PDA

View Full Version : Yeah so I resubbed to WoW

Pike
08-26-2012, 01:39 AM
I haven't played in a million years but I was bored. Plus that new MoP patch is coming out in like two days or whatever, so why not?

Because I accepted a Scroll of Resurrection I can level boost any character of my choosing to 80. I'm really torn here because leveling is my favorite part of the game and if you levelboost someone you're missing out on all that beautiful leveling time :( Maybe a class I've already leveled? (Several times? *cough* hunter) Maybe roll something on a new server? WHO KNOWS.

Anyways I transmogrified into my old level 70 gear and it feels amazing :cool:

Does anyone else still play WoW and/or has anyone else resubbed lately?

Alpha2099
08-26-2012, 02:26 AM
Oh no...Pike has been seduced by the Dark Side.

Jowy
08-26-2012, 02:44 AM
I made an undead hunter and went 1-85 in like two weeks a few months back. I transmogged all of his gear into the old level 70 elemental shaman badge stuff with kilt and voodoo pauldrons, looked like a boss. And I maxed out engineering on him too just so I could have Surestrike Goggles v2.0 on ALL THE TIME.

I'll probably resub, take my shammy up to 90 and then promptly quit again. I had fun doing the quests in Cata...just not much of anything else. Nothing will be as awesome as storming Black Temple and Ulduar. ICC was fun until it was time for heroics. I would rather make out with a salad shooter than hear Sindragosa's voice again.

Bunny
08-26-2012, 05:24 AM
Weren't you all adamant about not returning to WoW ever again or something, Pike?

I'm still subbed since I bought the annual pass w/ Diablo 3 (worst idea) but I haven't played more than 10 minutes in the last couple of months. Every time I go back I remember that there isn't anything to do anymore. I might come back and check it out though, maybe.

Jowy
08-26-2012, 05:57 AM
I miss my Standing In A Magical Floating City Simulator. Blizzard, just accept we're all gonna pick one city to hang out in. The weirdos go to the others.

Pike
08-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Weren't you all adamant about not returning to WoW ever again or something, Pike?

Not that I recall; WoW is one of those things that you can't ever really quit. I can't anyway, because I am weak. I guess I might have said it at one point in a fit of passion or something. Anyways I like WoW, I just want to have the time to play other games as well xD

I'll probably resub, take my shammy up to 90 and then promptly quit again. I had fun doing the quests in Cata...just not much of anything else.

Yep same here. I haven't raided or done a heroic since about halfway through WotLK when I logged in one day and realized how bored I was with the whole thing. I like questing on alts and stuff. Truth be told I still like WoW, I'm just super burned out on endgame, which is why I then quit for a year and a half or whatever.

Edit: Also my old guild kicked me out for being inactive or something lolol and I can't be arsed to find a new one

Edit Edit: Also I still miss being a permanent tree, I swear I'm never gonna play my druid again

Jinx
08-27-2012, 01:28 AM
Lol, I called this.

theundeadhero
08-27-2012, 03:49 AM
Yay!

Yeah, still playing end-game. Still raiding heroics.
Only 600 more heavy junkboxes until my The Insane title :p

Raids really aren't what they used to be, as far as fun or content, but it's the drive to clear the toughest content and have the best gear that keeps me going. One of the top three ret pallies on my server :)

escobert
08-27-2012, 04:19 PM
http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/144226-guild-wars-2-incoming-weekend.html

Madame Adequate
08-27-2012, 05:35 PM
I think that thing spent longer in vapor status than Dook did.

Jowy
08-30-2012, 12:03 AM
so how's post-cata warcraft, steph?

Pike
08-30-2012, 12:06 AM
I've only spent ten minutes in it thus far due to massive amounts of overtime at work :(

Will report back this weekend!

Pike
09-02-2012, 02:40 PM
I like new WoW. It's fun. I have no idea how long it's going to hold my interest this time around but I like a lot of the changes.

BattleTag swap? :jess:

pikestaff#1285

VeloZer0
09-02-2012, 04:01 PM
I would love to get into WoW again, but I have so much on my plate at the moment that I would evaluate it as very much impossible.

