PDA

View Full Version : Why is that thumb there?

Shiny
08-25-2012, 03:03 AM
Yesterday in a NYC subway I saw a thumb on the ground. Just a human thumb...with no person attached to it. I did a double take and got whip lash. Definitely a thumb. D:

I wonder wtf happened and why it was there, but then I just remembered it's NY so of course. I shouldn't be shocked. Still, I am. Seen anything shocking lately?

Laddy
08-25-2012, 03:08 AM
Shiny, that's awful. D:

Me? Well, my bike was stolen upon the first day of my entering of the dorm! :lol:

Sephex
08-25-2012, 03:59 AM
Not recently, but this thread reminded me of the time I saw a large, angry man get out of his car at a KFC drive-thru screaming nonsense. He walked up to the window and started to punch it as hard as he could. There was a kid in his car crying. The cops showed up and talked him down somehow. I still have no idea what the hell that was about.

I wasn't at the KFC because I was in the middle of walking into a restaurant at the time. He wasn't mad at another driver or else he would have punched another car, I imagine. He also already ordered, but didn't get his food yet, so they didn't have a chance to screw up his order. He didn't appear drunk or on drugs either, especially since the cops talked him down and he wasn't arrested. Seriously, this bothers me. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!

Hollycat
08-25-2012, 04:02 AM
Not anything like a thumb on the ground, where are you, Queens?

The other day I saw a guy waltz up to an iron fence and kick the dog on the other side. I probably would have thrown a fit it it hadn't been Kitty.

Seriously though, a thumb?
Like an actual thumb? Not a toy, not a drawing?

Tigmafuzz
08-25-2012, 04:57 AM
Things don't really shock me these days. I keep my head level in all situations and react fairly quickly to the things going on around me. I'd be a little confused at first when seeing a thumb on the ground, but after thinking about it and deciding that I should probably call the police to come figure out what to do with it, I'd just grab it with the handkerchief I carry around and take it home and put it in a jar. Because having a human thumb would be awesome.

The other day I saw a guy waltz up to an iron fence and kick the dog on the other side.

And you didn't run towards him and slam his face into the fence repeatedly before throwing him into the yard with the dog he kicked? That seems like the only logical thing to do when you see someone kicking a dog for no reason.

Hollycat
08-25-2012, 04:59 AM
Things don't really shock me these days. I keep my head level in all situations and react fairly quickly to the things going on around me. I'd be a little confused at first when seeing a thumb on the ground, but after thinking about it and deciding that I should probably call the police to come figure out what to do with it, I'd just grab it with the handkerchief I carry around and take it home and put it in a jar. Because having a human thumb would be awesome.

The other day I saw a guy waltz up to an iron fence and kick the dog on the other side.

And you didn't run towards him and slam his face into the fence repeatedly before throwing him into the yard with the dog he kicked? That seems like the only logical thing to do when you see someone kicking a dog for no reason.

Like I said, if it were any other dog. i assumed he and Kitty had a relationship.

Mercen-X
08-25-2012, 05:19 AM
I never outwardly admit to things that shock and appall me. I just absorb it as reality and allow the seething growth, a cancer comprised of my ill-regard toward humanity, at the back of my neck to expand and claim more territory in my veins. My mind temporarily wanders and then I move on having accepted another foul truth about mankind that lends itself to my goal of world domination. :plotting:

Shauna
08-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Wow. :|

And uh, nothing shocking recently. Despite living in the West of Scotland, I don't seem to see much horror occurring. Heck, I've been living in a not great area of Glasgow for the past two years and the worst I've seen is the local shopkeeper getting bottled.

escobert
08-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Wtf a thumb!?

I haven't seen anything shocking lately :(

Christmas
08-25-2012, 03:28 PM
I saw MANUS in real life. :kakapo:

Shiny
08-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Not anything like a thumb on the ground, where are you, Queens?

The other day I saw a guy waltz up to an iron fence and kick the dog on the other side. I probably would have thrown a fit it it hadn't been Kitty.

