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Sorry, I couldn't hear any of that over the sound of my team winning so hard. :smug:

Iceglow
08-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Quin, the sound of your team winning so hard as you put it is about the same sound Old Mac Donalds bull makes when taking a shit.

Quindiana Jones
08-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Exactly. All over your team.

Iceglow
08-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Not even close to our team, if you're lucky it might reach Shorty but that's because she's so short!

Quindiana Jones
08-24-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm not allowed to act rudely to Shorty or her team, or there may be a mutiny on mine.

Iceglow
08-24-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm not allowed to act rudely to Shorty or her team, or there may be a mutiny on mine.

You just got owned.

Citizen Bleys
08-24-2012, 06:21 PM

Well, you have my permission. Isn't that all that matters?

Shorty
08-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Didn't your mother teach you to never poke the dragon, Bleys?

Quin and I have a mutual respect for eachother. Also he knows what's up.

Quindiana Jones
08-24-2012, 06:59 PM
The man has a point, Shorty.

Your team is number TWO, because you're a number two! :expee:

Shorty
08-24-2012, 07:01 PM
You boys go ahead and have your fun. I've got all y'alls balls in a vice with this event.

Quindiana Jones
08-24-2012, 07:22 PM
I can't think of a shitty smack talk response to that. Steve, quick! Attack!

krissy
08-24-2012, 07:39 PM
what's one vice against the overall virtue of team one

Citizen Bleys
08-24-2012, 08:04 PM

No. Nor did she warn me against poking unicorns, leprechauns, fetches, shades, gryphons, manticora, God, or anything else that does not exist

Quindiana Jones
08-24-2012, 10:03 PM

Shorty might be able to get away with this, but you have Iceglow on your team. Nobody believes you. ;)

Iceglow
08-24-2012, 11:29 PM
You boys go ahead and have your fun. I've got all y'alls balls in a vice with this event.

What vice would that be, the overwhelming vice of your lips?

hahahahaha and as much as I hate doing something when Quin suggests it. Does this suffice?

Quindiana Jones
08-25-2012, 12:21 AM
That sounds more like slashfic, Steve. I appreciate your involvement, however. xD

Jiro
08-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Well at least you're all demonstrating an impeccable ability to stay focused and on topic.

Citizen Bleys
08-25-2012, 01:13 AM
Being on topic sucks. Off-topic is where the fun happens.

Quindiana Jones
08-25-2012, 01:21 AM
Also, we're all on topic in our special forums that you designated for this topic. This is now the smack talk and stupidity thread.

Mercen-X
08-25-2012, 02:14 AM
Sorry, I couldn't hear any of that over the sound of my team losing so hard. :smug:

I don't see no chastity belt on any o'ye.

as much as I hate doing something when Quin suggests it. Does this suffice?

What, you Quin's butler?

Agent Proto
08-25-2012, 02:21 AM
as much as I hate doing something when Quin suggests it. Does this suffice?

What, you Quin's butler?

OOooh burn.

Iceglow
08-25-2012, 10:16 AM
What, you Quin's butler?

More like the man who slept with your mother! hahahahaha :P

Mercen-X
08-25-2012, 03:57 PM
:( You realize my mother is transgendered?

Shorty
08-25-2012, 08:21 PM

No. Nor did she warn me against poking unicorns, leprechauns, fetches, shades, gryphons, manticora, God, or anything else that does not exist

Tsk tsk. A good mother would have atleast warned you about God lephrechauns.

Steve, how did you guess the name of my vice? Meet Lips.

Hollycat
08-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Unicorns may have existed, they just weren't magic, the horn was for defensive purposes.
Proof: I heard it as I was flipping channels.

Del Murder
08-28-2012, 08:26 PM
The goal is to have this round wrapped up with results posted tonight. Your host Ryan Frecrest will have all the details.

I'm also considering allowing the teams to continue working on their events for the remainder of the competition either in their secret forums or the Events Committee forum. These are all great ideas and I don't see why we have to limit ourselves to only one of them and with only 5 days to plan it. It doesn't have to happen during the 25th anniversary. EoFF should have great events going on year-round. So I encourage you all to pursue your ideas and the staff will give you the help and leeway you need.

milliegoesbeep
08-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Wow, thanks murder. This is awesome! I can not wait to get this thing able to be played.