Jowy
09-04-2012, 04:49 AM
Resubbed. Ironbound Proto and both BC raid titles on all of my characters. :). Trying to get used to working Murder of Crows into the awesome survival rotation of "bash arcane shot five times in a row".

Hand of A'dal swagger all day every day.

theundeadhero
09-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Swagger all you like. You can't swag like I can swag :p
Ret pally isn't as fun but I'm getting more DPS out of it so that keeps me happy.
Prot Warrior seems more fun. It's much faster now instead of seeming blocky and mechanical.
I haven't made up my mind yet about fire mage.

Pike
09-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Resubbed. Ironbound Proto and both BC raid titles on all of my characters. :). Trying to get used to working Murder of Crows into the awesome survival rotation of "bash arcane shot five times in a row".

OMG I love Murder of Crows.

Also JELLY, I've got this one quest on my hunter since BC to unlock Mags (or something?) but I guess you need that one PLUS one more to get the Champion of the Naaru title and aaaaauuuuuuggggghhhh

Karazhan and heroics were all I ever did in BC pretty much. And SSC a couple times I think? That one was after they took all the attunements out. I went back and did BT at 80. xD

Edit: My best title is probably "of the Nightfall" which I got when it was still hard.

Madame Adequate
09-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Sooooo Holy Shock is the new Frost Shock.

Shorty
09-05-2012, 02:54 AM
Eric is trying to get me to play. I am refusing.

Jowy
09-05-2012, 03:27 PM
dude eff paladins right now...it's like patch 3.0 all over again. is expertise now required for hunters? i ask because benedictus somehow parried an explosive shot and i'm like "what"

sarah if you play warcraft with me i'll be your sugar daddy and buy you pets and assorted other fun items!

prot warriors are not well tuned it seems...stop changing shield block every expansion and put it back to how it was in BC...an on demand super block ability. mind you i can't break the mentality of "warrior tanks the boss, the rest of the plebs can taunt off me and take care of trash"

escobert
09-05-2012, 04:07 PM

Or come play a game that actually looks good is brand new and you don't pay every month! :D By that I mean Guild Wars 2!

Pike
09-05-2012, 05:16 PM
is expertise now required for hunters?

yes it is and it's so ridiculous :mad2:

Jowy
09-05-2012, 05:18 PM
ugh god dammit i seriously have to regem don't i

MILLIONS OF TEARS

Pike
09-05-2012, 06:01 PM
"Yeah we got rid of stuff like armor pen because we don't want you guys to have to juggle all these numbers

BUT HEY NOW YOU NEED BOTH EXPERTISE AND HIT LOLOL"

Jowy
09-05-2012, 06:46 PM
i'm glad armor pen is gone...i've seen one needle-encrusted scorpion and this ballwashing mage smurfing won the need roll and skipped off

Madame Adequate
09-05-2012, 10:07 PM

Or come play a game that actually looks good is brand new and you don't pay every month! :D By that I mean Guild Wars 2!

Sadly GW2 is missing one vital quality: Being a good game.

theundeadhero
09-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Tanks need hit and exp again along with critical block being back so they're slowly working backwards towards BC :p I agree warriors should be boss tanks. Managing numbers on five stats right now sucks though. I don't know what my best title would be. Guess it depends on if we're talking about hardest to get, can't earn anymore, or coolest. Did you guys play on khadgar, I think it was, with Aracial and Chemical? Only Alliance toon I ever rolled was to play with them on that server back in BC :p

Shorty
09-06-2012, 04:09 AM
sarah if you play warcraft with me i'll be your sugar daddy and buy you pets and assorted other fun items!

oh well in that case

signing up now

Jowy
09-06-2012, 05:08 AM
Tanks need hit and exp again along with critical block being back so they're slowly working backwards towards BC :p I agree warriors should be boss tanks. Managing numbers on five stats right now sucks though. I don't know what my best title would be. Guess it depends on if we're talking about hardest to get, can't earn anymore, or coolest. Did you guys play on khadgar, I think it was, with Aracial and Chemical? Only Alliance toon I ever rolled was to play with them on that server back in BC :p

I played with Doomgaze, Alixsar, Jebus, and DocFrance all at some point on my realm; Draka Horde was/is like the Alabama of WoW servers. I don't know why I haven't transferred to a highpop server, but I am comfortable with where I am. I want to play my warrior but I wanna have a dedicated healer to follow me around while I play BASED ARMS OH LORD I AM THE HIGHLANDER

escobert
09-06-2012, 05:12 AM

Sadly GW2 is missing one vital quality: Being a good game.

