PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Pipe Dreams

Pike
08-25-2012, 01:35 AM
What are some things that you wish would happen in gaming?

Here's a couple of mine:

1.) WoW Legacy Servers BECAUSE I JUST WANT TO PLAY BURNING CRUSADE AGAIN OKAY. I would pay Blizzard all sorts of money for a couple of servers for each expac.

2.) More old console games on Xbox Live/Steam: Sega is really good about releasing a bunch of their old stuff but the others... not so much. I know Nintendo would die before doing something like this but aa;lsghksdgklhas it would be so great. I know there's emulators and such but I want to support the companies I love!

3.) The Perfect SMAC Remake. Self-explanatory.

Raistlin
08-25-2012, 02:06 AM
A good new FF game ahahaha

Ok, seriously:

1. Suikoden VI

2. Remake of Ultima Online: The Second Age

:(

Laddy
08-25-2012, 02:08 AM
1. Baldur's Gate III that isn't fucked up.

2. A Final Fantasy VI remake done by the original team.

Jowy
08-25-2012, 05:24 AM
Chrono Break.

Sephex
08-25-2012, 06:23 AM
Chrono Break.

I just started crying. Too bad Chrono Break isn't titled "Final Fantasy Money Maker" because we would have seen it by now.

Jowy
08-25-2012, 07:15 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jRYCTl8xOYM/UCOKD-Etl7I/AAAAAAAADrI/SENMX2zj720/s1600/i%2Bdon%2527t%2Bever%2Bwanna%2Bfeel.jpg

did we just become best friends? i think we did.

Sephex
08-25-2012, 07:27 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jRYCTl8xOYM/UCOKD-Etl7I/AAAAAAAADrI/SENMX2zj720/s1600/i%2Bdon%2527t%2Bever%2Bwanna%2Bfeel.jpg

did we just become best friends? i think we did.

We just did. Let us celebrate it by pretending we beat the **** out of whoever is responsible for abandoning the Chrono series.

Shauna
08-25-2012, 01:21 PM
1. Suikoden VI

I only found out recently, but Konami got rid of the RPG department that was responsible for the Suikoden games a while back. My heart. ;_;

Alpha2099
08-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Legend of Dragoon 2. It's way overdue.

Psychotic
08-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Battlefront 3 and Bully 2. Now. Yesterday. :colbert:

Raistlin
08-25-2012, 06:31 PM
I only found out recently, but Konami got rid of the RPG department that was responsible for the Suikoden games a while back. My heart. ;_;

I know, it's so sad. :(

Del Murder
08-25-2012, 07:10 PM
I would like another 2D Metroid game and another 2D Castlevania game. That genre has not had a new installment in years!

Hollycat
08-25-2012, 07:36 PM
An old style spyro game with a thousand levels

Shattered Dreamer
08-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Here's a few:

1. A new Crash Bandicoot game along the vain of the first 3.

2. For more new games to have split screen multiplayer again

3. More gaming franchises that are as compelling as Assassin's Creed.

krissy
08-27-2012, 08:04 PM
chrono break

they released that but it's called ff13-2

Pike
08-28-2012, 01:53 AM

Yes! This would be great.

Jiro
08-28-2012, 08:32 AM

I don't understand why we haven't seen Battlefront 3. When you think about the popularity of shooters, they could stand to make buckets of cash.

Psychotic
08-28-2012, 06:53 PM

I don't understand why we haven't seen Battlefront 3. When you think about the popularity of shooters, they could stand to make buckets of cash.They made it. They literally fucking made it - they got the fucking GoldenEye/Timesplitters people to make it FOR FUCKS'S SAKE! - and you can see videos of it and it looks fucking incredible. It just wasn't released because LucasArts are the biggest pile of shit-guzzling failures in gaming.

Madame Adequate
08-28-2012, 07:03 PM
LucasArts - we hate good things and money

I just want an open-world free-roaming game with a gigantic play area where every single building is fully realized internally and has Red Faction: Guerrilla's GeoMod 2.0 and when you destroy things they get rebuilt over time by construction crews who you can actually see working and stuff. Also it's set on Ganymede or something. Oh and you have massive customization options for yourself, your vehicles, your weapons, and your homes/bases. And the world reacts to what you do and operates around you so if you bring down a building you hear about it on the news and if you steal a car you might get a visit from the police days later once they've tracked you down and and and

escobert
08-28-2012, 11:08 PM
So real life but you don't have to worry about actually going to jail? :p

Shiny
08-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Yes.

Also don't even get me started on LucasArts. -_-

And TellTale Games hurry the fuck up and make all the episodes of The Walking Dead game. It should not take 2 months between each episode. They must have a really small staff and why even release things in episodes anyway? Do they really not have the money or know-how to release a full game? That's poor marketing and development.

Hollycat
08-28-2012, 11:32 PM
Yes.

And TellTale Games hurry the smurf up and make all the episodes of The Walking Dead game. It should not take 2 months between each episode. They must have a really small staff and why even release things in episodes anyway? Do they really not have the money or know-how to release a full game? That's poor marketing and development.
3rd ones out.

Slothy
08-28-2012, 11:59 PM
Yes.

And TellTale Games hurry the smurf up and make all the episodes of The Walking Dead game. It should not take 2 months between each episode. They must have a really small staff and why even release things in episodes anyway? Do they really not have the money or know-how to release a full game? That's poor marketing and development.
3rd ones out.

Not according to Steam or the PSN an hour or two ago.

But since you're wondering Shiny, part of the problem is the console approval process. Sony and Microsoft are complete morons and can't get stuff turned around very quickly. They've had Episode 3 turned into them for approval for at least a week, maybe more.

Hollycat
08-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Ahem, PlayStation Store Update – PlayStation Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/28/playstation-store-update-254/)

Shattered Dreamer
08-29-2012, 12:20 AM

Yes! This would be great.

I can't wait for Borderlands 2 because because there is split screen multiplayer for the campaign/story mode.

Wolf Kanno
08-29-2012, 02:43 AM
I would say Chrono Break/Brake and Suikoden VI but most of the teams responsible for the games don't work for either Squenix or Konami anymore so even if they were finally announced now, I would be very weary of their quality. So I would say both games being released and worked on by their original teams.

Breath of Fire VI would be pretty cool.

English port of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment for PSP so I can get more Persona fix.

Persona 5 released in late 2012 or early 2013.

Actual visual confirmation that Versus XIII and the Last Guardian are not vaporware. Until I see new footage, both products are basically vaporware to me.

Final Fantasy Type-0 gets a worldwide release on the PSP.

The World Ends With You 2

Snatcher Remake

Gitaroo Man 2

Nintendo to greenlight the completion of the Xenosaga storyline since they own Monolith Soft.

A Hiroyuki Ito helmed numbered FF game

Seiken Desetsu 3 translated and released on PSN and Virtual Console.

Front Mission collection

Einhander to be released on PSN

Vagrant Story 2 with VS original development team.

A direct sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics also helmed by its original team.

Shin Megami Tensei I and II remakes translated and released on PSN or Virtual Console

A remake of Assassin's Creed 1 that implements all the improvements from the sequels into it.

A sequel to Battletech and MechCommander, screw Mechwarrior...