PDA

View Full Version : EoFF's 10 Top 10

Laddy
08-25-2012, 02:18 AM
Let's decide the best of the best. ITT, we'll nominate up anywhere from one to five games in ten genres, determining which games are the best of their respective genre.

PM nominations in these genres. If a game belongs to a different genre than stated, I will move it with no loss to the other nominations the user submits.

From there, I'll narrow it down to at most, 20 each. People will vote for the five best in each genre on the list via PM and I'll assemble the 10 Top 10 and 10 Of All Time (based on most overall votes).

Genres

Action
Adventure
Casual
Fighting
Puzzle and Rhythm
Role-Playing
Shooting
Simulation
Sports and Driving
Strategy

NeoCracker
08-25-2012, 03:36 AM
I don't think Strategy and Simulations should be together. Otherwise we have games like Starcraft and Harvest Moon on the same list. :p

Laddy
08-25-2012, 08:43 PM
I would agree, but I felt that Simulation wasn't a well-received enough genre to warrant one on its own, and I didn't want to combine others. :p

ScottyRedXIII
08-26-2012, 01:38 AM
Are we PM'ing the nominations to you Laddy?

NeoCracker
08-26-2012, 01:39 AM
I would agree, but I felt that Simulation wasn't a well-received enough genre to warrant one on its own, and I didn't want to combine others. :p

I think we have quite a few fans of Rune Factory, Harvest Moon, and The Sims. :p

Pike
08-26-2012, 01:41 AM
>looks at Laddy's list
>sees "Strategy & Simulation"
>"OOOH OOOH I VOTE CIV IV, SMAC, X-COM, MOO2 AND SIMCITY 4."
>sees the other categories
>has absolutely no idea where to start

I want to like... take my nomination allotment from the other categories and add them all to the strat & sim one and just nominate like 30 of those

Madame Adequate
08-26-2012, 01:45 AM
Nope sorry this won't do

Starcraft
Red Alert 2
Tropico 4
SimCity 4
Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe
Patrician 3
Anno 1404
Master of Orion 2
Civilization IV
Sid Meier's Alpha Centuari
Theme Park
Theme Hospital
Dungeon Keeper
Dwarf Fortress
Evil Genius
Populous: The Beginning
Company of Heroes
Endless Space
Rollercoaster Tycoon
Homeworld

And that's only treating "Simulation" to mean "Management", and isn't including things like flight sims (MS Flight Simulator), train sims (Train Simulator 2012), dating sims (Cripple Girls: So Many Feels), military/police sims (ArmA2 and SWAT 4), naval sims (Silent Hunter) or social simulators (The uh, Sims :p).

:colbert:

Pike
08-26-2012, 01:49 AM
I actually do have a question; do platform games go into Action? Because I can think of a lot of those as well :love:

I'll PM my nominations tomorrow when I'm not falling asleep!

Laddy
08-26-2012, 07:50 PM
All right, lemme change this up.

Action
Adventure
Casual
Fighting
Puzzle and Rhythm
Role-Playing
Shooting
Simulation
Sports and Driving