Have you played to be able to say this?

I've played WoW. It was horribly borring and one big gringfest, F that.

theundeadhero
09-06-2012, 05:33 AM
Arms? It's all about fury again.

Maybe Draka was the one they played on and Khal was the one I started on in Vanilla. I can't remember anymore. Haven't played on either in years.

Pike
09-06-2012, 10:43 AM

That's the whole point of an MMO. xD

Jinx
09-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Y'all are nerds.

*goes to play FFXIV*

Pike
09-06-2012, 03:39 PM
MMOs aren't even really nerdy anymore to be honest

CimminyCricket
09-06-2012, 03:50 PM
I tried to play this game once. I made it to level 9, but none of the people who said they'd play with me ever played with me. :C

escobert
09-06-2012, 04:04 PM

That's the whole point of an MMO. xD
Which is why I never got into MMO's
I wanna have fun not feel like I have to go to work.

Jinx
09-06-2012, 04:07 PM
MMOs aren't even really nerdy anymore to be honest

r2

d2

theundeadhero
09-06-2012, 10:54 PM
No,no,no... I'm not a nerd because I play wow. I'm a nerd because I read Star Wars books and play Final Fantasy.

Pike
09-07-2012, 10:40 AM
If I had to explain to someone why I think I'm a nerd, I'd say I'm a nerd because I never leave the house, I drink nothing but Mountain Dew, and I average about 60 hours of video games a week whilst holding a job. Oh, and most of the video games are old strategy games that get me excited over the Ottoman Empire.

Mirage
09-07-2012, 10:45 AM
You are a BAD BAD GIRL.

Sid meier is turning in his grave.

Jinx
09-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Mountain Dew is the worst soda you can drink. :(

escobert
09-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Mountain Dew all soda is the worst soda you can drink. :(

Jinx
09-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Mountain Dew all soda is the worst soda you can drink. :(

Truth. I only drink soda once a week, if.

Madame Adequate
09-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Soda is the best possible thing to drink.

NeoCracker
09-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Mountain Dew is like God's elixer delivered unto man.

Mountain Dew Livewire, on the other hand, is something our mortal mouths don't deserve to taste, for we are beneath it.

Jowy
09-07-2012, 05:37 PM
when they discontinued mountain dew livewire my grandmother bought at least twenty cases of it for $1.99 a pop (rimshot)

its all we had to drink aside from water and milk for an entire summer

Araciel
09-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Can't do it.. That part of my life is over. May buy GW2

Pike
09-08-2012, 01:23 AM
Mountain Dew Livewire, on the other hand, is something our mortal mouths don't deserve to taste, for we are beneath it.

This is the most truthful, accurate post I have ever seen on this forum.

Bunny
09-08-2012, 01:36 AM
How could you forget about me Eric? I'm sad now.

I have tried several times to start up again since 5.0.4 went live but the game just holds no interest for me anymore. It's a shame I get to pay for it until December because of shitty Diablo 3.

Jowy
09-08-2012, 03:12 AM
you transferred on and off every three months!

I did love doing badly in Ulduar with you being bro-tier hunter and the only other GOAT dps :)

Bunny
09-08-2012, 04:22 AM
I transferred and then everyone stopped playing!

