PDA

View Full Version : Triple Triad Tournament Finalized Idea

Iceglow
08-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Ok so we're finalizing ideas this one is a very simple one that can be run as a secondary event alongside the main event.

We simply play some Triple Triad.

Matchup is random depending on how many competitors we have, the great news is anyone can join in as all they need to do to have a deck of cards is post!

Winner from each match goes through to second round

Second round winners through on until we have 4 finalists.

The finalists play best of 3 games in the semi finals winners here will be finalists.

Losers in the semi-finals have a match up to determine 3rd place. Best of 3 games

We have a final match, best of 5 games. Winner is crowned champion of the Triple Triad tournament. (coloured custom user title or something?)

Prizes, everyone loves prizes!

1st place prize pack: 2 random character or gf cards (so could get Quistis and Squall or Ifrit and Seifer or whatever) + 3 random boss level cards

2nd place prize pack: 1 random character or gf card + 4 random boss level cards

3rd place prize pack: 5 random boss level cards.

Participants prize pack (losers ought to get something for taking part I suppose): 5 random level 3 - 4 cards.

Nice, simple and really easy to run since it's just a case of putting some names on pieces of paper in a bowl to draw the initial match up the rest will filter on through down to the end. Worst thing you may have to do is badger people to get on with it afterwards.

Goldenboko
08-24-2012, 06:58 PM
This event should be pretty simple to do, and easily adoptable into the Final Fantasy Olympics idea if we go that route. I like the best of 3 and best of 5 ideas. One game can be a bit too random.

krissy
08-24-2012, 07:43 PM
useful tools

the round robin generator

Tournament Management - Round Robin Generator (http://www.oxfordcroquet.com/manage/roundrobin/index.asp)

G13
08-26-2012, 08:17 AM
This is an excellent idea. I had heard talks of tournament match-ups and cards being used as event prizes when we first implemented the game but it seems no one decided to take off with that idea. Cards as awards seems like a good way to get people interested in the tournament as well as the game. If someone were to make some rare cards for the purpose of the tournament that would be perfect.

Alternatively, and this is something I was thinking about for the Olympics as a prize, we could fashion some kind of "button" or medal or, I dunno, something for members to show off in their sigs to show that they participated in and won something like this. Olympic gold/silver/bronze medals, a card tournament trophy, something more worthwhile than just another colored title floating around. I mean, we made a Limit bar for rep, why can't we make something member specific for people who participated in something cool?

Jiro
08-28-2012, 09:18 AM
This is an excellent idea. I had heard talks of tournament match-ups and cards being used as event prizes when we first implemented the game but it seems no one decided to take off with that idea. Cards as awards seems like a good way to get people interested in the tournament as well as the game. If someone were to make some rare cards for the purpose of the tournament that would be perfect.

Alternatively, and this is something I was thinking about for the Olympics as a prize, we could fashion some kind of "button" or medal or, I dunno, something for members to show off in their sigs to show that they participated in and won something like this. Olympic gold/silver/bronze medals, a card tournament trophy, something more worthwhile than just another colored title floating around. I mean, we made a Limit bar for rep, why can't we make something member specific for people who participated in something cool?

I found a thing like this. I made a private feedback thread about it. Hopefully it can be implemented alongside your events. You know how it is though G.