Seriously though, a thumb?
Like an actual thumb? Not a toy, not a drawing?
A human thumb. Looked like a man's thumb. With the lack of blood I was thinking maybe it could've been from a wax figure possibly, but it's not like that wouldn't have also been weird. Also it was in Manhattan not Queens, but you'd think that sort of thing would happen in an area with higher violent crime rate like Brooklyn.

Laddy
08-25-2012, 10:24 PM
I saw MANUS in real life. :kakapo:
Christmas!? Speak of the devil!

~*~Celes~*~
08-26-2012, 12:24 AM
I haven't seen anything THAT wacky but I've seen some off the wall things, like an old lady scream at someone at work for the coffee pots being broken, telling him he'd better have it fixed before she leaves "or else." And an old guy who talks very loudly to himself and points with his eyes closed. Some little boy ran over in his general direction, no older than 4, and the old man closed his eyes and screamed "you'd better not be mine! you'd better not me mine, you little bastard! how can you love something that isn't yours?!" and the parents looked like they wanted to whoop some booty. I was too shocked to say anything, it came out of nowhere.

Tigmafuzz
08-26-2012, 01:21 AM
I haven't seen anything THAT wacky but I've seen some off the wall things, like an old lady scream at someone at work for the coffee pots being broken, telling him he'd better have it fixed before she leaves "or else." And an old guy who talks very loudly to himself and points with his eyes closed. Some little boy ran over in his general direction, no older than 4, and the old man closed his eyes and screamed "you'd better not be mine! you'd better not me mine, you little bastard! how can you love something that isn't yours?!" and the parents looked like they wanted to whoop some booty. I was too shocked to say anything, it came out of nowhere.

I'll be ecstatic when I'm finally that old and get to do things like that for fun.

Mercen-X
08-26-2012, 05:30 AM
Some crazy-assed B sped up on an old lady in a car ahead of her. The B was in a huge suburban. The whine of her engine and the shriek of breaks were enough to tweak my neck in her direction, but then she honked her horn and shouted "Get out of your f-ing car, b**ch!" I assume she thought the old woman driving the car was someone else. The old lady made a U-turn and suddenly the B stopped following her and drove away.

A police officer had just pulled into the same parking garage we had and I assume he heard all of the commotion. But it wasn't until the B drove off that he showed any interest and peeked his head out. Useless cops.

fire_of_avalon
08-26-2012, 05:49 AM
I saw a man have a heart attack and die in a McDonald's once. I don't know that he died right there in front of us but I read his obituary later. I should learn CPR.

Jiro
08-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Someone shouted abuse at me today. Then I stopped being confused and realised that it wasn't that uncommon.

Shiny
08-26-2012, 07:38 PM
I saw a man have a heart attack and die in a McDonald's once. I don't know that he died right there in front of us but I read his obituary later. I should learn CPR.
That's horrible. D:

I thought McDonalds employees are supposed to know CPR or at least the manager. I thought this was a requirement for all fast food restaurants or at least it should be.

Hollycat
08-27-2012, 03:50 AM
That's horrible. D:

I thought McDonalds employees are supposed to know CPR or at least the manager. I thought this was a requirement for all fast food restaurants or at least it should be.

It should be, it isn't.

Shlup
08-27-2012, 07:58 AM
I've got nothing that beats a random thumb. D:

I heard someone got their finger stuck in the embroidery machine at work the other day.

smittenkitten
08-28-2012, 02:45 PM
That is so funny yet random, trying to think of something I've seen recently... Erm does a guy overdosing on drugs at a street corner count? =o

Quindiana Jones
08-28-2012, 03:08 PM
That's fairly standard in Scotland, isn't it?

Shiny
08-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Was he River Phoenix?

Mercen-X
08-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Found out Shiny and Iceman are the same person. My world will never be the same. :leeza:

Rocket Edge
08-28-2012, 05:53 PM
That's mental Shiny. A human thumb? Good lord.

If your on facebook like the page 'Embarrassing nightclub photos of the week'. You'll be shocked everyday.