Jowy
09-08-2012, 04:26 AM
Ain't that the truth...finding bodies to DPS well was pretty tricky too. And the elusive raid healer.

theundeadhero
09-18-2012, 03:59 AM
Tried out the Theramore event that started today. The first time was ok but I was bored of it by the end of my second. I didn't stick around to run a third through.
I've been wasting most of my time playing around on a private Vanilla server though. Reminded me how much of a darker atmosphere the game used to have. It creates a much more epic experience. I can't wait to raid original Naxx since I missed out on it the first time. Only 25 levels and tons of gearing up to go :p

Renmiri
09-18-2012, 04:36 AM
MoP has some fun new things, like Pokemon Pet Battles and levelling a monk from 1-15 is fun. Jade Forest and Kunlay summit are very pretty and quests are fun. But after 90... Meh..

I tried not doing too much this time. Last time I did so much on Cataclysm Beta that I was burned out when Cata went live. Let's see how it goes.

Pike
09-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Tried out the Theramore event that started today. The first time was ok but I was bored of it by the end of my second. I didn't stick around to run a third through.
I've been wasting most of my time playing around on a private Vanilla server though. Reminded me how much of a darker atmosphere the game used to have. It creates a much more epic experience. I can't wait to raid original Naxx since I missed out on it the first time. Only 25 levels and tons of gearing up to go :p

I don't meet the item level requirement for the Theramore event which should tell you how long I was away from the game. xD

I messed around on a BC private server for a bit, it was pretty glorious at first but then I sort of had this feeling of... "you can't go home again". If that makes any sense. The whole thing just felt kind of off and deja vu.

Jinx
09-18-2012, 04:02 PM
So they finally caved and made Vanilla and BC servers?

Pike
09-18-2012, 05:40 PM
So they finally caved and made Vanilla and BC servers?

I wish. I was playing on a private, non-Blizzard server.

theundeadhero
09-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Same.

I'm sure Vanilla will wear off on me eventually but I went to Iraq in January '05 and didn't get to come back until 'January '06 so I didn't get to experience all of it. After this if I move on to a BC server it will very likely feel that way.

Jinx
09-18-2012, 09:54 PM
How do private servers work?

They'll probably never make them, as most of the WoW "community" would be playing on them, and their expansions would be irrelevant.

Jowy
09-18-2012, 09:59 PM
you delete some config files in your wow folder and replace with another. every private server i've played on was glitchy and full of scrubs walking around in 5/5 tier sets who just kind of rolled around in a pile of gems to gear themselves

theundeadhero
09-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Some servers make you delete things. I downloaded a seperate file so the current game had nothign wrong with it. No bugs or jerkfaces so far :p

Jinx
09-19-2012, 12:22 AM
So basically Vanilla/BC server = major hax?

theundeadhero
09-19-2012, 02:07 AM
Basically a copy of the game from the past. Nothing changes your current copy of the game and it doesn't use any information from it. You don't even have to have it installed.

Madame Adequate
09-26-2012, 06:05 AM
As it turns out, pet battles are awesome and I love them and I'm totally going to Pokemon hard here.

theundeadhero
09-26-2012, 10:34 PM
I'll get around to it after my two top toons are raid ready, probably.

Citizen Bleys
09-26-2012, 11:42 PM
I played with Doomgaze, Alixsar, Jebus, and DocFrance all at some point on my realm;

*cough*

Pike
09-27-2012, 01:42 AM
Pandas are fun

Monks are fun

WoW is fun right now and yes I feel disgusted with myself

I don't think I'm ever going to raid again, though. I feel pretty done with that. But who knows, I guess.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-27-2012, 12:09 PM
drink nothing but Mountain Dew

Soda is the best possible thing to drink.

Mountain Dew is like God's elixer delivered unto man.

Enjoy your golf ball sized kidney stones, gang.

Madame Adequate
09-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Oh I will :)

Jowy
09-27-2012, 06:32 PM
I played with Doomgaze, Alixsar, Jebus, and DocFrance all at some point on my realm;

*cough*

and bleys with his ten thousand alts

starlet
10-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Im waiting for my time to run out these next few days. My hubby got me to sign back up with him but I didnt do the whole buy wow for a year for diablo for free (and boy am I glad I didnt!). I might end up re-subbing and getting the expansion simply for pokeman, but you dont need mists to play it. I just dont have the money for that right now.